Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Tom

Default Obama, "the anti-christ"

Does anyone think that Obama could be the anti-christ? Or, paving the way for the anti-christ?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 PM

not the anti-Christ, but definitely paving the way...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Does anyone think that Obama could be the anti-christ? Or, paving the way for the anti-christ?
The Antichrist will be a Jew, and will come from Syria. He'll probably assume the Papacy, or at least take complete control of the Catholic Church, thus uniting in himself all three "great religions:" a Jew, a native of Muslim Syria, and a "Christian."

I think his election might very well be part of the process of smoothing the path for the Antichrist. It's clear from Scripture that, in the very end times (like the Tribulation), the real centers of power will be Europe and the Middle East. (The "kings of the east" play a part, too: and China is now coming on strong.) By then, America must be a third or fourth-rate power, and Obama is just the man to get us there with his "international" outlook and his weakness on defense.

A man like Reagan, or maybe even McCain, wouldn't hand over all our sovereignty to the UN or the European Union. But Obama might do just that.

So, Obama's election might mean that the Tribulation is right around the corner. But we figured that the Rapture could come any day, so it's no big surprise!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post

So, Obama's election might mean that the Tribulation is right around the corner. But we figured that the Rapture could come any day, so it's no big surprise!
You're right. If you think about it, we should be rejoicing right now because the Lord is coming soon!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
EverlastingSon

The Antichrist will be a Jew, and will come from Syria.[quote]

Where does it say that in the bible??

So, Obama's election might mean that the Tribulation is right around the corner. But we figured that the Rapture could come any day, so it's no big surprise![QUOTE]

And can someone find me a verse where its talks about this rapture cause as far as i can see there is no such thing we'll all be here until the end!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
EverlastingSon

Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride
Quote:
The Antichrist will be a Jew, and will come from Syria.
Where does it say that in the bible not trying to debate just want to find it.

Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride
Quote:
Where in the bible does it say anything about a rapture. Im pretty sure that we are all here till the end.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
No,as a christian i don't think we will know who he is,since we will be raptured. He will not be revealed until the Holy Spirit is gone out of this world. I received a crazy email the other day that parralled the anti-christ and Obama,it said the anti-christ would be around 40,Muslim descent,who will decieve the nations with pervasive languages and have a Massive christ like appeal etc etc.. and they referenced Revelation Chapter 13. There is nothing in there that states any specifics or any other books of the Bible that i recall.
Some of what they say are in line with what the Charismatic/Pentecostal/Holy rollers believe. I also heard that some preacher(who is deceased now?) had prophesied that we would have a woman president,of course this was all before the election,guess they were wrong.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSon View Post
Where in the bible does it say anything about a rapture. Im pretty sure that we are all here till the end.
EverlastingSon:
That's a good question, some Christians hold to a different doctrine, however I do not believe God's adopted children in this dispensation of grace will go through the tribulation or "Jacob's trouble." I assume that is what you mean by "the end."

To be clear---I am talking about the children of God who have trusted Christ's blood for redemption, those who have received God's gift of salvation and have been "born again." (Eph. 2:8-9, John 1:12, John 3:3-6)

Please remember in Genesis when God destroyed the world he lifted his people above the flood and destruction first. I snatched this info below off another site, should give you some fuel for further study, God bless...

According to the Bible, Jesus will one day come down out of heaven and then He will "snatch up" all Christians (living and dead) off of the earth to meet Him in the clouds. This "snatching up" of Christians is often referred to as "the Rapture of the Church." Here are two of the main passages which describe the Rapture:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:50-53)

The Greek word harpazo means "to seize ... catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force)" (Strong's Greek Dictionary), and it is translated as "caught up" in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-06-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:04 PM

(Bold my emphasis)

"Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:" Galatians 1:4

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us,] who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Cor. 5:20-21

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." Philippians 3:20-21

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;..." Titus 2:13

I view the Holy Bible from a dispensational(a good biblical word) viewpoint. As such, I am not looking for the antichrist, the Temple being rebuilt, ...... I am looking for the rapture, I am to "look for the Saviour", His "glorious appearing", to be "taken out from", "delivered" "...from this present evil world..."(Galatians 1:4). Notice that Paul is speaking to those already saved here in Galatians 1. Thus, the "deliverance" here is not salvation from spiritual death, i.e., the penalty of sin(which, in its basic meaning, simply means 'deliverance from a danger'), for that is a "done deal"- it is referencing the rapture, our deliverance from the presence of sin, i.e., our glorification:

"When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Col. 3:4

Ambassadors represent their Commander In-Chief in a foreign country. We are these ambassadors, the earth being "hostile/enemy territory"("present evil world"), our citizenship being heaven, i.e, "this present evil world" is hostile territory for those "in Christ", His "ambassadors" representing Him in a foreign land. When war breaks out, when "hostilities come to a final boiling point"("The Great Tribulation"), who are the first people to be "removed" from enemy territory? The ambassadors, the "dignataries"-we will be removed, "raptured' to our "real" home-heaven.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

Last edited by JMWHALEN; 11-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
The Antichrist will be a Jew, and will come from Syria. He'll probably assume the Papacy, or at least take complete control of the Catholic Church, thus uniting in himself all three "great religions:" a Jew, a native of Muslim Syria, and a "Christian."

I think his election might very well be part of the process of smoothing the path for the Antichrist. It's clear from Scripture that, in the very end times (like the Tribulation), the real centers of power will be Europe and the Middle East. (The "kings of the east" play a part, too: and China is now coming on strong.) By then, America must be a third or fourth-rate power, and Obama is just the man to get us there with his "international" outlook and his weakness on defense.

A man like Reagan, or maybe even McCain, wouldn't hand over all our sovereignty to the UN or the European Union. But Obama might do just that.

Was Syria considered a part of Persia in Daniel's day?

Peace and Love,
Stephen