Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
So Jesus is currently married to the Church, will marry the nation of Israel after the Tribulation, and is going to marry a physical CITY after the Millennium??

Are you serious??? Talk about polygamy!!
Right, not only that but why doesn't Jesus make the city in an instant and be done with it? If all it's about is a city, what's He waiting for?

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
So Jesus is currently married to the Church, will marry the nation of Israel after the Tribulation, and is going to marry a physical CITY after the Millennium??

Are you serious??? Talk about polygamy!!
Pr 15:2 ¶ The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
Pr 15:14 ¶ The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
Pr 26:4, 5 ¶ Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

your just being foolish with such remarks.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
let me ask you a question, "since you became saved haven't you changed your mind of some things?"
Yes of course I have brother, and my mind is still changing as I grow and learn more about the Lord and the Bible. Contrary to what you may think, I am open minded and I don't think I know it all. There are some things in the Bible I admit that I will never know until glory, but there are things that I am persuaded of and will likely stand on until the rapture or my own death.

I just disagree with your assertions about the Lamb's wife of Revelation, etc, it's not a problem as far as I'm concerned, both of us will believe what we want to believe at the end of the day, no sleep lost here.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 PM

I'm foolish for questioning your belief that my Lord and Saviour is going to marry a physical city made of gold and precious stones?

I think someone has foolishness confused with logical thought.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:34 AM

no, MC11, your foolish for assuming polygamy.

I never said the Lord would marry the Body of Christ.

I said marriage in Rev 19 was a union with Israel.

Paul never teaches we will be married to Christ.

Paul does teach we are united with Christ, in Christ, and by Christ already. do you doubt that?

I said the Bride in Rev 21 is not the Body of Christ but a city New Jerusalem. all scripture is post in above posts
Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 AM

2Cor. 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Future tense, notice. We are not married to Christ: our union with Christ is purely spiritual, not physical. The marriage is in the future.

Also notice:

Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

That does NOT say the City IS the bride: it says the city is adorned AS A BRIDE.

"Like" and "As" are the two words that everyone, apparently even Bible Believers, get hung up on.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Bro. Parrish

LOL, it's like a Bible boxing match in here sometimes...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
LOL, it's like a Bible boxing match in here sometimes...
Well I'm not gonna' let another brother go Hyper- on me if I can do anything about it...that devilish doctrine already split up my favorite Gospel music group and I'll be hanged if I don't do anything to prevent it from causing yet another schism in the Body of Christ.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:14 AM

I am not a Hyper by any means. and I do not appreciate the insinuation. If you have any understanding about Hyper's you know that Hypers are 99.9% Calvinist. I am not either Hyper divider or a Calvinist

but I think you read this, but just in case let me quote George. I believe the words are important just as much as phrases, sentences and paragraphs and Chapters and Books. And Peter said to be mindful of the words of the Prophets and the Apostles of Jesus 2Peter2:3 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Words are strange and peculiar things. Our Lord and Saviour is described as “The Word”.

Why would God choose to describe The Son as “The Word”, unless He was trying to convey to us that there is a constant, persistent, enduring, indissoluble, permanent, perpetual, everlasting, and eternal connection between “The WORD” and God’s “words”?

God’s words (spoken or written) are powerful:

The Scriptures state that the Lord Jesus Christ spoke all of creation into existence, and that all of creation is upheld “by the word of His power”. They also state that the words that Christ spoke are “life”. Peter said that “thou (the Lord Jesus Christ) hast the words of eternal life!

Like I said at the beginning, words are strange and peculiar things. God has used words (spoken & written) to convey His thoughts and His ways to mankind from the very beginning of the creation of Adam up to the present day; and men and women have used words ever since to express their thoughts, feelings, beliefs, ideas, etc.

So the question arises – WHAT are words? {Check the Dictionary for the exhaustive definition} I believe that words not only express most of those things that are said about them in the Dictionaries; but more than that – words (spoken or written) paint a verbal “picture” of our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, ideas, etc.; and not only ours, but God has used His words to “illustrate” for mankind His thoughts and His ways.
Paul used words as descriptions to the body of Christ in 2Cor 11 and Eph 5:21-25

But he never used the words your quoting directly to teach the Church is the Bride of Revelation 21. when the verse is already Interpreted for you in REV 21 that the BRIDE is a CITY AS A BRIDE.

Espoused is a descriptive word of your union and taken in context of 2Cor11 was referring to Christians who weren't living in a right union with Christ because of false teaching from those whom they had allowed in to teach. They had received a teaching that wasn't at all like they had been taught by Paul, just as I have been pointing out about the teaching that the Bride of Rev 21 is the church.

No real or actual espousal took place. The statement he makes following in the next verse is clear that it is indeed descriptive when we find the word "AS a chaste virgin". As AS found in Rev21. the whole sentence is descriptive not actual.

Nor does Paul ever use the word WIFE in referring to the Church. Ephesians 5 the English formula is a figure of speech called a Parallelism not the literal church being a wife but like a husband and wife. Also clearly stated by the words God chose to use. Again this is proven by one little word used over and over Eph 22, 23 and 24 AS is used descriptively. the term "Even as" refers to the fact that the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is to the church. This is descriptive of submission to our head not that the church is a literal wife. you would have to change the words used in the English to make it mean the church is a wife to Christ.

That little word like AS can really set you straight or mess you up. But it is the words you are to be mindful of too. words are very important and should not be so lightly overlooked

You may follow teaching doctrines handed down by faithful men. But it doesn't mean they are sound doctrines.

Last edited by chette777; 02-26-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 PM

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6 KJV)

Is this resurrection referring to ours?

Peace and Love,
Stephen