General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Default A couple of questions

Hi

Can anyone help me with a couple of questions?

Many of the KJB critics I have encountered have thrown the following statements at me concerning its validity.

The word "heaven" in Geness one is a mistake that should be rendered as "heavens" - How do I answer them?
Also, the different spelling of names Elias (NT) - Nebuchadrezzar (Jer) ect.

Also; Has anyone taken a look at this site:
www.christfirstministries.com/default.aspx

Some interesting stuff on it!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM

Hi Paul B, for the name Elias, I can refer you to the thread by Bible Protector "Glistering Truths".God bless you
Old 06-20-2009, 04:51 PM

Thanks also to the link you provided. Billy Graham called to preach the "love gospel". He also said he cannot judge others condemned to hell if they will not accept Christ or believe Him. Rev. Billy Graham a once Fundamentalist but now I don't know...
Old 06-20-2009, 09:18 PM

PaulB, that's a good site. Here's another one:

http://www.radioilluminati.com/
Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 AM

Default thanks

Thank you for all of you replies, links & suggestions they will prove most hepful. Concerning the site that I posted - Prof Walter Veith does quite a decent job defending the KJB in his lectures "battle of the Bibles" & "changing the word" parts 1-2 & 3.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
whirlwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Hi

Many of the KJB critics I have encountered have thrown the following statements at me concerning its validity.

The word "heaven" in Geness one is a mistake that should be rendered as "heavens" - How do I answer them?

Some teach that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. That was in the previous age. He destroyed that heaven and earth age because of the rebellion of Satan. Then, this present second age began....hence...heavens plural.

The difference in the spelling, I believe, is just the difference in Hebrew and Greek...example...Noah/Noe.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:19 PM

In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth

This is the original state.

In the restoration at the beginning of Eternity, John sees a new Heaven (not heavens) and a new Earth.

Heaven is the entire universe. In the beginning, Earth was in Heaven, and there was only one heaven.

Then, during the creation, God divides the heavens.

Genesis 1:6-10 describe the first Heaven.
Genesis 1:14-18 describe the second heaven
2 Cor 12:2 describes the third heaven

In between the 2nd and 3rd heaven is a wall. A wall of ice, thick, and dark. It is the "face of the deep". It is the dark glass that seperates us from God, so that we cannot see his glory. It is the darkness that hides God.

During the reconstruction, there will be no need for this dark glass, this wall of ice, this great deep, and there will be "No more sea". There will once again be only one heaven, and the earth in heaven, in the light of the glory of God, which will also light the entire universe.

Genesis 1:1 is correct in the KJB. Regardless of whether you believe what I said above, in light of Genesis 1:6-10, it is correct, because God does not divide heaven until then.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Hi

Paul, you never answer a "question" by a KJV "critic", you don't give them the initiative but deal with them from the Scriptures. They are using you merely for a whetrock hone their own "debating" skills and boost their flesh egos.

All KJV "critics" hold to the fantasy that "only the original manuscripts are inspired". I call them all Original Manuscipt Frauds.

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Since there is no such thing as an "uninspired" word of God, if only the "original manuscripts" are inspired, then should this verse not read:

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the original manuscripts.

If only the original manuscripts are "inspired" then there has been no salvation since the "original manuscript" containing the gospel of Christ decayed.

They use the tepid excuse that this verse is the proof text for inspiration of the "original manuscripts":

II Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

They fail to see or like the good Jesuits many of them are, will deny that "all" Scriptures includes translations and copies. They also paint themselves into this corner with the verse immediately preceding the one above

II Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

We must beggar the question: Did Timothy have the "original manuscripts"?

Lu 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Did Jesus have the "original manuscript" for Isaiah in this verse?

Ac 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Ac 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Did Philip and the eunuch have the "original manuscript" for Isaiah?

"Nebuchadrezzar", "Noah", "Noe", "Elijah", "Elias", all represent different spellings of different languages at different times by different authors. Another question I'd ask them Paul: Ask them if they spend as much time preaching the cross, Christ crucified, as they do being bible "critics", and let me know the answers you get.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth

This is the original state.

In the restoration at the beginning of Eternity, John sees a new Heaven (not heavens) and a new Earth.

Heaven is the entire universe. In the beginning, Earth was in Heaven, and there was only one heaven.

Then, during the creation, God divides the heavens.

Genesis 1:6-10 describe the first Heaven.
Genesis 1:14-18 describe the second heaven
2 Cor 12:2 describes the third heaven

In between the 2nd and 3rd heaven is a wall. A wall of ice, thick, and dark. It is the "face of the deep". It is the dark glass that seperates us from God, so that we cannot see his glory. It is the darkness that hides God.

During the reconstruction, there will be no need for this dark glass, this wall of ice, this great deep, and there will be "No more sea". There will once again be only one heaven, and the earth in heaven, in the light of the glory of God, which will also light the entire universe.

Genesis 1:1 is correct in the KJB. Regardless of whether you believe what I said above, in light of Genesis 1:6-10, it is correct, because God does not divide heaven until then.
Luke, I have honestly never seen you be wrong explaining scripture but I have never heard this wall of ice thing and I don't see how you get that. I'll be reading Genesis 1 over and over.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 PM

It's not in Genesis 1

In a chapter describing the wonder of the universe, immediately before talking about several star constellations, God says

Job 38:29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
Job 38:30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

Satan, the fallen prince, the prince of the power of the air, abides in the First and Second Heavens. He sees God through the deep, through the hoary frost. His flames from his nostrils lap against the dark ice, the great deep, and that is what is described in Job 41.

Job 41:31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.
Job 41:32 He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.

EDIT: Sister, trust me, I have been wrong many times in my understanding of scripture.

God bless
Luke