Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Haha, yeah I have read that page many times...
Ruckman and the military... oh boy, I can remember we were laughing with Bro. Ruckman the last time he preached, he was showing us all the ways to kill a man with his bare hands... I think some of the people in the church were kind of freaked out, but we were loving every minute of it... he was talking about gouging out eyeballs, and the proper way to insert a bayonet between the ribs, and I think a few of the beloved were starting to turn green... it was quite a sermon.
Brother, when I was at PBI, my kids naturally went to VBS, and Ruckman preached to them every day. One year, the theme was "The Whole Armor of God." He came to the pulpit in fatigues, with his German daggers and his nunchucks and all sorts of things, and demonstrated all the killing techniques for these wide-eyed little primary kids! LOL!

I think those lessons are still available on DVD. In any case, those kids never forgot the message!

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-19-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Brother, when I was at PBI, my kids naturally went to VBS, and Ruckman preached to them every day. One year, the theme was "The Whole Armor of God." He came to the pulpit in fatigues, with his German daggers and his nunchucks and all sorts of things, and demonstrated all the killing techniques for these wide-eyed little primary kids! LOL!

I think those lessons are still available on DVD. In any case, those kids never forgot the message!

I think I saw part of one of those videos when I was a kid... at least I remember seeing a video where Dr. Ruckman was talking to kids and he had some really old weapons he was showing them... and on part of it he was talking about how the Armor doesn't include covering for a soldier's back because a soldier is supposed to never turn his back to the enemy. I was really young when I saw it so that's all I remember...