Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 AM

Default Study Question

Quote:
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
How does one know when they are righteous?
Quote:
Strong's Greek Dictionary
1342. dikaios
Search for G1342 in KJVSL
dikaioV dikaios dik'-ah-yos
from 1349; equitable (in character or act); by implication, innocent, holy (absolutely or relatively):--just, meet, right(-eous).

See Greek 1349

1349. dike
Search for G1349 in KJVSL
dikh dike dee'-kay
probably from 1166; right (as self-evident), i.e. justice (the principle, a decision, or its execution):--judgment, punish, vengeance.

See Greek 1166
or was James using this word because of his Jewish background and the importance to the 'Law' to maintain a righteous standing with God out of linguistic habit.

Thoughts.??

Last edited by Gord; 05-06-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: correct spelling
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Gord asked:
was James using this word ... out of linguistic habit[?]
That could only be true if the words were not inspired.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:00 PM

The answer is to realise Your Standing and State...
Your standing before God in Christ = Imputed Righteousness and your present State. see ?Rom. 4:9-11 The earlier part of the verse highlights this cf. 1 John 1:9

I was told when I was first saved, "Keep short accounts with God" that is one reason why we do not get our prayers answered see James 4:1-3.That's why confession is good for the soul, and by that i do not mean to a Baallite Priest, Pastor or suchlike...

With respect friend ditch the Greek Lexicons and compare scripture with scripture and see how it pans out in practice..
Every Blessing..
Old 05-06-2008, 01:47 PM
jerry

There is nothing wrong with using a Strong's Concordance - as it gives a basic definition and word range/usage in the KJV Bible. Of course, each definition must be taken in context of the passage and English word studies are useful to show how God uses the word throughout the Bible.

What James is stating is that we must be in right standing with God (ie. righteous in the way we are living) in order to have our prayers answered. Of course, he is writing to believers who already have Christ's righteousness because of their personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:42 PM

Default Re: STUDY QUESTION - Post #1

Re: STUDY QUESTION - Post #1

Quote:

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

We "know" that we are "righteous" because He is "RIGHTEOUS". For those of us who are "born again" - whatever "righteousness" we possess today (in the age of grace) there is one thing for sure - "it" is not our own! We are "righteous" because He is "RIGHTEOUS" and we are IN him.

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of ONE the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of ONE shall many be made righteous.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Herein lies the problem with those who believe that we can "lose" our salvation. If I were depending on my own "righteousness", I have reason to doubt and worry. However, I was made "righteous" by God's grace {Romans 5:19} the day I believed; and God has given me "assurance" in this matter because He (God) raised up Christ, and thus I have the hope that one day I too will be raised in His "likeness" - Praise God! I am depending on His "righteousness" to see me through to the end. How can He fail?

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. ("
him which believeth in Jesus" - Thats me! He "justifies" me because I believed in Him way back in October of 1958.)

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Read and re-read the Books of Romans & Galatians. God deals with the subject of "righteousness" in great depth in these Books. So much so that we along with Peter have to admit:

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

The following are some related verses:

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Revelation 16:5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
Romans 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto
righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

There's plenty more - but you get the idea.

I also am in agreement with "
chaplainles":
Quote:
"ditch the Greek Lexicons and compare scripture with scripture"
Here is just one example:

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance {"Heart"}

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary

1079. bal (Aramaic)
Search for H1079 in KJVSL lb bal (Aramaic) bawl (Aramaic) from 1080; properly, anxiety, i.e. (by implication) the heart (as its seat):--heart.
See Hebrew 1080

3820. leb
Search for H3820 in KJVSL bl leb labe a form of 3824; the heart; also used (figuratively) very widely for the feelings, the will and even the intellect; likewise for the centre of anything:--+ care for, comfortably, consent, X considered, courag(-eous), friend(-ly), ((broken-), (hard-), (merry-), (stiff-), (stout-), double) heart((-ed)), X heed, X I, kindly, midst, mind(-ed), X regard((-ed)), X themselves, X unawares, understanding, X well, willingly, wisdom.
See Hebrew 3824

