Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2008, 09:33 AM
William P

Default Can one loose there salvation?

Some people here seem to think you can loose your salvation.
We know the verses that says that salvation is eternal, eternal life, shall never perish, ect, but here are some more verses that teach it as well.

John 20:27 My (Jesus) sheep hear my voice, and I KNOW THEM, and they follow me:
We know that saved people are his sheep and Jesus knows them.

Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Some people use these scriptures to prove you can loose salvation but look closley, these people here Jesus profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: so these people could not have been saved to begin with or that would make Jesus a liar for saying that he did once know them John 20:27.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, What day?
Just who are these people that Jesus is referring to?

Rev 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The people Jesus NEVER knew are the ones in front of him at the great white throne judgement. If there are people there that was once saved and then going to the lake of fire that would make Jesus a liar for saying I NEVER KNEW YOU when in fact he did once KNOW THEM