General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Smile Read Me --

Hey there, guess this fits in the general area. I keep testament of the King James Bible & found this place to be a good reference website for words & definitions that help me in my study. Curious to meet some new faces that follow the words of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

Yea, I only keep the King James. I would keep the hebrew if I could, but I'm not good with other languages other than english.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shofar View Post
Hey there, guess this fits in the general area. I keep testament of the King James Bible & found this place to be a good reference website for words & definitions that help me in my study. Curious to meet some new faces that follow the words of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

Yea, I only keep the King James. I would keep the hebrew if I could, but I'm not good with other languages other than english.
to the Forum. I'm sure others will expound--but regarding your thoughts on:

Quote:
I would keep the hebrew if I could, but I'm not good with other languages other than english.
My opinion. You don't need Hebrew or Greek. All you need is the word in the King James Bible preserved in the English language. And the indwelling Holy Spirit to open your eyes of spiritual understanding.
Psalms 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 PM

I'll keep that psalm close, thank you.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 AM

I have an old Tankh in English printed in 1915. it is exactly the same as the KJV Old Testament.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
My opinion. You don't need Hebrew or Greek. All you need is the word in the King James Bible preserved in the English language. And the indwelling Holy Spirit to open your eyes of spiritual understanding.
Quite true, but looking things up in either Greek or Hebrew can also be helpful, at times.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I have an old Tankh in English printed in 1915. it is exactly the same as the KJV Old Testament.
I recently acquire an audio copy of the New Testament spoken in Hebrew, it's really interesting to listen & hear the words. So far, Matthew 1 is perhaps the only chapter that I can put 2 & 2 together as to which words translate as what, but it looks like I have a long road ahead of me before I can comprehend the mechanics of the language.

It's rewarding though, I'm learning much - thanks be to God.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Welcome to the forums brother Shofar. I myself have not been here for long, but do feel right at home in this forum. I pray you get to feel the same way as I. It is my advice that you stick to the King James Authorized Version as your main version for Bible study and growing in the LORD. The Authorized Version is the perfect word of GOD written in English but if you feel you must posses the original language Testaments, I recommend you do get the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament (I noticed you mentioned you had a Hebrew New Testament). The reason I recommend the Greek New Testament (which is the original language for the New Testament) is that you don't get caught up by the Hebrew Roots Movement heresy like I almost did myself. I also recommend you be careful which ones you get since they are corrupted text out there known as the Alexandrian text. Be careful and do some research, and I'm also sure that they're brothers in Christ here that will explain with more detail if you ask. Finally, brother I going to ask you out of curiosity (because of you avatar), are you from Jewish decent?

Last edited by Rolando; 02-24-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
Quite true, but looking things up in either Greek or Hebrew can also be helpful, at times.
There is NEVER a time where you'll need to use the Greek or Hebrew to understand the King James Bible. Why? Because you will not find an inerrant infallible Greek or Hebrew Bible, but you King James is inerrant and infallible and IS IN THE LANGUAGE YOU SPEAK!!!

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 02-24-2009, 08:43 PM

I think that Stephen brings up one of the problems of being KJBO. I think some people, especially non-English speaking people are offended, thinking that somehow the English speaking people are implying that they hold special favor with God.

Now, I have my own theory on this, JUST A THEORY. I could be wrong.

After the King James Bible, Britain became the most vast empire in all human history. This map shows all the lands under Britain at it's peak.

And I think this is why God brought about the KJB, to spread the true Word of God to the entire world. It is not because the English speaking people are favored by God more than non-English speaking peoples, but God knew the British Empire would extend across the world.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Welcome to the forums brother Shofar. I myself have not been here for long, but do feel right at home in this forum. I pray you get to feel the same way as I. It is my advice that you stick to the King James Authorized Version as your main version for Bible study and growing in the LORD. The Authorized Version is the perfect word of GOD written in English but if you feel you must posses the original language Testaments, I recommend you do get the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament (I noticed you mentioned you had a Hebrew New Testament). The reason I recommend the Greek New Testament (which is the original language for the New Testament) is that you don't get caught up by the Hebrew Roots Movement heresy like I almost did myself. I also recommend you be careful which ones you get since they are corrupted text out there known as the Alexandrian text. Be careful and do some research, and I'm also sure that they're brothers in Christ here that will explain with more detail if you ask. Finally, brother I going to ask you out of curiosity (because of you avatar), are you from Jewish decent?
Hi Rolando, yea, related by blood from an Israelite on my Mom's side of the family. I'm not sure the details of it all, but my Mom keeps a detailed record of our family tree & it does tie with Israel. What tribe? I don't know, it was well before my time. Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I'm not good with Hebrew in terms of discerning exact words, but you do make a good point, I'll do more research on the subject, thank you.