3821. leb (Aramaic)
Search for H3821 in KJVSL bl leb (Aramaic) labe (Aramaic) corresponding to 3820:--heart.
See Hebrew 3820

3824. lebab
Search for H3824 in KJVSL bbl lebab lay-bawb' from 3823; the heart (as the most interior organ); used also like 3820:--+ bethink themselves, breast, comfortably, courage, ((faint), (tender-)heart((-ed)), midst, mind, X unawares, understanding.
See Hebrew 3823
See Hebrew 3820

5315. nephesh
Search for H5315 in KJVSL vpn nephesh neh'-fesh from 5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):--any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.
See Hebrew 5314

7130. qereb
Search for H7130 in KJVSL brq qereb keh'-reb from 7126; properly, the nearest part, i.e. the center, whether literal, figurative or adverbial (especially with preposition):--X among, X before, bowels, X unto charge, + eat (up), X heart, X him, X in, inward (X -ly, part, -s, thought), midst, + out of, purtenance, X therein, X through, X within self.
See Hebrew 7126

7907. sekviy
Search for H7907 in KJVSL ywks sekviy sek-vee' from the same as 7906; observant, i.e. (concretely) the mind:--heart.
See Hebrew 7906

2588. kardia

Search for G2588 in KJVSL
kardia
kardia kar-dee'-ah
prolonged from a primary kar (Latin cor, "heart"); the heart, i.e. (figuratively) the thoughts or feelings (mind); also (by analogy) the middle:--(+ broken-)heart(-ed).

4641. sklerokardia
Search for G4641 in KJVSL sklhrokardia sklerokardia sklay-rok-ar-dee'-ah feminine of a compound of 4642 and 2588; hard-heartedness, i.e. (specially), destitution of (spiritual) perception:--hardness of heart.
See Greek 4642
See Greek 2588

5590. psucheSearch for G5590 in KJVSL
yuch psuche psoo-khay'
from 5594; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from 4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from 2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew 5315, 7307 and 2416):--heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.
See Greek 5594
See Greek 4151
See Greek 2222
See Hebrew 5315
See Hebrew 7307
See Hebrew 2416

Does all of the above really help that much? (How long would it take to look up these "private interpretation's" of the meaning or definition word "heart"? - 1 hour - maybe 2 at the most?)

In 50 years of Bible study I have never used Strong's, not even once, like the above. Until Swordsearcher came along, I used Young's or Strong's to look up English words for comparison - I figured since the King James Bible Translators knew at least 1,000 times (make that at least 10,000 times) more than I did about the Hebrew and Greek languages, I would "trust" them (and God) to choose the "correct" English word equivalent to the Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek word.

The following is the Bible definition of the word "heart" - after careful study for over 6 months comparing; collating; categorizing; compiling; and cataloging the approximately 950 occurrences of the word in approximately 850 verses with the English word "heart" or "hearts" in them:

The heart is the center or seat of our1thoughts, 2meditations, 3 considerations, 4perceptions, 5concepts, 6reasoning, 7understanding, 8 beliefs, 9imaginations, 10 fears, 11 doubts, 12counsels,13intents, 14 desires(affections - emotions), and15 pride. The heart is where the 16will resides and operates.

1. Job 17:11; 2. Psalms 19:14;3.Deuteronomy 8:5; 4. Deuteronomy 29:4; 5. Acts 5:4; 6. Mark 2:8; 7. Proverbs 8:5; 8. Romans 10:9-10; 9. Genesis 6:5; 10.Isaiah 35:4,Luke 21:26; 11. Mark 11:23; 12. Jeremiah 7:24; 13. Hebrews 4:12; 14. Psalms 37:4, Colossians 3:2; 15. 2 Chronicles 32:26; 16.Psalms 101:2, Psalms 119:69, Psalms 119:145, Isaiah 32:6, 1 Corinthians 7:37,
Ephesians 6:6
. {See Post #4 > AV1611 Bible Forums > General Chit-Chat > "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he" - or "The Heart of the Matter" on my web site http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/}

I wonder, with the following verse in mind: {2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.} Which "method" of "study" is God going to bless the use of? 1 - 2 hours of searching out what men "think" a word in the Bible "means", or hundreds of hours finding out what God has to say (comparing scripture with scripture) Hmmm?

