Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
The problem is when people start applying the doctrines found within the Gospels that problems arise. Jesus preached a different gospel and taught different doctrine to a different group of people, and while we can get great Historical and Spiritual or Practical truths out of those books (ALL Scripture is for our learning), to take one's Doctrine from such a book is to confuse Scripture.

Like I said on my next to most recent blog entry (link in my signature), the Bible is all FOR you, but it's not all TO you. To try to apply the whole Bible TO you doctrinally is the most foolish thing a person could do with the Bible other than not believing it.
I must be a very foolish person. I actually believe that ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16). I believe The Sermon on the Mount is for me, as well as the Ten Commandments. I believe in "the Everlasting Gospel" of Revelation 14, that I am to fear God, keep His commandments, and have faith in Jesus.

What does it matter if we have the inspired, preserved Word of God if we can essentially negate so much of it as "somebody else's mail" ?? I have never understood this rationale....and you don't have to explain it to me as I have corresponded with a pastor who believes it for several months to no avail.

I realize I am in the minority in my view on this forum and do not wish to get into a debate about it. I just needed to voice my objection based on 2 Tim. 3:16.

Shalom,

Tandi