Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM

Default Sure you're not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Fredoheaven

That's funny. Have I ever called either one of you a name as I have been called? And what is this last post? Are you implying that I am Satan?

That's OK, I am not offended, because I know when a person realizes they are losing an argument, they will often deflect by attacking the person making the successful argument.

And I am argumentive? Then so are you. It takes two to argue.

I do not like to argue with you or any other person. But if I feel someone is introducing false teachings, I will speak out against it. And I would hope that if I err someone would correct me. I have presented numerous scriptures to support my view, if you see fault with these scriptures or the way I have presented them to make my argument, then show me where I am wrong. Show me how I am reading or understanding these scriptures wrong.

Sure you're not. I hope this end the meeting. Sorry you ought to forgive me if i made some mistakes or erred in one way or another and as I said, I just close my eyes but not my heart... God bless... I guess that's all, bye.

Jude 25
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:

Sure you're not. I hope this end the meeting. Sorry you ought to forgive me if i made some mistakes or erred in one way or another and as I said, I just close my eyes but not my heart... God bless... I guess that's all, bye.
Well, I disagree. You probably have the wrong impression of me. I like both you and Chette very much. We all trust in Jesus Christ as our Saviour, and that makes us brothers. Now that said, if I believe you or someone else to err, I will speak up. And I have been corrected here myself. And that's good, I want to understand God's Word as God intended, not my own private interpretation. I hate being wrong as much as anybody, maybe more. But when it comes to God, I fear. I pray every night, and one thing I always pray is that I never misrepresent God's Word, or that I have the wrong motives in my heart. God's Word means everything to me. It was God's Word that showed me I was a terrible sinner. It was God's Word that showed me Jesus loved me even though I am ungodly, and that he died on the cross, taking my sins upon himself. It is God's Word that taught me if I open my heart and receive Jesus, that he freely gave me eternal life though I in no way deserved it. God's Word is serious business, it is the difference between spending eternity with the Lord, or spending eternity in torment. So I fear. And I do not ever want to misrepresent God's Word or lead someone else astray.

We have spoken enough on this subject, although I am sure it will come up again. Don't worry that we've squabbled over this, I have two brothers, we used to fight like cats and dogs when we were young boys. But I tell ya, we love each other and have been the very best of friends all our lives. Brothers fight sometimes, that's what brothers do, but that doesn't mean they don't love each other.

You may not believe this, but I in no way have meant to offend you or Chette. I still absolutely disagree with both of you about this theory, but I have not meant to offend you. I have tried to show why I think the scriptures disagree and contradict this theory, that's all.

Talk to you later.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
CKG
At the time Eze 28 and Isa 14 were written, neither the king of Tyrus nor the king of Babylon were either dead or cast down from their positions. I am not a historian, but I believe the king of Babylon had not even arisen yet when this prophesy was written of him. So both of these are prophesies of future events to come, not something past. And if you read carefully you will see they cannot support the gap theory either.
Actually my post was not intended to be a statement about the gap. They were just some thoughts that came to mind and I decided to post them, not checking to see that someone else had pretty much already posted these same points. Personally I don't see how anyone can say Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14 is not talking about Satan regardless of whether or not there are any gap implications.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:52 PM

well name calling can be a subtle as saying a person is a heretic or false teacher or even implying they are.

winman fails to discern certain aspects are not false teaching i.e. a Biblical Gap is not false but he likes to say it is and as he feels such he will argue to the end and insinuate you are a false teacher or a heretic.

CKG, I agree with your gap statement of Isa14 and Ezk 28. but winman fails to see it.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM

Chette

I am not going to keep going with you on this subject, it is more than enough.

But when I say false teaching, one of us must be guilty of false teaching. If the gap is true, then I am guilty of false teaching. If the the gap is false, then you are guilty of false teaching. We cannot have opposing views and both be correct.

When two people disagree, there are only 3 possibilities.

Person 1 is correct and person 2 is incorrect
Person 2 is correct and person 1 is incorrect
Both person 1 and person 2 are incorrect

But two people cannot have opposing views and both be correct
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
well name calling can be a subtle as saying a person is a heretic or false teacher or even implying they are.

winman fails to discern certain aspects are not false teaching i.e. a Biblical Gap is not false but he likes to say it is and as he feels such he will argue to the end and insinuate you are a false teacher or a heretic.
The way I see it, Winman just did everything he could to close this with a little class and an expression of love, (post 112) and yet here you are again with your quips. I for one am getting SICK of your argumentative spirit over there in the Phillipines brother. PLEASE LET IT GO. And let's please stop obsessing over that gap theory, it never amounts to anything but endless debate.

"Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers." 2 Tim 2:14

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-24-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 AM

say what you may broP but Winman had left me no choice but to answer as throughout his posts he accused me of false teaching, unable to teach others, a heretic and numerous other insinuations so answering them was to put to silence his false accusation.

I am not being argumentative but defensive. of which you have mistaken as endless debate and a argumentative spirit (sounds like a pentecostal approach). best for you just to stay OUT OF IT and go back to Susan Boyle's GOT TALENT!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Bro. Parrish

Please don't tell me where to post, Chette.
I'm sure you would like to, but that kind of attitude won't fly here and it only further erodes your online character.

Again, Winman clearly tried to close this with a thoughtful expression of brotherly love for you, (post 112) and clubbing each other with hurtful comments is not going to solve anything, so just let it go.

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. -- Eph. 4:32
Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 PM

sure he tried to close it with insinuations and false claims. An it has been dropped before you made your post. But you need to keep you "emotioncons" under control and learn your place no matter what your age.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Bro. Parrish

Again I will remind you brother...

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. -- Eph. 4:32

I suggest you abandon this path---it's not edifying for anyone, why not come over and assist Tandi with some of her questions on the Book of Hebrews:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-26-2009 at 09:44 PM.