Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:30 PM

Default Eternal Security

Guys,

We are talking about this issue on a few other topics. I think we need to start our on topic on the subject of eternal security.

Here is the question.

How do you stay saved?

Do you keep yourself saved by your works or by the works of God?

Let me be the 1st to say I was saved by works. I will also say I am kept saved by works.

HIS WORKS.

My works are a filthy rags and my works could never save me or keep me saved. I believe in eternal security. I was saved by the works that Jesus Christ did for my salvation. I am also kept by saved by His works. God has done the works that I could never do. I accepted his works by faith. That is how I was saved. That is how I will stay saved.

I HAD NOTHING TOL DO WITH MY SALVATION OTHER THAN ACCEPTING IT!

Now there are only two things that can keep you saved. No matter what you believe, it must be one of the two.

1. The works of God.

2. The works of man.

Who's works are keeping you saved?

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-19-2008 at 02:33 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-19-2008, 09:19 PM

Well put, Atlas.

Simply said, it depends on who saved you.

If you saved you, then it is up to you to keep you saved.

If God saved you, then it is up to Him to keep you saved.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Guess which one is true!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:22 PM
eagle777

Our sins were delt with on the cross. There we died with Jesus and we also were risen with Him to walk in newness of life. Rom. 6

However, we still have to deal with our carnal mind which must be renewed. Rom. 12:1-2,
Paul said in Phil. 2:12-13,

"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

That word 'salvation' also means deliverence. We must change our way of thinking and alow the Holy Spirit to teach us of His ways. Thank God we have the Holy Spirit to teach us all things. As we allow ourselves to be teachable and trusting in the Lord He will lead us into all truth.

Dave
Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 AM

Bro. Tim,

God is the only one that can keep us faultless as sinful as man is. Even saved man. Look at what all Paul said about his flesh and how sinful it was. If Paul's flesh was that sinful and wicked you know how sinful my flesh is. If it was up to me to keep myself saved I'd go to hell for sure. My chances of me keeping myself saved are absolute zero. When I get to heaven I will get there for only one reason. That reason is the finished work of Jesus Christ that died for all of my sins. All of my sins were future sins at the time. he forgave them all. he died for everyone of my sins. That is how you and I will stand before God faultless.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-20-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:53 AM
fundy

I am saved by grace through faith and kept that way by the blood of Jesus.

Many Christians, sadly, cannot say the same thing, simply because they are using the vatican inspired NIV and are in doubt as to their staying saved, and rely on their works to stay that way. A classic deception is in 2 Peter 3:17.

The Word of God says:

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.

While the NIV distorts scripture this way:

2Pet 3:17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

I dont know about you, but I fall from my own steadfastness several times every day, but my secure position is just that - secure, bought and paid for. I cannot fall from my secure position.

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.

fUNDY
Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I dont know about you, but I fall from my own steadfastness several times every day, but my secure position is just that - secure, bought and paid for. I cannot fall from my secure position.
A M E N ! !
Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
evstevemd

I'm saved by Grace. I have dominion over sin by the power that resurrected Jesus(Holy Ghost)! If I sin and repent not I loose salvation and count blood of Jesus unholy thing. I have no excuse for sin and my good works manifest what the lord has done in me,transformation!! So no eternal security unless you do the will of God.And that will is walking Not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit od God.For as those who are led by spirit of God,those are children of God
Praise God!
Ev. Steve
Old 03-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evstevemd View Post
If I sin and repent not I loose salvation
Uh, what do you do about sins of ignorance? (Do a search for "sin" and "ignorance" in the Bible -- people sin and don't realize it.) Are you just hoping you haven't "missed" anything to repent for?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
So no eternal security unless you do the will of God.And that will is walking Not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit od God.For as those who are led by spirit of God,those are children of God
Praise God!
Ev. Steve
"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." Eph 4:30

So can we do the will of God while grieving the Spirit?
Paul is addressing saved brethren here, and explains in the verses before and subsequent verse what grieves the Spirit. These folks were obviously doing things they should not have done, grieving the Spirit. I think that would identify not being led by the Spirit. Did they lose their salvation? Were they ever sealed by the Spirit? Notice how long they are sealed.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 AM
fundy

Quote:
I'm saved by Grace. I have dominion over sin by the power that resurrected Jesus(Holy Ghost)! If I sin and repent not I loose salvation and count blood of Jesus unholy thing. I have no excuse for sin and my good works manifest what the lord has done in me,transformation!! So no eternal security unless you do the will of God.And that will is walking Not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit od God.For as those who are led by spirit of God,those are children of God
Praise God!
Ev. Steve
Sounds like you have a "Jesus saved me, but I keep me there" slant on the doctrine of salvation Evstevemd.

How many ours a day do you carry out the will of God? Going by what you say, slip up in this area for only 1 second in the day and you lose your salvation and have to be saved all over again. What if you die in that 1 second during the day that you have lost your salvation?

This is just catholic works doctrine...pure and simple.

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.

Once saved, always saved.

Fundy