Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
Hebrews 10:25 is an exhortation written to persecuted Jewish Christians. That is literally true. However, the verse stands alone in its teaching of Christians coming together. We are social creatures. People withdraw for many reasons, but it is against how God made us. My reason for stating this is to get some feedback about how to answer people who say something like this: "I don't go to church because it's dead" or, "I've got enough of my own problems and don't need more problems", or, "There isn't a decent church around", or, "All they want is my money", or, "I can't find a church that doesn't 'correct' the Bible". Any thoughts?
It is true that a Biblically sound Church is hard to find. Although, well worth the time it takes to find one.

Once we are saved, we need to surround ourselves with others that are in Christ. In everything we do, we should be glorifying God. We assemble together to worship God. We assemble together for Christian fellowship and more important, to be edified in Christ. Sanctification. In a Church where the Bible is the final authority and the fundamentals are taught, there should be Church discipline in order to not stray from the narrow way.

Quote:
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
We should be rooted in the Word of God. We need to be listening to good Bible Preaching.

Quote:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
In a different thread it is discussed that we are not of this world. Satan is the ruler, (god) of this world. To be a member of a Biblically sound Church is to have a place away from the world. The closest thing to heaven that we will experience on earth. To be in fellowship with other members of the body of Christ. Not only are we edified in Christ together, but we help one another, take care of one another as family should.