General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 PM

Default Returning to the KJV

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and new to the KJV debate.

I grew up reading the KJV but was seduced by the so-called easier versions. This resulted in a dangerous loss of faith and far less security in my relationship with God. I never understood this until just a few days ago.

Praise God, He doesn't leave us even when we fail. He was constantly at work drawing me back to His word. Even in the short time since I have returned to the KJV I have noticed the difference in my walk with God. My faith is being strengthened and my mind is being renewed, something that has been lacking for a long time.

God bless you,

Jacqui
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Praise God! What an encouraging testimony. Thanks for sharing this with us. It is so amazing to me how patient and merciful God is with us, even though we are so prone to wander from him.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411 View Post
Hi everyone,

I grew up reading the KJV but was seduced by the so-called easier versions. This resulted in a dangerous loss of faith and far less security in my relationship with God. I never understood this until just a few days ago.

Praise God, He doesn't leave us even when we fail. He was constantly at work drawing me back to His word. Even in the short time since I have returned to the KJV I have noticed the difference in my walk with God. My faith is being strengthened and my mind is being renewed, something that has been lacking for a long time.

God bless you,

Jacqui
Amen to that sister, and welcome
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Praise God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! It is wonderful to hear testimonies like yours! Welcome to the forum my sister in Christ! Your testimony reminds how the LORD has being there for me even after I failed so many times. The Lord God is full of mercy and patience and he doesn't leave us even when we fail, Amen!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM

Amen and Amen!

Its so great to hear this kind of testimony, thanks for sharing it here!
That pure, preserved word of God will never let us down, nor run out of blessings to impart.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 AM

Welcome, Jacqui.
What prompted you to return to the KJB?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411 View Post
Hi everyone,

God bless you,

Jacqui
Thank you for sharing that. It makes me think of these verses.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
It's no accident that in the King James Bible we discover the living, powerful, and preserved word of God that exalts and glorifies Jesus Christ...the incarnate Word!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Ephesians 6 v12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, .........

Its always better to have a Sword than a butter knife.

That was an encouraging testimony.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Welcome, Jacqui.
What prompted you to return to the KJB?
Thank you all for your welcome and encouragement.

What prompted me to return to the KJV?

Just as it was a journey into error, it was a journey back. I have been pondering and wondering over the last few days as to how this happened. How could I have been so easily seduced but I think that just as there is an enemy seeking to deceive the children of God to believe that an infallible word is not possible and therefore near enough is good enough. There is an enemy actively at work, who seeks to deceive us individually also.

The return process had much to do with my husband who interestingly, grew up an athiest but found the Lord at 20 and has walked with Him faithfully since then. He never used the KJV but he did believe that it was the most accurate translation, however for ease of use and through people's "guidance" he settled on the NKJV.

We would often discuss the merit of one version over the other, graciously coming to the consensus that this one had one merit, this another. Both of us believing that the Word of God was from God but only recognizing it in the original Scriptures.

After one such debate over Scripture my husband became convinced that The Message was an evil work. He encouraged me to research for myself and when I did, I found the constant new age references and the many changes that I had overlooked as it was a paraphrase, to be subtle influences of the occult, particularly the term "as above, so below".

This frightened me. I became disturbed that I had not seen this for myself, although not having been accustomed to the occult or its terms, I had no way of knowing that these terms had anything but the innocent understanding that I had credited them with.

We had previously thrown out all our NIV Bibles as just in normal Bible reading we had found differences that were offensive when compared with the King James. So we threw out The Message also. This prompted me to start to question the validity of translations and I began to research where the Scriptures in English had come from.

Finding much information regarding William Tyndale and his work, and recognizing the costs that were paid by men like him so that we could get this final translation, there became a realisation in both my husband and I that for this Word, the blood of martyrs was shed and that William Tyndale's own prayer was answered in his dying breath that the King of England's eyes would be opened. Thus procuring the way for the Great Bible and ultimately the King James.

Thus the King James was given new importance in our eyes, yet still we did not see it for what it was. However this was the stepping stone and it was not long before our researching began to show websites, such as this one where the differences between even the NKJV and the KJV were shown. This shocked us as we had never seen this.

In the process of studying about the NKJV I came across a site, (it may well have been this one), that spoke of the necessity of understanding that the KJV was the infallible Word of God. This shook me to my core. I believed that the Bible was the infallible Word of God and I remembered years earlier, before I weighed in on this whole reasoned thinking, believing that the Bible that I held my hand was the Word of God, yet in recent years my belief had moved to only the original Scriptures being the Word of God.

As I prayed and studied this though, it became apparent to me that if God had provided His Word in the first place, then He was capable of providing a God inspired translation that would still be available in the world today. It became clear to me that English was the logical medium as it is the most spoken language and has been for many years.

However the crunch came when my husband came to me almost in tears as he was pondering the changes that we had seen, his words to me, changed my heart. "If I were these men, I would be afraid to change even one word of the Scripture without an assurance that it was God's will." Somehow those words broke through all the debate. I remembered things that I had learnt about Jewish scholars counting words and letters to ensure that their translations were accurate and the reality of the lie that I had swallowed became clear.

Finally, the Word of God itself reminded me that God is not a man, that He should lie, More specifically: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. I came to the conclusion that either God gave us the Bible or He didn't. If He did, then there can be no error in it. If there is error in it, (I refer to error in the words, not typos) then it cannot be from God.

It is evident that not one version of the Bible is the same. So then one must decide, which version is truth, if there be one. It doesn't take long to realise that like the true church, hidden in the false. The true Word of God will be the one most persecuted, not accepted and promoted.

Thus it was a choice we made. We threw out all of our other Bibles and have ordered King James Bibles for all of us, including our 5 kids. We rejoice in the fact that we are not buying the Word of God as there is no copyright, but just paying the workman for his labour of printing and binding it for us.

Finally, the most important thing. Once the change came in my decision, the change came in my heart. The love of God's Word, which for years had been diminishing, returned with a vibrant call. My husband and I are amazed at the many things that we have seen and the greater understanding, since reading only KJV. I have found much more information to confirm our decision, you guys would know that. The info is out there, you just have to look. But in the end, you have to believe what kind of God you serve. One who is unable to preserve His Word or not?

If not, then He is not the God of the Bible. He is not who He says He is and should not be served. Praise God that we do serve the Living God that has saved us through His Son and continues to cleanse us through His Word.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 PM

A wonderful testimony, Jacqui. May God's Grace be with you, your husband, and your children, as you dig deeper into God's Perfect Word.