Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
That is very true brother...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Ain't that the truth!

What always has, and probably always will, bug me, is the fact that 20-50-100 professing Bible-believing Christians come together in the same local church services every week, hear the same sermons, read the same Bible, experience the same blessings when together, yet only a few of them are actively serving the Lord through the church ministries? We can all say amen to the preacher in unison, we can all sing the hymns out loud and praise the Lord, yet only a few turn up on the streets to preach & witness, only a few get to church early and enjoy the extra fellowship & prayer, only a few learn their memory verses every week...I won't rant on.

"What's so hard for us" you ask, I suppose it's that 'dying daily' business that Paul spoke about. The older I grow the more of a mystery other peoples (Christians) hearts are to me.
Matt, let not your heart be troubled. The early church faced the death penalty for merely telling people about Christ and Him crucified. We have become complacent, we seek comfort zones from the hell that daily life is. I thank God people have those comfort zones, but we are first and foremost SOLDIERS.

Some churches refuse to have street ministries because they do not want the "street" people in the church.

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

If I were Pope I'd first make it excommunication offense for not reading Romans 12 everyday. Read the whole chapter aloud in church, and watch some people fidget.

Gideon looked at troops, he saw men on their bellies drinking, right where I could jump out with a spear and take that man in the back. The men who drank like Doc Ruckman prays, on one knee where he can be on the lookout, he's gonna be up in a heartbeat to fend off any and all attacks.

Romans 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

I don't have a car right now, I can go nowhere or do anything. I can exhort you folks and edify you, right now this is church to me. I attend a small grace church, I have a hurricane for a home life at the moment with sickness and disobedience by some members, and don;t go all the time. I subsist on a disability income I call Living Hell rather than be "secure socially", and that is given grudgingly, it only took me 18 years to get it. I say, Put Me In Coach, and He seems to find a place for me.

One woman I knew was clinically agoraphobic. She could not take crowds. What did she do? She put tracts in 12 packs of beer in grocery stores. Some of us wanted something for the kids to do, we rented a helium tank, they put tracts in ballons and let them go. Imagine sitting down in front of HBO for a night of TAXICAB CONFESSIONS and you open a beer and there is a Fellowship Tract League tract falls out, GOD'S LAST NAME IS NOT DAMN. I think this woman gloried in her infirmaty and reached someone not normally reachable. I think her rewards will be great. I believe your rewards in heaven are the people you help convert, but that is for another thread.

We can all do something. Uncounted are the years the janitors at Petra in Israel have shoveled bibles into the trash left there by tourists. Sometimes the trash cans are not big enough. Sometimes the Old Latin got out too fast and in too many copies for the Catholic Church to destroy.

We have two large franchise "dollar stores" in this town. The managers at both tell me they will not sell NIVs and NASBs, no profit, too high a wholesale, they sell only KJVs. They say they fly off the shelves.

We need to study the doctrine of Being In Two Places At The Same Time. Jesus was on earth and in heaven at the same time. Our spirits are circumsised and already in heaven before The Father. We are given the Holy Spirit in place of ours, which left us, and a body without a spirit is dead as Paul said to reckon ourselves, but alive to Christ and through him. We need to be reminded we are seated in heavenly places, those people in cardboard boxes and under bridges and also in million dollar homes are not. When White and Kutelik tell us we have no Scriptures, tell them to go tell the Pope, only he is interested in hearing that. the version battle is a flank attack, it is not the main battle, we need to stick to the front line message: Christ and Him crucified. If these Alexandrians preach the gospel it is in contention, bless God for it, Christ IS being preached.

We can all do something. A woman with agoraphobia can come up with something to do, those of us without it can do something too.

Grace and peace to you

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 03-15-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 AM

Here is a revelation of hell a literal lake of fire on earth

Isa 34:5-10 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment. The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea. And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion. And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

How is that for KJV revelation of hell?

to read more of this advanced revelation of the King English read P S Ruckman's March 2009 Bulletin free from the kjv1611.com
Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
We need to study the doctrine of Being In Two Places At The Same Time. Jesus was on earth and in heaven at the same time. Our spirits are circumsised and already in heaven before The Father. We are given the Holy Spirit in place of ours, which left us, and a body without a spirit is dead as Paul said to reckon ourselves, but alive to Christ and through him.
Tony

Tonybones, that's interesting brother---I never thought about the idea that our human spirit has already left our body and is in heaven, what are your scripture references on that...
Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 PM

never thought about the idea that our human spirit has already left our body and is in heaven

Actually the human spirit has not left the body if it did you would be dead physically. What has taken place is that your soul is separated (circumcised) from you body, you are united to Christ via the Holy Ghost at this point that you have been separated from your sin nature and given his divine nature this all took place for every beleiver at his new birth (for lack of a better term).

This whole spiritual process supersedes our current 24/7TQ and places the believers soul in an Eternal time measurement (TQ) thought our bodies are still in this current TQ. we have our lives in him in eternity already.

But clearly our spirit is not yet left the body.

Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: - no spirit of any man left the body of any man and is in heaven at the moment one accepted Christ but where he is we are

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: - this circumcision odes not put a mans spirit in heaven but puts him in Christ where Christ is that is where you are.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; - again we are united with him but our spirit has not left our Bodies. if they did we would be dead physically for the spirit of man is his life force (for lack of a better term)

for more on the spirit and life of a man see brother Georges posts at http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1070
Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 PM

Default Re: " A Question Concerning Hell --"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Tonybones, that's interesting brother---I never thought about the idea that our human spirit has already left our body and is in heaven, what are your scripture references on that...
Aloha brother Parrish,

Here are some Scriptures for you to "mull over" as to whether our spirit has left our body and has been "replaced" by the Holy Spirit.

Acts 17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

Acts 19:21 After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.

Acts 20:22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 7:34There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 4:22 The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

We have Christ's mind; The Holy Spirit of God dwells in us; our spirit has been "born again" of the Spirit of God; we are to serve God in our spirit; our hearts have been circumcised; the Holy Spirit reveals to our spirit - "spiritual things"; We are to worship God in "spirit" and in truth.

The following verses (in context) are the only ones that I can think of that would possibly give someone the idea that our spirit is in heaven, but it doesn't say that:

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I hope that these Scriptures may be of some help in your search for the truth.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM

I want to add this one verse concerning a man's spirit

Gen 45:27 And they told him all the words of Joseph, which he had said unto them: and when he saw the wagons which Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of Jacob their father revived:
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Bro. Parrish

Thanks for the scriptures gents, after reviewing those I'm just not seeing any passage that indicates that our human spirit has already left our body and is in heaven... at any rate I just wanted to see if there was some passage in the Bible maybe I was missing. I'm not as young and sharp as I used to be...