General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:57 AM

I think if it is truth, it will answer questions. But there have been many questions posted that receive no answer. Why is that so?

I think if it is truth, it will not contradict any part of Scripture. What passage has been violated by the gap fact?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-15-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
The problem is when we call things we do not know as "strange doctrine", or when we choose to believe passages we want to believe and reject the other passages we do not want to believe.
Is the gap fact a "new doctrine" to you?
Show me where I'm choosing to believe some passages and rejecting others.

So you know when the angels were created and when they rebelled? Is this stated in the Bible? If not isn't it strange doctrine? You know there's a gap "fact" even though it's not stated in the Bible. Again, isn't this strange doctrine?

You try to prove the gap theory with facts like I was born sometime many years ago, I haven't yet died and the Bible states it is appointed unto man once to die; therefore there's a gap there and therefore the creation gap theory is a fact.

You keep stating as a fact that animal life exsisted before man. I beleive you're right; they were made on the 6th day, just before man. What proof do you have otherwise?

Even Dr. Reagan has to twist unrelated verses to try to bolster the theory. If we knew the gap theory was fact I could use his argument to show that Abel was something else in a previous life before he was reborn to become a shepherd.

What questions is your gap "fact" going to answer? Are you going to appease the scientists and scholars of our day who are calling themselves wise? (Rom 1:22) You think if we come to some kind of an agreement with them they'll suddenly recognize that it was God that created everything?

If you're seeking answers to the "problems" of geological evidence, evolution, etc., I again suggest you read books such as An Ice Age Caused by the Genesis Flood and check out those other sites I mentioned.

God created the heaven and the earth. "Created" means called the material out of nowhere, it didn't exsist before. Then He formed it; took the material and shaped it. Then he made the other works of creation; fashioned them out of the material he had created on the first day.

At least that's what I believe no matter how much we play word games with "created", "form", and "made".

Of course one objection is always, "Wouldn't he have created it with perfect form instead of creating it and then forming it?" How am I to say what He would have or should have done? Couldn't He have done in one instance what He did in six days? God had his reasons, and I believe it's at least partly for our instruction. Why did God rest on the seventh day? Do you think He had to because He was tired? Do we know the ways of God to such an extent that we know how He must have done things?

Quote:
I think if it is truth, it will answer questions. But there have been many questions posted that receive no answer. Why is that so?
Are we to know everything? Are there to be no mysteries with God? Does your gap fact allow you to understand all of God's ways? It appears that you do, but I can't make that same claim.

Again, I challenge you to show me what passages I'm purposely rejecting as you claim. I also challenge you to prove the gap "fact" as it appears you're claiming that you can, unless you just "know" all these things without any proof other than serpentine arguments.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I think if it is truth, it will not contradict any part of Scripture. What passage has been violated by the gap fact?
I'll throw this question back at you. What passage had been violated by a literal six day creation fact? If you can show me I'll believe in the gap "fact". In the mean time I'll take what the Bible seems to say over what it can forcibly be made to say.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:11 AM

I have to keep reminding you that I don't believe in the gap THEORY. So don't accuse me of believing what these gap theorists, or atheistic evolutionists, or problematic geologists teach. I believe in the gap FACT.

1. I believe that animals were created after Genesis 1:19 and before Genesis 1:26.
2. I believe that the Ice Age is caused by the Flood in Genesis 7 & 8.

What else do they believe? Anything that they believe that contradicts the Word of God I reject.

I NEVER claimed I know it all. I'm simply saying deal with the questions. There's nothing wrong with saying we don't know, but to say something as "strange" if it is "new doctrine" for us seems unfair to me.

When the angels were created? Before Genesis 1:2
Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The sons of God already existed and they shouted for joy when God laid the foundations and the corner stone of the earth.

Now, show me that angels were not created before Genesis 1:2. If that is a mystery to you, just give me an honest guess and that will be fine.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:40 AM

I don't know everything, neither does anyone here.