This is why I have said (over and over) on this Forum, if there is an English word in the King James Bible that is of any "spiritual significance" at all, I do not rely on Strong's, Webster's, or any other man for the definition. I always compare scripture with scripture - it's God's method {Isaiah 28:10 - 13}. When I get to the judgment seat of Christ I hope that I will not be "ashamed" because I followed His instructions in His Holy Scriptures - I believe it is the "safer" course to follow.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Last edited by George; 05-06-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:59 PM
jerry

I'm happy for you - however, there are many other people who refuse to use a dictionary or lexicon and wing it with their own wacky definitions. How is that helping anyone out on Bible study? It is not.

By the way, the Bible teaches that our righteousness is in Christ, but we are also to live righteously. To overlook the second is to arrive at the wrong conclusion on the passage this thread is discussing - as well as various other places. All believers have Christ's righteousness - not all believers are living righteously at all times, and the promise given in James 5 is to believers living righteously.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I'm happy for you - however, there are many other people who refuse to use a dictionary or lexicon and wing it with their own wacky definitions. How is that helping anyone out on Bible study? It is not.

By the way, the Bible teaches that our righteousness is in Christ, but we are also to live righteously. To overlook the second is to arrive at the wrong conclusion on the passage this thread is discussing - as well as various other places. All believers have Christ's righteousness - not all believers are living righteously at all times, and the promise given in James 5 is to believers living righteously.
Brother Jerry,

Are you saying that my definition of the "heart" is "wacky"? If you are - PROVE IT! (with Scripture - NOT Strong's or whatever other "Authority" you may use) Are you saying that when I study the scriptures by comparing scripture with scripture (the way that the scriptures say we should) that I'm "winging it"? If you are - PROVE IT! (with Scripture - NOT Strong's or whatever other "Authority" you may use).

Why don't you say what you mean? Real men say what they mean - and mean what they say!

My "Final Authority" is the "scripture of truth" i.e. the King James Bible - NOT what some Apostate "scholar" (Strong) "thinks" a Hebrew or Greek word "means". You say you believe the King James Bible is the word of God - then why do you run to Strong's to get the "meaning" or the "definition" of a Hebrew or Greek word in our "ENGLISH" Bible?

Don't you think that the 50 or so scholars who translated the Hebrew or Greek words into English knew what they were doing? Then why are you running to Strong's to get the Hebrew or Greek "variations"?

"I'm happy for you" - Well I'm not "happy for you", because at every opportunity you make these little "snide remarks"; these "innuendos"; these little "smart alec" replies that may suffice for you, but only reveal that you cannot deal with issues up front and "face to face" (like a real man).

Use all the "helps" you want; lean on the "scholars" (lost & saved) all you want; but when it comes to real Bible study, we are not told in the scriptures to look to "others" for understanding.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1 Corinthians 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

The testimony of Scripture is that: Our "understanding" of the words of God come from God Himself - NOT some Lexicon; Concordance; or Dictionary! And when I want to know what God has to say on a matter or issue I sure am not going to go to some "scholastic" Reprobate - just because he matriculated and paid his dues to the "scholars union".

Timothy S. Morton has an excellent article on the: "The Weakness of Strong" (at "Preserved Words. com - http://www.preservedwords.com/) which I suggested that you read, soon after I joined the Forum. Did you take the time to check out his article? Or are you so sure of yourself that you can never be wrong?

