Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
However youare going to find he is crude and sometimes offensive. sometimes he is really humorous.
Chette said that. It's true. Stephen, or anyone unfamiliar with the man, is probably going to find his writing style to be offensive. He doesn't go through big publishers, so editors don't edit the work to be more digestible. But sometimes his "offensiveness" results in a few laughs, especially when it comes to James White and his correspondence.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Dr Ruckman may have a few flaws, he may seem harsh at times (I don't know I haven't followed any of his teachings or writings, but I do know from "snippets" that he stands for Gods Words more than most!) The man is not perfect, no one is perfect, to say you are makes you a liar according to Gods word, the only perfect man was Crucified on a Cross for our imperfections!
At least the brethren on this forum are following a pattern of the same beliefs rather than dabbling with the teaching of men who are contrary to each other and bible versions of the same stable.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

You Sir, are out to cause division, if you weren't you would have simply looked at the posts on this site, determined where we all stood and moved along. If this were a Church, would you burst in the doors and start telling us we are all wrong and those whom we seek instruction of are all wrong? no, of course you wouldn't, so behave in the same manner.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Dr Ruckman will stand before Christ, You will stand before Christ, I will stand before Christ, Ray comfort and Kirk Cameron will stand before Christ, we will ALL stand before Christ
I have no intention of judging whether you are saved or not, the intent of your heart and every other man on this earths heart, for only the LORD Jesus Christ can look into a mans heart, but I can determine a mans intentions from his words and there was absolutely no need for you to join this forum and post when you are so clearly in disagreement with us all.

1Timothy*1:5-11
¶ Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Nothing you have written on this forum has edified me, in fact what you write only serves to hurt me spiritually. I write these things not in anger or with lack of Love, but with a pure heart to contend for the faith! That Faith in which I am saved by The Grace of God, not what I have done, but what Christ has done for me! That wonderful "free gift" of Christ's righteousness imputed to me, that no man can boast he worked his way to heaven!

Back to the subject matter in hand though, At least Peter Ruckman stands for something and sticks to it, be he offensive with the delivery or not he stands for it, and from what I read in my short study of Dr Ruckman he is standing on and for Gods preserved word in the english language the KJB.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:39 PM

Peopleoftheway,

You my friend have made one of the best post I have seen on this forum in a very long time my friend. Your wisdom is impeccable and utterly flawless.

Atlas
Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Chette said that. It's true. Stephen, or anyone unfamiliar with the man, is probably going to find his writing style to be offensive. He doesn't go through big publishers, so editors don't edit the work to be more digestible. But sometimes his "offensiveness" results in a few laughs, especially when it comes to James White and his correspondence.
Aloha brother Luke,

I agree with brother Chette, and I don't recommend brother Ruckman's books, tapes, etc. to a new born babe in Christ. But brother Ruckman's "crude" and "offensive" language can even be used by God! - as witness the Apostle Paul and the Lord Jesus Christ. The trouble is not so much with brother Ruckman's speech, it's our Humanistic "Politically Correct" culture and society.

2 Corinthians 11:6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

1 Timothy 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness .
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.

Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Why imagine! The Apostle Paul naming names; criticizing the brethren; warning; admonishing; reproving; REBUKING! Imagine - the Apostle Paul agreeing with a Cretian "prophet" and daring to call the Cretians
"liars", "evil beasts", "slow bellies". Not very "caring" or "loving" of him was it?

I won't cite Peter, or James, or John (the Apostle of "Love") where they did the same. But how about the Lord Jesus Christ's "dressing down" the Pharisees?

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

You see, the problem is not so much brother Ruckman's speech - it's the "Political Correctness" that has "seeped" into the churches and throughout most of our society (mainly through the infiltration of Humanistic Psychiatry/Psychology). Most people in our society (and churches) no longer can abide "plain talk"! They want to be "stroked", "coddled", and have their ears "tickled". (They want to be treated like they treat their "spoiled" children)

They no longer want to hear the truth - they want all of us to be "nice" (like them); they want us to be "sweet") (like them); they want "unity" and "love" before truth, sound doctrine, and obedience. If they think that brother Ruckman is "offensive", wait until they get before a Holy and Sinless God!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:29 AM

People want their ears tickled. I personally have loved everything I've read written by brother Peter, and all the youtube videos I've seen of him teaching/preaching. He really gets me excited about the Word of God, so much so at times I start shouting AAAAMEN! at my computer at the wee hours of the night, lol. I still haven't read any of his books, but I've read some of his articles on kjv1611.org and loved those. Dr. Ruckman's knowledge is quite vast and extends beyond the great Word of God.

