General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 PM

Default Hello

Hi. I joined this board a day or two ago. I seldom get things in the right order; I have posted on some threads without introducing myself properly. I greatly appreciate being on this board as I have never before found a church or forum that has this level of profound respect for the Word of God. Perhaps I haven't looked hard enough before.

I didn't grow up in the church, I am mostly self-taught (a great deal from my husband and a lot directly from God's Word) and I tend to be very opinionated and don't like let go of an issue until I feel satisfied that I have the answer.

We don't attend any church. We've tried in the past but we have trouble listening to sermons that are either not KJVO, or are Calvinistic, or deny eternal security, or stress water baptism, or are not premillenial , or have women pastors, you get the idea.

As you might imagine, our walk with the Lord is not thriving as it should as a result of having little or no fellowship for 15 years or so. We have lots of doctrinal knowledge, impeccable understanding of biblical prophecy and a deep thirst for the truth of God's Word. We've tried many churches from Oregon to California to Ohio, where we presently live, but have never found one that we like or that likes us. We would love to hear of any churches in Columbus, OH that might be a good fit.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Jennifer
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 AM

Welcome Sister

You will find that this board is filled with loving God fearing Bible believing born again Christians. There are some posts from bible deniers / critics / scorners and general "trouble makers", I would urge you to "pay no heed" to their guile.
For the most part this forum is to exalt the name of The Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy written word (which we just so happen to BELIEVE he has preserved in the KJB) and edify his body. We don't all agree on everything, but for the most part we are all of "one mind" on the MAJOR doctrines, and there will of course be disagreements occasionally, but by the Grace of God they all get worked out in the end, being reconciled or agreeing to disagree with no loss of fellowship.
I personally am what people would refer to as a "moderate dispensationalist"
and I have found many like minded Brothers and Sisters on this forum who are of the same mind and I would urge that you pay attention to what they teach.
I am a simple man, now let me explain what I mean by this as I was jumped on by another forum for stating that I was "simple"
I used to be full of pride, arrogance, worldliness, covetous, cares of this world and lusts of this world, but by the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, my conversation changed, I became (over time) more patient (still working on that one ) settled, stablished, rooted in his word, humble, meek, and most of all resting in Jesus.
Now these are the simple things to me, the "simplicity that is in Christ" not as carnal christians class simple (stupid). May this forum bring you blessing and edification through the magnifying of the Lords Holy written word.

2 Corinthians 1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Hi. I joined this board a day or two ago. I seldom get things in the right order; I have posted on some threads without introducing myself properly. I greatly appreciate being on this board as I have never before found a church or forum that has this level of profound respect for the Word of God. Perhaps I haven't looked hard enough before.

I didn't grow up in the church, I am mostly self-taught (a great deal from my husband and a lot directly from God's Word) and I tend to be very opinionated and don't like let go of an issue until I feel satisfied that I have the answer.

We don't attend any church. We've tried in the past but we have trouble listening to sermons that are either not KJVO, or are Calvinistic, or deny eternal security, or stress water baptism, or are not premillenial , or have women pastors, you get the idea.

As you might imagine, our walk with the Lord is not thriving as it should as a result of having little or no fellowship for 15 years or so. We have lots of doctrinal knowledge, impeccable understanding of biblical prophecy and a deep thirst for the truth of God's Word. We've tried many churches from Oregon to California to Ohio, where we presently live, but have never found one that we like or that likes us. We would love to hear of any churches in Columbus, OH that might be a good fit.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Jennifer
Jennifer, I am Tony, one of the other dry cleaners in the forum. I'm over here just 14 miles west of Springfield and about 19 north and slightly east of Dayton. In looking for a good grace-based, dispensationalist, fundamentalist church, try and avoid the Stamite/Bereans if you can, unless they have renounced Cornelius Stam's hyper-Calvinism and his multiversion bible authority. There is a small grace dispensationalist church in town here, about 60 miles west of you. You are in the same area as John Hinton, a very strong and powerful defender of the KJV.

Information@graceimpact.org.

Send an email to the address above or email me off the forum and I can give you their phone number. This is Pastor Richard Jordan's church and ministry. Jordan was president of the Berean Bible Society in the mid 80s for a short time, Stam fired him because of Jordan's insistence on the KJV as the sole Bible for the Bereans. They will be able to give you a list of grace churches in your area. www.graceimpact.org has a lot of information you will find of a fruitful nature.

I have no problem attending an IFB church but I'm usually denied membership due to my convictions on water baptism and the "great commission". I believe our first responsibility is to our community, and only then worry about Kazakstan or Cambodia. If you compromise on one conviction, comprising the second and third and fourth and fifth is not that hard.

Grace and peace to you and welcome to the forum.

Tony
Old 05-19-2009, 04:06 AM

Welcome to the forums Greenbear, I hope your walk with God is blessed through your participation here. I pray you never give up completely on finding a suitable local church, this side of the rapture!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Tony,
Howdy, neighbor! We are definitely checking out your information on Pastor Richard Jordan's church and ministry. We really want to thank you for responding. What a blessing you are.

