Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:50 PM

Default Re; " Questions from a non-KJVO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandog130 View Post
"Hey guys,

I'm new here and I've been browsing this site and the rest of the internet for some time, but I have had trouble coming up with the answers I was looking for. I'm sure there out there somewhere but I figured it'd be easiest just to ask directly since I find most people rather enjoy discussing what they believe anyway.

I'm going to come clean: I'm not a KJVO, but give me a chance. I'm sure you're used to people coming in and trollinng, ranting, and belittling and I'm not here to do that. I just honestly have trouble completely understanding the view and I'm sure this is the place to fix that.

I have many, many questions, but I guess the best one to start with is: why the 1611 KJV? (Why not an earlier English translation? Is there such thing as an inspired non-English version or is the KJV the only inspired English version? Was there an inspired version before man had the KJV?)

I suppose ended up being more than one question, but the parenthetical ones probably help explain where I'm coming from.
"

Thanks,
-Brandon
Aloha brandog130,

Welcome to the AV1611 Forum. Feel free to ask questions - we're fairly "tolerant" here. I would recommend that you check out some of the "Threads" posted on the Forum (there are hundreds of them), you may find the answers to many of your questions.

There are LOTS OF "Threads" on "BIBLE VERSIONS"; "BIBLE STUDIES"; "DOCTRINE"; "CURRENT EVENTS"; "MISSION SUPPORT"; GENERAL CHIT-CHAT; and even "PRAYER REQUESTS". There's bound to be some information that will edify you in one way or another. Check out the "SEARCH" function on the Forum, it's real handy for tracking down subjects (I suggest you use the "Advanced" feature when searching.).

There are quite a few knowledgeable brethren on the Forum; many of whom would give some of the best in "Academia" a run for their money! I personally believe that if you are looking for honest and sincere answers to your questions - you've come to the right place.

We don't "bite", but we might "bark" now and then.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
There are quite a few knowledgeable brethren on the Forum; many of whom would give some of the best in "Academia" a run for their money! I personally believe that if you are looking for honest and sincere answers to your questions - you've come to the right place.
Not the least of which is Bro. George himself!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
That's interesting, brother!
I started writing and just a flood came, I have to edit it into a cohesive and readable booklet, then find a publisher.

The original manuscript fraud can be put to death with half a page, I'm going to devote the bulk of the book to just helps and BIBLICAL sources, not a guide on manuscript evidence.

I'll keep you posted

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-07-2009, 10:23 AM

As I posted on another thread, Dr. Sam Gipp who I see linked has spoken at our church and I found him to be an excellent authority on the KJV. I encourage all to read his books. I found the "Questions and Answers" to be most helpful. I welcome thoughts or comments on this author.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottage Kat View Post
As I posted on another thread, Dr. Sam Gipp who I see linked has spoken at our church and I found him to be an excellent authority on the KJV. I encourage all to read his books. I found the "Questions and Answers" to be most helpful. I welcome thoughts or comments on this author.
I concur with you. Dr. Gipp is an ardent, adamant, yet rational defender of the Scriptures in English. He jhas made many of his helps availabl;e as free downloads and I urge everyone to examine his work.

Grace and peace today

Tony