The following is to the "king of Tyrus". Whoever he is:

1. He was perfect in beauty.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

2. He was in Eden, the garden of God.
3. He was covered, not necessarily with flesh but with precious stone.
4. He had a built-in musical instrument in him.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

5. He was the anointed cherub that covereth. (Then he can not be a king in Tyrus living during the time of the prophets.)

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

6. He was perfect when he was created.
7. He was found to have iniquity later. (How long? 1 day? 5 days?)

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

8. He had a multitude of merchandise.
(How long? With whom? With Adam?Where? In heaven? Or in Eden? Where is Eden? In Heaven or In earth? When was the time we had Eden? Is there only one Eden? Is this the one who said "I will ascend into heaven?)

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Notice that he had merchandise BEFORE he sinned.

9. His heart was lifted up and wisdom was corrupted. (How long did it take for him to be corrupted? Instantly? in 5 days? or longer?)

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Is this "king of Tyrus" the same as "Lucifer, son of the morning" (Isa. 14)?
Is he one of the "morning stars" who shouted for joy when the earth was created in Genesis 1:1?
How long did it take for him to rebel against his creator?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 AM

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That's it. In the beginning they were CREATED. Past tense. Finished. The heaven and the earth were CREATED IN THE BEGINNING. No twisting of Scripture here. It says created and it ends with a PERIOD. That's it. It's through.

After that what?

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Without form...void...darkness. Is this creation? or DESTRUCTION?

The Spirit of God moved upon the FACE OF WATERS. Why? To RENEW the FACE OF THE EARTH.

Psalms 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:58 AM

Who were the first inhabitants of the original earth in Genesis 1:1?
Wasn't the earth made to be inhabited?
Why were the "morning stars" and the "sons of God" rejoicing when it was created in Genesis 1:1? Was it for them? Did they have merchandise and traffick and thrones then?

Why was the earth without form and void and dark in Genesis 1:2?
Why was there waters in the earth that has no form and void and dark?
Did God create in the dark?
Did angels sing in the dark?
Or was it judgment?
Why did the Spirit of God moved and RENEWED the face of the earth?

Why was Adam told to REPLENISH the earth after Genesis 1:3?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:03 AM

Finally, I'm not forcing anyone to believe in what they consider as theory. I'm presenting what I believe to be fact. But I find it not acceptable to call "strange" what is "new doctrine" to some.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Show some Scripture in context that actually teaches a Gap Theory. Aside from the fact that Satan walked in the Garden of Eden before he fell, and the Garden of Eden was not created until day six, the same day man was created - there is no Biblical basis for an earth before the six days of creation, for a pre-creation week fall of Satan, nor for any kind of previous civilization on earth.
Is there a possibility that the "garden IN EDEN" or the "garden OF EDEN" God "planted" for Adam in Genesis 2
was not the same as
"Eden, the GARDEN OF GOD" God could have created in the earth of Genesis 1:1 for "the king of Tyrus" to occupy?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 AM

I already did study it means to RE-plenish to fill again. I checked into the Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries (unabridged version 1590 and 1623) the word ment to fill and to refill, also it meant to refresh, to make full, and to make ful again.

if there was a race before the six day creation(recreation) is was not men. It was a Chrubim named Lucifer and some Angels. they would have had God permission to be here for some reason. and it could have been a reptilian race.

since Lucifer is no longer in his place the Covering Chrub. there is only one type of animal not deplicted in the other four you have an OX, you have birds, you have men, Lions. cross reference the discriptions of a cherubim and the Seraphim ox in one and Chrub in the other. no reptiles but he did appear to Eve as a serpent (a reptile).

a chrub had a face of an ox and stood on two legs that have hoves like an ox. when you see the deplictions of Satan with horns like an ox hoved feet and a tail (like an Ox)

buT GEE GUYS all that is speculation as to IF there was a pre Adamic race of beings.