Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Default Questions from Atheists 2

READ FIRST: I will be posting some questions here that were brought up by an Atheist/Agnostic "Freethought Group." I don't belong to this group. Someone I know that is somewhat antagonistic towards Christians does. So, the "I" is NOT me. Perhaps people here can help in responding to these questions. I'll post them as "Questions from Atheists 1" "....2" etc.

2. In Christianity, belief is more important than action. Even though Christians love to say, "Faith without works is dead," they are forced to concede that no matter how terrible of a life a person leads, if they accept Jesus as their lord and savior and repent of their sins on their death bed, they get their golden ticket into heaven, all is forgiven. That is, unless they blaspheme the holy spirit. These people are just toast, but child rapists and murderers - just find Jesus and you're fine.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM

Its called being saved yet by fire 1 Cor. 3:15.

If they have a problem with a theif on the cross situation, it just goes to show that the Gospel truly is offensive because it is so easy a child can believe. But of course we explain the ideal situation is that one is saved at a young age and matures into a disciple of Jesus.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 PM

Well, that is the danger of reading the Bible without the guidance of the spirit.

Holy Ghost blasphemy cannot be committed today, but it will be during the Millennial Kingdom, when Jesus Christ is on earth again.

Faith without Works is dead, if you are a Jew living in the tribulation (James 1:1).

James 2 is an atheists paradise.

There is another response for those who do not rightly divide that also applies spiritually, and refers to the

"shall faith save him?" part of the chapter. The him is not the man with the faith, but the poor man that the rest of the chapter is talking about. Faith will not save him. He needs your works to save his soul from death.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
READ FIRST: I will be posting some questions here that were brought up by an Atheist/Agnostic "Freethought Group." I don't belong to this group. Someone I know that is somewhat antagonistic towards Christians does. So, the "I" is NOT me. Perhaps people here can help in responding to these questions. I'll post them as "Questions from Atheists 1" "....2" etc.

2. In Christianity, belief is more important than action. Even though Christians love to say, "Faith without works is dead," they are forced to concede that no matter how terrible of a life a person leads, if they accept Jesus as their lord and savior and repent of their sins on their death bed, they get their golden ticket into heaven, all is forgiven. That is, unless they blaspheme the holy spirit. These people are just toast, but child rapists and murderers - just find Jesus and you're fine.
Jassy, here again I must return to my response of the first question, how does what is finite stand in judgment of what is infinite?

"Faith without works is dead" is not cited by all "Christians", the book of James is Tribulation doctrine, and not one in 20,000 Christians understand the dispensational position of James, let alone atheists and agnostics.

Holy Ghost blasphemy is another one that is misquoted rather than wrongly divided. The misquotation is not reading a followup verse that explains exactly what this sin is:

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Have you told Jesus Christ personally that He performed His miracles by the power of the devil?

These "atheists" are nothing more than perfect little parrots of their father, the devil, in Genesis 3, questioning God's words, His motives, his judgments.

A friend of mine once was an agnostic, and made the mistake of calling to my attention the "mistakes" in the KJV. I went out to myc ar, brought it in, handed it to him, and told him I'd like to see 2-300 "mistakes". When he opened the Bible he opened it upside down and turned pages with the words wrong skeediddle while he continued to talk. As Jed Clampett once said, piiitiful piiiiiiiitiful.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Well, that is the danger of reading the Bible without the guidance of the spirit.

Holy Ghost blasphemy cannot be committed today, but it will be during the Millennial Kingdom, when Jesus Christ is on earth again.

Faith without Works is dead, if you are a Jew living in the tribulation (James 1:1).

James 2 is an atheists paradise.

There is another response for those who do not rightly divide that also applies spiritually, and refers to the

"shall faith save him?" part of the chapter. The him is not the man with the faith, but the poor man that the rest of the chapter is talking about. Faith will not save him. He needs your works to save his soul from death.
You are spot on brother. The Sword is two-edged, and you can swing it at someone maliciously and it will come right back around and behead you.

Grace and peace

Tony