Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM

Thank you for your reply. I think that I made a mistake and responded to you as "brother Tim" - I don't see your name at all on your posts. I'm a sister. So, I should ask you the same: brother or sister?

I appreciate your simple question and it's a very good one! I'm happy to respond to it. Yes, I do fully understand that we receive the Holy Spirit in conjunction with our salvation - not through baptism. I do know, at that point where I knelt down and just repeated a prayer, without any meaning for me, that I was NOT YET SAVED. I didn't give my heart and life to the Lord yet. But it did lead to my interest in the Bible and search for truth.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-18-2009, 02:03 PM

Thank you tmonk. Since this was way back in 1979, that I was first witnessed to and given a Bible, and I'd had an old Catholic Bible for many years, I really don't remember which Bible it was. It may have been an old Jerusalem Bible? I am sorry to say that I'm not sure. I just remember that commandments being different, when I compared them.

Additionally, I compared some old Catholic Catecism booklets that I had with the Bible, and that was also different. I remember it had a lot about the Pope and his authority on earth and his leading of the Church and putting your trust in him as the Vicar on earth.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Thank you tmonk. Since this was way back in 1979, that I was first witnessed to and given a Bible, and I'd had an old Catholic Bible for many years, I really don't remember which Bible it was. It may have been an old Jerusalem Bible? I am sorry to say that I'm not sure. I just remember that commandments being different, when I compared them.

Additionally, I compared some old Catholic Catecism booklets that I had with the Bible, and that was also different. I remember it had a lot about the Pope and his authority on earth and his leading of the Church and putting your trust in him as the Vicar on earth.

Sis. Jassy good day and greetings from the Philippines! Not only written in their catecism but even painted in the front of their building that we can see them. Truly, they chop off the clear command of the bible in regards to the graven image as found in Exodus 20:4.

Jude1:25
www.fredsites.weebly.com
Old 05-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Greetings Bro Fred,

Thank you for the warm greeting! I'm in the USA. I viewed your "Things that are excellent" website. Very nice! I'm happy to see Christians all around the world embracing the KJV/AV. You make a good point that the Catholic's "10 Commandments" are often in plain view for us to see the difference.

Sis Jassy
Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I am new here. I used to be Roman Catholic. I even taught Sunday School in my late teens. A friend witnessed to me and I knelt down and repeated her prayer. However, I didn't understand anything yet - nor was I truly "saved." After that point, however, I began to compare the Catholic Bible I had with the Bible the Christian friend had given me. I found many differences and was confused. The Catholics had ten commandments listed, but they weren't the same as the other Bible. The commandment about idols was missing and the one about coveting was divided into two. Very subtle yet a marked difference. After this discovery, I laid about 6 Bibles side by side (I didn't know about or have a Bible Concordance yet) and began studying in earnest. I thought that, with all the different Bibles, I was sure to get the truth. It just left me more confused!! About 5 years later, I was baptized and then I had the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I gravitated towards the KJV and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I had no problem understanding the "old English" - actually, it's quite clear, unlike a lot of the other translations! I've stuck with that version - even though people have tried to sway me into accept other versions.

Back to Catholicism. Because of the focus on many wrong teachings, if a Catholic chooses to stay with the Roman Catholic Church, at the very least, they'll be confused and, at the very worst, they'll be LOST for putting their faith in the POPE - as the VICAR (which means Jesus' representative - literally "His replacement!" on earth). This is something I cannot abide by or accept as being in any way truly Christian.

This places a MAN - a human - as one who can make changes and require that the entire church trust him, just as they would Christ.

The Roman Catholic Church changed many things along its long history, including killing Protestants during the Inquisition. Basically, it was accept the RCC or die! Many martyrs chose death.

I think that should tell us the truth of the matter. I know that I was LOST while I was still entrenched in the Roman Catholic Church.
Welcome, Jassy. I've only been here several days myself. I always love to hear a Christian's personal testimony of how the Lord led them out of the darkness into His glorious light. There is fellowship among those who esteem His Word above everything in this world.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Amen greenbear and thank you for the welcome!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:

I'm always looking for ammo against the RCC. After all there is a reason why REFORM was needed.

I will keep digging to find these things you mentioned.