Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Praise the Lord! How exciting. This is something we Conservative Mennonite are very strict about. Some people have claimed we are legalistic because of our stance on divorce and remarriage, but our stance is that of strict adherence to what the Word of God says. Sometimes this isn't easy to hear/read, but it is good. It isn't always easy to hear the truth about remarriage/adultery, especially when there are children involved. However, God's will is good, and we can always find peace in obedience to His Word. It may not happen right away, and sometimes seems contrary to what we think is right, but experience shows us that when we do obey His commandments/Word we will find peace. I'm am so happy that your marriage is working again. Praise King Jesus!
It never occurred to me, as a baby Christian, that I could ignore what the Bible taught about marriage, that I could just do what I wanted to do, anyway.

I believe the Lord had really laid it upon my heart that I needed to obey Him. I finally did submit, after much inward struggle; I think that has made a difference in my growth, because I learned to submit right off the bat.

If I'd not submitted, but had done what I wanted to do, my husband would probably be unsaved still, or dead in Hell.

God is good, and full of mercy, and longsuffering...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Steve Schwenke

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Brother George, I just wanted to say that, as a brand-spankin' new Christian, I started listening to TSA (Theological Seminar of the Air) in an effort to see what God thought of divorce, after having already read in the Bible the 'traditional' passages about adultery and abandonment.

Bro. Ruckman's work wasn't easy to swallow (I had been saved less than a month before!), but it made me realize that divorce was not an option in my life, and I submitted to God's will and reconciled with my spouse. Within a year, he got saved as well.

I think if someone is truly hungry for the truth, they will not let a few snarky comments keep them from learning.
Here Am I, what a great blessing to know that your marriage is safe! Praise the Lord!

And to think that after seeking Dr. Ruckman's teaching on the subject, you stayed married! Where are all those naysayers who reject Dr. Ruckman for his position on Marriage, divorce and remarriage anyway
Old 10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Steve Schwenke

Quote:
It never occurred to me, as a baby Christian, that I could ignore what the Bible taught about marriage, that I could just do what I wanted to do, anyway.

I believe the Lord had really laid it upon my heart that I needed to obey Him. I finally did submit, after much inward struggle; I think that has made a difference in my growth, because I learned to submit right off the bat.

If I'd not submitted, but had done what I wanted to do, my husband would probably be unsaved still, or dead in Hell.

God is good, and full of mercy, and longsuffering...
Praise the Lord! What a great testimony! Thank you for sharing with us - I really appreciate it!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Peter S. Ruckman's work

Quote:
Brother George, I just wanted to say that, as a brand-spankin' new Christian, I started listening to TSA (Theological Seminar of the Air) in an effort to see what God thought of divorce, after having already read in the Bible the 'traditional' passages about adultery and abandonment.

Bro. Ruckman's work wasn't easy to swallow (I had been saved less than a month before!), but it made me realize that divorce was not an option in my life, and I submitted to God's will and reconciled with my spouse. Within a year, he got saved as well.

I think if someone is truly hungry for the truth, they will not let a few snarky comments keep them from learning.

Aloha Here Am I,

It was a real blessing for me also to hear your testimony. My wife and I have been married for 47 years and I can truthfully say that in all of those years I never once have considered "divorce" as an "acceptable alternative" to what God has commanded.

On the other hand, my wife has made it real easy for me to love and cherish her - in that, as my wife, she has come the closest to being "the perfect wife" {Proverbs 31: 10-31} of any woman (saved or lost) I have ever seen or met.

Praise God for your husband's salvation - It's too bad more Christian women don't take the word of God seriously enough to obey it, as you have:
Quote:
1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won bythe conversation of the wives;
2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
May God bless you and your husband as abundantly as He has blessed my wife and I for all of these years.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:49 PM

Thank you, Brother George.

My dh and I have just celebrated our 28th anniversary. I am blessed.

And, yes, I read Proverb 31 at least once a month, and think upon myself, and try to emulate that lady. Without the Lord's help, there's no way I could even contemplate trying to be like her...