Your Quote
Quote:
By the way, the Bible teaches that our righteousness is in Christ, but we are also to live righteously. To overlook the second is to arrive at the wrong conclusion on the passage this thread is discussing
Did I say something that would lead a brother to "a wrong conclusion"? (There's that "innuendo" again!) If I did - say it! Prove it! and if I didn't why "hint" at it?

I didn't "overlook" anything! The question was:

Quote:
"How does one know when they are righteous?"
You "know" you are "righteous" when you have "believed" in Him, who is "RIGHTEOUS" - our living "righteously" doesn't "ADD" anything to our righteousness - which is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST". I answered the question in depth - why do you ALWAYS have to CRITICIZE?

You're remarks only "CLOUD" the issue and we should be seeking to edify the brethren instead of some kind of "spitting" contest to demonstrate who's the best man.

Grow up! Edify! Stop straining at gnats and swallowing camels!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Truth4Today

Smile A verse taken out of context is filled with an evil spirit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
If you look closely at the immediate context you will notice that Elias is referenced in verse 17. It is here that I think the key is located. We must not divorce verse 16 from verse 17. The word righteous does not here refer to the righteousness of Christ, but rather to the right standing we have before God. Elias is our example here. You must remember that idolatry ravaged the land of his day, yet he partook in none of it. He on the other hand worshiped the true God not defiling himself. Therefore, the righteousness is clearly in reference to not loving or holding on to un-confessed faults against another. If we confess our faults one TO another then we can pray one FOR another. We certainly do not want our prayers hindered. (See Ps. 66:18).

By the way Elias meas "my God is Jehovah" and I got that from the forbiden Greek (Hλiας), mainly because the English dictionary I used did not have the definition of this word, but instead it gave me the forbiden Greek word and forbiden Hebrew word for it as well as the English "Elijah" yet not the meaning of the name as "my God is Jehovah". And whats this, an English dictionary referencing the FORBIDEN Greek and Hebrew. Lord have mercy!!!

Like I said Elias was a man whos God was Jehovah and not an idol.

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)
Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Truth4Today

Wink Love me for Telling the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Brother Jerry,

Are you saying that my definition of the "heart" is "wacky"? If you are - PROVE IT! (with Scripture - NOT Strong's or whatever other "Authority" you may use) Are you saying that when I study the scriptures by comparing scripture with scripture (the way that the scriptures say we should) that I'm "winging it"? If you are - PROVE IT! (with Scripture - NOT Strong's or whatever other "Authority" you may use).
No! I do not take what he has said that way. I truly think you are reading into what he wrote.

Quote:
My "Final Authority" is the "scripture of truth" i.e. the King James Bible - NOT what some Apostate "scholar" (Strong) "thinks" a Hebrew or Greek word "means". You say you believe the King James Bible is the word of God - then why do you run to Strong's to get the "meaning" or the "definition" of a Hebrew or Greek word in our "ENGLISH" Bible?
It is not wrong to run to Strong’s to see what he says a word means. It is wrong to stand completely on Strong’s as a final authority.

If we are to engage into an intellectual study we must not be ignorant of all the facets pertaining to that issue. That means that we must not be in the dark concerning Greek or Hebrew just as we should not be in the dark as to English. Take Peter S. Ruckman for example: it is quite clear from the writings I have read from him that he is well versed in the Greek, for he makes mention of Greek words dozens of times and as well teaches it as has taught it for some time. So, we must not fault someone from wanting to know what it says, even if what it says is exactly as it is written in the King James Authorized Bible.

You must understand that many in our day have been inundated with the idea that Greek or Hebrew for that matter is different than what is written in our King James Authorized Bible. It pays folk, especially those of the KJAB camp to be learned enough to answer those that have been influenced by such an idea. It is not wrong to have ones fears quenched in the light of investigative research. Now, I am fully aware that at times and probably more often than not, people do come to the wrong estimation in regards to some Greek or Hebrew word. In those cases, it is our job to prove that estimation to be off the mark and the KJAB translated it just fine.

