Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Here is an article of interest; food for thought.

Click here to read entire article:

http://www.wayoflife.org/files/749f8...81bfe-218.html
Yeah I read that. It's a good article, worth reading for sure.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Is there even such a thing as "Christian" rock?
Nope, it's an oxymoron. I don't believe God is glorified with music that sounds like war.

And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp. And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear. And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount. And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it. (Exodus 32:17-20 KJV)

I also think we should avoid taking music that comes from worldly (hopeless, sin loving, want-to-believe-lies, children of belial) men and offer it to the Lord under a different label.

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. (Leviticus 10:1-2 KJV)

Now I know there are some perfectly fine groups out there in the CCM scene. I'm just saying we should not mix our worship with the music we use to entertain ourselves with.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Nope, it's an oxymoron. I don't believe God is glorified with music that sounds like war.

And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp. And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear. And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount. And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it. (Exodus 32:17-20 KJV)

I also think we should avoid taking music that comes from worldly (hopeless, sin loving, want-to-believe-lies, children of belial) men and offer it to the Lord under a different label.

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. (Leviticus 10:1-2 KJV)

Now I know there are some perfectly fine groups out there in the CCM scene. I'm just saying we should not mix our worship with the music we use to entertain ourselves with.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I agree with you brother. Rock music and even "Christian" rock shouldn't be trusted. This type of music has another spirit that is not God's. How do I know? Personal experience. I'm a former listener of rock, hip hop, r & b, etc. I stopped listening to these because I felt this kept away from God. "Christian" rock to me is just another way crooks and phonies use to make a dollar using the name of Christ. I don't listen to these anymore, and mostly listen to church hymns nowadays.

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19
Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 PM

Do you folks remember Bo Jackson who played both professional Baseball and Football? Remember the "Bo Knows" commercials? You probably remember his career was ended by a hip injury. The condition is called avascular necrosis, which means reduced blood supply to the head of the femur.

At the very same time, my oldest daughter suffered the exact same injury. She was playing soccer, another player slid into her, knocking her feet out from under her and she came down hard on her hip. She was in tremendous pain and could not walk without crutches for over a year. She never again played any sports in school. Her leg was so sensitive if you accidently brushed against her foot she would scream in pain. She had all sorts of treatment from doctors, but nothing worked. Finally, on her own she went to a chiropractor. He gave her some kind of electrical shock treatment to her hip. From her very first visit she expressed great relief. She said it was the first time she was not in pain. After a few months of treatment she was off the crutches and has never needed them again. She still does not participate in any sports activity, but she can walk normally.

I never knew about their connection to the occult, but the chiropractor was the only person who helped my daughter.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Bro. Parrish

I can believe that. I know a chiropractor personally, he is downstairs from my office, he seems like a good doctor and I know he has helped a lot of folks with chronic pain from various injuries. I think he uses mainly neuromusculoskeletal adjustments. A lot of times they will give people drugs at the hospital after they are injured, but the drugs sometimes only deal with the symptoms, and not the source.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Is there even such a thing as "Christian" rock?
Yes there is ,Payable On Death was popular a few years ago. They went Mainstream after the first couple albums.

Those terms are contradictory. Unfortunately,it is being used in our churchs,for instance,Guitar Hero. Have you ever looked at some of the song lists for it. How about Slayer Reign in Blood. My girlfriend says some of that music sounds like someone is dying. Vengence Rising was a Band from the 90's that was a so-called christian death metal band, also Tourniquet, sounds like Slayer. I know this is the extreme side,and its not like Jars of Clay(Flood). But it is filtering into the churchs,yeah it starts out innocent enough.
Wiki has a list of songs for guitar hero 1,2 and 3.
Everything is being sold under the christian banner in the name of profit. Any wonder why there are so many bible versions?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Back on topic, one of the reasons witchcraft is so popular nowadays, has to be how mainstream it's gotten. Turn to one of them kids channels like Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network and I bet that it won't take long for you to hear something about magic, wizards, "good" witches, dragons, and more. The Harry Potter series is much to blame for this. I for one, was an avid reader of Harry Potter. I use to love the series and fantasized about having the same powers the characters had. I couldn't understand why Christians were whining so much about the series and felt resentment towards them. When I myself became a born again believer (praise God), I just couldn't have those books. I was now myself a Christian and those books didn't feel right. I think the Holy Spirit was convicting me and I threw them away along with my other suspicious satanic garbage like my Pokemon games, etc. Witches been put on a good spot light using situations like the Salem Witch Trials to portrait them as victims of us "mean" Christians and shows like Charmed, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, and books like Harry Potter to portrait them as "good". With witches been portrayed as "good" and Christians been demonized by our insane satanic society each day, growth in their numbers can only be expected. God help us.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Bro. Parrish

I have rejected the Harry Potter materials since they came out.
I have noticed the newer movie trailers appear more dark and sinister, my son noticed this too. More here:
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/HP-Movie.htm