I couldn't care less if someone calls me a hyperdrycleaningdispensationalist or any other name. I care nothing for tradition. I'm sensitive and can get hurt feelings from personal affronts or attacks but I don't get upset by insults about what I believe scripture teaches. If I didn't believe a position I take I wouldn't take it. If someone's argument from scripture proves me wrong, and I can see it, I will change my mind and admit it. Although I like to be right just as much as the next person, I pray the Lord will show me when I err. I feel bad when brothers and sisters in Christ resort to methods of debate that even those who only possess worldly wisdom reject, namely ad hominem attacks. It reveals the "attacker's" insecurity about the position they hold.

May you rest in his grace and peace,

Jennifer
Old 05-19-2009, 04:41 PM

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the forum! I hope that God will lead you and your husband to a good Bible believing ministry. Good churches are getting harder to find. Take care.
Tim
Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Welcome Sister

You will find that this board is filled with loving God fearing Bible believing born again Christians. There are some posts from bible deniers / critics / scorners and general "trouble makers", I would urge you to "pay no heed" to their guile.
For the most part this forum is to exalt the name of The Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy written word (which we just so happen to BELIEVE he has preserved in the KJB) and edify his body. We don't all agree on everything, but for the most part we are all of "one mind" on the MAJOR doctrines, and there will of course be disagreements occasionally, but by the Grace of God they all get worked out in the end, being reconciled or agreeing to disagree with no loss of fellowship.
I personally am what people would refer to as a "moderate dispensationalist"
and I have found many like minded Brothers and Sisters on this forum who are of the same mind and I would urge that you pay attention to what they teach.
I am a simple man, now let me explain what I mean by this as I was jumped on by another forum for stating that I was "simple"
I used to be full of pride, arrogance, worldliness, covetous, cares of this world and lusts of this world, but by the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, my conversation changed, I became (over time) more patient (still working on that one ) settled, stablished, rooted in his word, humble, meek, and most of all resting in Jesus.
Now these are the simple things to me, the "simplicity that is in Christ" not as carnal christians class simple (stupid). May this forum bring you blessing and edification through the magnifying of the Lords Holy written word.

2 Corinthians 1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
peopleoftheway,

Thank you so much for your welcome and the godly wisdom you shared. My lack of an earlier response to your post was nothing more than being mildly scatter-brained. I thought I had already responded! LOL

As you have suggested it would be, I have indeed found this board to be edifying and a blessing.

I'm not too concerned about the members of the board not agreeing on everything. We are only looking through the glass darkly and hopefully we are reflecting the light on each other that the Lord has shined on each of us. Of course, there is only one correct answer to every question but I'm not sure any one of us has every single answer to every single question. I could be wrong about that, there may be people on this earth that are so submitted to the lord that their understanding of God's Word seems perfect compared to my own.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Welcome to the forums Greenbear, I hope your walk with God is blessed through your participation here. I pray you never give up completely on finding a suitable local church, this side of the rapture!
Thank you Kiwi Christian. I feel welcomed and God is already blessing me through my participation here. I feel that we may have some reason to be optimistic on the local church front. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Jennifer, welcome to the forum! I hope that God will lead you and your husband to a good Bible believing ministry. Good churches are getting harder to find. Take care.
Tim
Thank you for the welcome! I believe the Lord led us to this wonderful board so I have complete confidence He is also leading us to "face-to-face" fellowship. I vaguely remember praying several weeks ago as I was falling asleep that He would provide Christian fellowship for us. He is so faithful and loving.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Tony,
Howdy, neighbor! We are definitely checking out your information on Pastor Richard Jordan's church and ministry. We really want to thank you for responding. What a blessing you are.

I couldn't care less if someone calls me a hyperdrycleaningdispensationalist or any other name. I care nothing for tradition. I'm sensitive and can get hurt feelings from personal affronts or attacks but I don't get upset by insults about what I believe scripture teaches. If I didn't believe a position I take I wouldn't take it. If someone's argument from scripture proves me wrong, and I can see it, I will change my mind and admit it. Although I like to be right just as much as the next person, I pray the Lord will show me when I err. I feel bad when brothers and sisters in Christ resort to methods of debate that even those who only possess worldly wisdom reject, namely ad hominem attacks. It reveals the "attacker's" insecurity about the position they hold.

May you rest in his grace and peace,

Jennifer
Perhaps sometime in the near future when I am not vehicularly challenged we'll get together.

If you feel comfortable in a grace church environment, I'm sure Richard can recommend something in your area.

Sister, I don't debate much anymore. I give the Scripture and let a Christian make their own mind up. Dr. Ruckman likes to call us dry cleaners "church splitters". I wish he had taken more of a stand on the Spanish NT issue back in the 80s, that split a lot of churches. I'm no repector of denominations: If a Baptist church is held together only by water baptism, if a grace church is held together only by dispensationalism, if a pentecostal/charasmatic church is held together only by tongues, they need to be split. The Holy Spirit is what holds churches together.

Grace and peace sister, let me know what you hear from Richard

Tony