I also wanted to take a moment to put some things in perspective. I came from a church that taught in, what some might call a 'humanistic' way. We were taught that Christ wanted us to be one, and not fight amongst ourselves. The way some IFB churches rebuke/admonish/exhort others was never taught to be the distinguishing feature of a true Christian. We were taught that the world would know us by our love for eachother. Most IFB would say that it is love when one tells another the truth. Certainly this is valid, but it is also valid to say that charity in the form of hospitality, compassion, sacrifice etc... are also love. If all the world sees of us is our bickering back and forth, then I fear the wrong idea about us will spread. I'm not in any way trying to say we should try to cater to the views of the world. I'm just saying that perhaps we should fulfill the love that should be our greatest attribute in a more rounded (complete) manner. Ok, so I went down a rabbit trail here. Back to my point. My point is that when we conservative Bible Believing Christians meet a brother that comes from one of these churches that is lacking in the Biblical truth of rebuking/admonishing/exhortation, that we should guide them into this truth in a way that they will recieve. I remember being rebuked the first time about the NIV by a man named Dante. He was very compassionate with me on the subject. He even gave me some great Tabernacle Baptist Church tracts on the subject. But none-the-less, I still didn't want to hear it. But that's my point, there are some instances where it is very difficult to speak the truth in a way that won't sound chastising. Personally I don't know how to tell someone their bible is corrupt in a non-offensive way, so this would be one of those exceptions. But there are plenty of other examples that would lead one to restore a brother in truth, in a spirit of meekness (Galatians 6:1). I hope I'm being clear. I've met so many wonderful God fearing Christians that don't read the KJB, and aren't particularly strong in doctrine, that need someone to show them the truth in love, that is, with a genuine love for them, not just a love for the truth.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. (really I should just say, "1 John" lol)

EDIT: I just have to post this. This is one of my favorite passages of Scripture. And it fits the theme of this post.

John 17:1-26 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

I cry when I read that. Man, it's so hard not to love Jesus!

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 09-20-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 AM

I was reading one of Peter Ruckman's books and the funniest story he tell is of a women radio announcer who stumble on her words many time. I think it was something like "Netherlecks" when she was trying to say "Leathernecks" in discribing Marines. anytime I recall the story to my mind I stil laugh almost uncontrollably

Last edited by chette777; 09-20-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Luke,

I agree with brother Chette, and I don't recommend brother Ruckman's books, tapes, etc. to a new born babe in Christ.
Brother George, I just wanted to say that, as a brand-spankin' new Christian, I started listening to TSA (Theological Seminar of the Air) in an effort to see what God thought of divorce, after having already read in the Bible the 'traditional' passages about adultery and abandonment.

Bro. Ruckman's work wasn't easy to swallow (I had been saved less than a month before!), but it made me realize that divorce was not an option in my life, and I submitted to God's will and reconciled with my spouse. Within a year, he got saved as well.

I think if someone is truly hungry for the truth, they will not let a few snarky comments keep them from learning.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Peopleoftheway,

You my friend have made one of the best post I have seen on this forum in a very long time my friend. Your wisdom is impeccable and utterly flawless.

Atlas
I only just came across that reply today, Brother nothing what I write is of me, for all of me is Christ's and all Glory to God. I humble at what the LORD shows me in his written word, but I can assure you that what other brothers write on this forum is as edifying, we as believers have to contend, I spent too many years away from Gods word, away from fellowship with Christ, and boy you better believe I am going to make up for that by contending Until I get called home, or he comes for us!
Think on this Brother, when studying proverbs, I came across these particular 3 verses, and it just spoke volumes to me about "truth" and God's wisdom

Proverbs 2:3
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

God Bless for that comment, it was like one of those hidden treasures when I was worrying about what I write on these forums.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Brother George, I just wanted to say that, as a brand-spankin' new Christian, I started listening to TSA (Theological Seminar of the Air) in an effort to see what God thought of divorce, after having already read in the Bible the 'traditional' passages about adultery and abandonment.

Bro. Ruckman's work wasn't easy to swallow (I had been saved less than a month before!), but it made me realize that divorce was not an option in my life, and I submitted to God's will and reconciled with my spouse. Within a year, he got saved as well.

I think if someone is truly hungry for the truth, they will not let a few snarky comments keep them from learning.

Hey, that's great news that you reconciled and God used you to draw your spouse to Christ. Isn't that a wonderful testimony to how powerful the love of Christ is and how we truly can do "all things through him which stengtheneth us". Philippians 4:13
Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post

Praise the Lord! How exciting. This is something we Conservative Mennonite are very strict about. Some people have claimed we are legalistic because of our stance on divorce and remarriage, but our stance is that of strict adherence to what the Word of God says. Sometimes this isn't easy to hear/read, but it is good. It isn't always easy to hear the truth about remarriage/adultery, especially when there are children involved. However, God's will is good, and we can always find peace in obedience to His Word. It may not happen right away, and sometimes seems contrary to what we think is right, but experience shows us that when we do obey His commandments/Word we will find peace. I'm am so happy that your marriage is working again. Praise King Jesus!

Peace and Love,
Stephen