Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:29 PM
wwjd.usa

By the way, How do you all like my picture?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
What about if a person lays in a comma (without conscience) for a month? Would you say that the person sins while his soul is out of his flesh?
So therefore, this task is not impossible.
Thats a strange argument my friend, that means to NOT sin we would have to be in a coma, so if you wished to NOT sin you would have to place yourself in a coma, and how would you do that? any way that you would try to put yourself IN a coma would be a serious sin against the stewardship of your body, and could even result in death. What about coma patients who are unsaved, are they made righteous through doing no sin, I don't think so. Just because a person appears to be "away" from the outside world does not mean that there is not ANY thought in that persons head.

Friend, I urge you, I pray for you that your eyes are opened, you cannot, and will not live a sinless life, until you are raised incorruptible. Until then you are like the rest of us, sinners saved by grace through faith striving toward perfection of our Blessed Saviour the LORD Jesus Christ.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
"The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
I believe that unforgiven sin would result in Hell if we die. Therefore, if we commit a sin, immediately, we need ask God for forgiveness. The longer we wait, the more chances there are that we would die.

This is saying that Christ's works on the cross isn't enought to keep us saved, and we must do it by living righteously. When you become a part of God's family, you're there forever. He's not going to send you to Hell because you die with unconfessed sin. When He washed you in the blood, He washed you forever my brother. Jesus said that he that is cleansed need only to wash his feet, implying that we are still clean, save our feet. Bottom line: You cannoy lose your salvation by anything you do or do not do, or anyway at all! Salvation is eternal.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
READ THE VERSE WITH UNDERSTANDING:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; [WHY?] for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God" (1 John 3:9).

Yes, "positionally" (in Christ) I no longer sin. Not "experientially" or operationally, but positionally. I no longer sin because His seed remains in me, no because I live a holy, disciplined, committed, or sinless lifestyle.
I haven't posted on this forum in a while, but when I read this post, I just had to reply with a hearty AMEN! I didn't quote the entire post due to the length. I especially liked the very last comment (which is why I quoted it). It is the best explanation of 1 John 3:9 that I've read in a long time. Nobody can live a Christian life...it is Christ alone Who lives that life through us (Gal. 2:20)...as we yield to the Holy Spirit.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)

There was one comment in your post which I didn't understand. It was the comment about "unbelief and rejection of Christ" being a sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
It is specifically the sin of unbelief and the rejection of Jesus Christ that condemns a person. But the penalty of sin and all its condemnation is vanquished by the redemptive work of Christ. “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18). He has made a way of escape once—for all who believe.
I've never heard this before. Would you please explain this further? I know that rejection of Christ will condemn a person to hell...that when a person goes to hell, he/she goes there with his/her sins already paid for. Would this mean that Christ died for unbelief and mankind's rejection of Him?

Last edited by LindaR; 10-02-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post

There was one comment in your post which I didn't understand. It was the comment about "unbelief and rejection of Christ" being a sin.

I've never heard this before. Would you please explain this further? I know that rejection of Christ will condemn a person to hell...that when a person goes to hell, he/she goes there with his/her sins already paid for. Would this mean that Christ died for unbelief and mankind's rejection of Him?
Hello Sister. This is one of those instances where I must be careful not to be so proud and emphatic about my view that I end up creating my own doctrine. So please know my tone, humble and gentle hearted.

I make that statement in light of John 3. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

The condemnation to the eternal "second death" (Revelation 20) is already (now) upon the unbeliever. I think we can agree with that. It is clear to me that sins did not result in the present condemnation, but as I read the Scripture, it was specifically unbelief that brings a state of condemnation.

I think we also understand that: "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). The love of darkness and evil deeds do indeed blind people to the truth. I am asking, do you suppose that unbelief is an act of the will? Do you think "sins" are what bring condemnation or do you suppose the single "sin" of unbelief (after hearing the Word of Truth), is what brings condemnation?

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Ephesians 1:13).

So in my understanding, Linda, unbelief is a choice of the free will of man, and in light of Scripture, is the reason why mankind will be condemned to the second death.

"And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).
Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Hello Sister. This is one of those instances where I must be careful not to be so proud and emphatic about my view that I end up creating my own doctrine. So please know my tone, humble and gentle hearted.

I make that statement in light of John 3. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

The condemnation to the eternal "second death" (Revelation 20) is already (now) upon the unbeliever. I think we can agree with that. It is clear to me that sins did not result in the present condemnation, but as I read the Scripture, it was specifically unbelief that brings a state of condemnation.

I think we also understand that: "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). The love of darkness and evil deeds do indeed blind people to the truth. I am asking, do you suppose that unbelief is an act of the will? Do you think "sins" are what bring condemnation or do you suppose the single "sin" of unbelief (after hearing the Word of Truth), is what brings condemnation?

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Ephesians 1:13).

So in my understanding, Linda, unbelief is a choice of the free will of man, and in light of Scripture, is the reason why mankind will be condemned to the second death.

"And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).
I will concede that unbelief and rejection can be determined as "sin". If indeed it is "sin", then, as I've stated before, all sins were paid for on Calvary. That being said, Christ told some in Matthew 7 "I never knew you". It stands to reason that since all sins were paid for on Calvary, then what one truly goes to hell for is not knowing the Saviour or the Saviour not knowing them. One must have a relationship with Christ.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:23)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27)
Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
...as I've stated before, all sins were paid for on Calvary. That being said, Christ told some in Matthew 7 "I never knew you". It stands to reason that since all sins were paid for on Calvary, then what one truly goes to hell for is not knowing the Saviour or the Saviour not knowing them. One must have a relationship with Christ.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:23)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27)
I agree.

He is indeed the propitiation for our sins (all of them)...and not just ours, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2.)

Belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way humankind can be redeemed. I did not do anything to earn salvation, I certainly cannot do anything to maintain it.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:50 PM

Getting back to the thread topic...

We all agree that
all have sinned
and
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Allow me to go back to the original question, can one go an entire day without sinning?

That's a simple question. (Maybe there's a doctrinal implication intended by WWJD, yet nevertheless the question was simply put.)

To this question I will authoritatively answer, Yes, any child of God can go as long as he/she wants to without sinning.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
To this question I will authoritatively answer, Yes, any child of God can go as long as he/she wants to without sinning.
How?
I know I cannot get through a day when I haven't had the old man bring up some temptation in my head that I rebuke, I wrestle with sin every day of my life but I don't give in, the thought is still there, I mean I am a young, unmarried man, I still have some thoughts in my head that shouldn't be there but I still get them, im only human that's my flaw. At the end of that day I fall on my knees and ask for forgiveness of my sins with the only advocate that can take care of that, Christ Almighty.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM

pbiwolski

I thought his original question was: "What do you all think about this topic?" Regarding the verse: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

WWJD commented, "I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God."

pbiwolski, you said, "Allow me to go back to the original question, can one go an entire day without sinning? That's a simple question. (Maybe there's a doctrinal implication intended by WWJD, yet nevertheless the question was simply put.)"

It is indeed a simple question, (can one go an entire day without sinning?) but I do not see it in his original thread.

Again, WWJD asked: "What do you all think about this topic?" Regarding, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I used a lot of doctrine in a lengthy post to answer his question.