General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 PM

Default SwordSearcher

I have had the opportunity to use my new Bible study tool..."SwordSearcher," and I highly recommend it if you do not already have it. Many tools, can be customized, library, maps, dictionaries, easy to use...check it out.

http://www.swordsearcher.com/
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 AM

The latest SS newsletter pointed to some instructional videos.

This is THE bomb! If you get tired of looking up verses from references on external links, this is amazing! What a time saver. I've had SS for two years now, and am just learning this. I had no idea, but found the key!
If you get tired of jugglingbetween your computer and your Bible, this is the answer.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Yes, the tutorials Brandon is now providing are excellent and show features of SwordSearcher that I was unaware of. For those who may not fully understand what Debau is saying, here's my explanation.

When you read a document or essay online that contains many scripture references within the document, SwordSearcher gives you the ability to copy and paste the entire document into a "scan text for verse references" box which will highlight every verse within the document. You can then simply place your mouse pointer over the highlighted verse and it appears, KJB of course.

Debau is right, this is a real time savor. Personally, I usually do not take the time to look the verses up when reading a "blog" or "web page." This feature will even work on an "email" with scripture references in it. Very feature!

Way to go Brandon!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
This is THE bomb! If you get tired of looking up verses from references on external links, this is amazing! What a time saver. I've had SS for two years now, and am just learning this. I had no idea, but found the key!
If you get tired of jugglingbetween your computer and your Bible, this is the answer.
Thanks for bringing this update to my attention. I just downloaded and updated the main program files.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanks for all the kind comments here, guys.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 AM

Default Portable SS

I saw an ad for a bible software on Blackberry. Is Swordsearcher able to be downloaded on a portable hand device?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
I saw an ad for a bible software on Blackberry. Is Swordsearcher able to be downloaded on a portable hand device?
No, SwordSearcher is only for Windows (desktop versions).