Quote:
Don't you think that the 50 or so scholars who translated the Hebrew or Greek words into English knew what they were doing? Then why are you running to Strong's to get the Hebrew or Greek "variations"?
You talk about the variations that exist in Strong’s, but here are the FACTS: the Greek language of the New Testament has only a 5,000 word vocabulary, however, the English language in an unabridged English dictionary has over 500,000 words. Therefore, the possibility for variation in the English is vastly more grater than in New Testament Greek. Strong’s does not have very much to play with in the Greek.

Quote:
"I'm happy for you" - Well I'm not "happy for you", because at every opportunity you make these little "snide remarks"; these "innuendos"; these little "smart alec" replies that may suffice for you, but only reveal that you cannot deal with issues up front and "face to face" (like a real man).
Again, you are reading into what he wrote! You keep TWISTING what he says. My friend, that’s man to man. In fact, quit acting like a baby and GROW UP!!!! You need to take the advice of Paul the Apostle, and this is strait from the ENGLISH of the King James Authorized Bible: “When I was child I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things” (1Cor. 13:11).

Quote:
Use all the "helps" you want; lean on the "scholars" (lost & saved) all you want; but when it comes to real Bible study, we are not told in the scriptures to look to "others" for understanding.
I can say this, at least at this point no one is looking to you for understanding!

Quote:
The testimony of Scripture is that: Our "understanding" of the words of God come from God Himself - NOT some Lexicon; Concordance; or Dictionary! And when I want to know what God has to say on a matter or issue I sure am not going to go to some "scholastic" Reprobate - just because he matriculated and paid his dues to the "scholars union".
That’s your prerogative, but blasting a fellow with hardness is not the best way to go about it. You catch more fly’s with honey my friend.

Quote:
Did I say something that would lead a brother to "a wrong conclusion"? (There's that "innuendo" again!) If I did - say it! Prove it! and if I didn't why "hint" at it?
No, you did not and for that I applaud you! Hence, it is not what you said but more precisely how you said it that was wrong. Again the Bible: "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. " (Col. 4:6).

Quote:
You "know" you are "righteous" when you have "believed" in Him, who is "RIGHTEOUS" - our living "righteously" doesn't "ADD" anything to our righteousness - which is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST". I answered the question in depth - why do you ALWAYS have to CRITICIZE?

You're remarks only "CLOUD" the issue and we should be seeking to edify the brethren instead of some kind of "spitting" contest to demonstrate who's the best man.
Someone call a doctor he’s foaming at the mouth!!!!

Quote:
Grow up! Edify! Stop straining at gnats and swallowing camels!
Please take the Bible seriously, for it says: “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.” (Prov. 15:1).

I know I am in rare form tonight, so, please forgive my uncouthness.

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)
Old 05-15-2008, 03:03 AM

Quote:
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM > Post #9 > Bible Studies > Study Question
Truth4Today - Love me for Telling the Truth
Who are you? You come on this Forum on 05/08/2008 and 5 days later you are personally insulting me and castigating me, when you have no idea as to who I am, or what has taken place between brother Jerry and myself on this Forum for 2 months?

Did you read all 630+ Posts made by Jerry? Have you read the 150+ Posts made by myself? If you haven't - why are you sticking your nose into something you know little or nothing about?

I've met "Christians" like you for 50 years now - Proud/Vain/Arrogant/ Know-it-alls. You have no more interest in Edifying the brethren than the Greek and Hebrew professors in most of the so-called "Fundamentalists" Schools and Colleges. If you are "spoiling for a fight" you've come to the wrong place.

You can "rattle-on" from now until "doomsday", but I for one am not going to reply to any more of your destructive criticism's or Humanistic reasoning.

Some people's children are beyond comprehension!

Proverbs 14:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
Proverbs 12:8 A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
Proverbs 17:20 He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Did you get the message? I doubt it!

Last edited by George; 05-15-2008 at 03:09 AM.