Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM

Luke,

that is part of his book Grace. I think that came from an article and only covers part of what the book says. If you read it through it shows he is not a Calvinist as some would insist.

Tbones,

Chafer and Stam are at the opposite extremes of Dispensationalism. Chafer would be a moderate whiles Stam would be a hyper
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 PM

Luke (and anybody),

Would you consider yourself to be a libertarian freewiller? So far the best I can do is to stick with the truth that God's thoughts are higher than my thoughts and leave it at that while rejecting both Calvinism and Arminianism as unbiblical. I guess I have some vaguely defined idea similar to compatibilism but I guess that must be wrong if it hinges on Total Depravity, which I know is wrong.

Jennifer
Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM

I don't know what you mean by Libertarian Freewill?

I reject both Arminian and Calvinist doctrines, but find points of agreement in both (and points of disagreement in both too).
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't know what you mean by Libertarian Freewill?

I reject both Arminian and Calvinist doctrines, but find points of agreement in both (and points of disagreement in both too).
I'd never heard the term before but I found it when I looked up the meaning of compatibilism.

http://www.theopedia.com/Libertarian_free_will
Old 06-29-2009, 11:41 PM

I am a King James Bible Believer
Old 06-30-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I feel so bad for any christian who doesn't understand that Christ did it all and that there is nothing we can contribute to His salvation.
I do too. And for that matter, what can we even contribute in the Christian life? Christ is the beginning, the end, and everything in between! Just keep looking unto Him.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I do too. And for that matter, what can we even contribute in the Christian life? Christ is the beginning, the end, and everything in between! Just keep looking unto Him.
Amen, brother Forrest. I never really "got it" before. My self-condemnation and having my eyes focused on my own performance hindered and frustrated my walk in the past. I trust Him to do it all now.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Brother Tony, Thanks for the GREAT books link! I downloaded some of them to read!

I trust the LORD to guide me in what to believe and what to kindly discard from man's writings. We do the same when hearing a sermon, don't we? We aren't looking to correct... but simply to compare with Scripture for the accuracy and to know if it is something edifying for our Christian life or not.

I think these books may help me when trying to show the difference between LAW and GRACE - for those stubborn Sabbath-day keepers!!

Jassy
Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 PM

WOW!

Thanks for the link, Tony. You're right, it is a gold mine!!!

gold miner in Christ,

Jen
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Do take care in reading these grace books from C Stam and others. compare them with clear scripture and remember not to be caught by fair speeches and good arguments. Study out the whole context and the keep in mind God's character throughout the whole Bible. His extreme Hyper-divisionistic views are not balanced and the errors are subtle and we need to keep Biblical balance to Gods word.

I like some of Stam's work but I take it with a grain of salt. where it is good use it where it is bad throw it out and stick to the word of God.

Also, you can download many good books by Lewis Sperry Chafer from Gutenberg Press.com or org or email me I will send you some zipped copies

Last edited by chette777; 07-03-2009 at 01:14 AM.