Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Hi Cookie,

Perfect means imperfect...

"Give me a proof from the (imperfect) perfect scriptures that shows that they are really (perfect) perfect."

Off to Wonderland.

Shalom,
Steven
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
cookiemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Cookie,

Perfect means imperfect...
Off to Wonderland.
That's not what I said or meant - We are imperfect, yet because of Christ's work, we are counted perfect in God's eyes.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster
That's not what I said or meant - We are imperfect, yet because of Christ's work, we are counted perfect in God's eyes.
The problem, Cookiemonster, is that you want to believe that we do not have God's pure word. Thus you move definitions around to meet your desired target. Words then have your own private interpretation, and you leave the clear sense of scripture.

Shalom,
Steven
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
cookiemonster

Quote:

The problem, Cookiemonster, is that you want to believe that we do not have God's pure word. Thus you move definitions around to meet your desired target. Words then have your own private interpretation, and you leave the clear sense of scripture.
That's quite a statement - how do you know what I want to believe? As far as I know only God and I knows what I want to believe. As far as I can tell, "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven" is the clearest Scripture that tells me where God's perfect Word is; there is no corresponding, clear verse that says "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled on earth as well." I will contend that I have taken the clear sense of scripture, and that my opponents have not.

Thank you and all for your insights!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster
my opponents have not....Thank you and all for your insights!
Most welcome.

And I don't mind one smidgen if accepting and believing God's word, that he has by grace allowed to be in my hands, is pure and prefect .. makes me someone's 'opponent'. What a difficult place to be ... having Bible believers as your opponent and never really knowing what is God's perfect word, striving and straining to find it, yet it is not there to be found, God's word is hidden away, unaccessible

Shalom,
Steven
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
cookiemonster

Quote:
What a difficult place to be ... having Bible believers as your opponent and never really knowing what is God's perfect word, striving and straining to find it, yet it is not there to be found, God's word is hidden away, unaccessible
Let's put it this way: I attend a conservative/fundamental Bible-believing Baptist church, and I have no problem following the lead of our Pastors and the message that they preach. They may be imperfect men, but I still believe they are men of God, their spirits and hearts striving for perfection without taint of heresy.

I also have no problem following the KJV; it says, and I believe. I am a Bible believer. I don't doubt a single word because I believe the spirits and hearts behind the KJV (the translators) strove for perfection without taint of heresy. Any (minor) imperfections in the KJV I believe God will correct for me in heaven, but til then, I believe I am counted perfect because I have striven for perfection in my choice of translation, though not having reached it on this earth.

"Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God." (1 Jn 3:21)