General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:40 AM

Your'e right Chette but that added bit about loving kids was a cherry on top of the icing for me..*sigh*..
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I find that this is not edifying the body of Christ. the thread may have been better used. it may be a funny worldly joke. but it is a lie and belittles women.
Bro. Chette and I both are in the Philippines. He's American; I'm Filipino; and we have not seen each other face to face, and meet only here in the forum.

However, after reading the joke, I seem to also have a "negative" feeling/reaction/attitude towards it. I don't know why or how.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM

hmmn... looks like I jumped straight to level 4 without stopping. How'd that happen?

I get tons of these kinds of things from my many "acquaintances". I've seen this one before. It is no worse, possibly somewhat better, than the majority of the male/husband bashing ones out there. The general theme of the many emails circling the net is that women are picky/prissy/expensive and men are stupid/insensitive/brutes. I tend to ignore both as they point out the worst of either side and I've yet to see anything passed around pointing out the other side of that which is the GOOD points/character features.

However, judging from the conversations I've been privy to more women than men tend to complain/put down their spouses.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM

Jaebyrd,

4th floor wow! That tells us a lot about Diligent. Hee Hee Hee!

I have had to ask my friends who send such to me to stop doing so. I don't get the thrill out of them as I did when I was unsaved.

but you forgot one general theme for women (this one I see a lot) the BLOND airhead type.

it is a shame that we don't seem to loose our worldliness when it comes to comedy. I once watched what was to be a Christian comedy show. I has clean language but the same kinds of worldly jokes.

Occasionally one good clean funny not so worldly one comes down the line generally they are animal jokes or the such. but for the most part they are just worldly. i.e. Dr to patient: "Well sir your X-ray showed you had a broken rib. But no problem we fixed it with Photoshop."

I think allowing ourselves to much of these types of things will help conform our minds to the world and not transform our minds as Paul encourages us too in Romans 12:1, 2

Last edited by chette777; 04-01-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
hmmn... looks like I jumped straight to level 4 without stopping. How'd that happen?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Bro. Parrish

ROUND 2...

Grandma and the Corvette

A senior citizen drove her brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership.
Taking off down the road, she floored it to 80mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair she had left.
"Amazing!" she thought, as she flew down I-75, pushing the pedal to the metal even more.

Looking in her rear view mirror, she saw the highway patrol behind her, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from that young fella -- no problem!" thought the elderly woman as she floored the massive V-8 engine to 100 mph, then 110, then 120 mph and beyond. The car was moving like a rocket, and the feeling of freedom was exhilarating to her.

Suddenly, she thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this nonsense!", she slammed on the brakes, pulled over to the side of the road and quietly waited for the Trooper to catch up with her.

Pulling in behind her, the Trooper walked up to the driver's side of the Corvette, looked at his watch and said, "Ma'am, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason why you were driving 120 miles per hour that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The elderly woman, looking very seriously at the Trooper, said,
"Son, years ago, my husband ran off with a female State Trooper. I thought you were bringing him back."

"Have a good day Ma'am", said the Trooper.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post

Suddenly, she thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this nonsense!", she slammed on the brakes, pulled over to the side of the road and quietly waited for the Trooper to catch up with her.

Pulling in behind her, the Trooper walked up to the driver's side of the Corvette, looked at his watch and said, "Ma'am, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason why you were driving 120 miles per hour that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The elderly woman, looking very seriously at the Trooper, said,
"Son, years ago, my husband ran off with a female State Trooper. I thought you were bringing him back."

"Have a good day Ma'am", said the Trooper.

Just as well I finished my coffee before reading this or I would have snorted it over the computer screen.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Lol, funny joke, brother.