Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Bro. Parrish

I have a sermon from Bro. Ruckman somewhere on UFO's it's actually very good. According to that sermon he considers the flying roll of Zechariah 5 to be a U.F.O., we know there have been many reported sightings of cigar or cylinder shaped objects over the years, but who knows...

I don't know how anyone could deny the existence of U.F.O's, I have never seen one but these things have been seen by many law enforcement officers, top military and commercial pilots and tracked on radar for years. Sure a percentage are going to be hoaxes or natural phenomenon, but when you get out of the civilian realm, most of these guys don't play games when they are putting their jobs at risk. I think at least SOME of these guys have seen SOMETHING. Of course, U.F.O. simply means "unidentified" flying object, so that doesn't answer the question of WHAT they are seeing, and so there we are, in the same place we were with project Blue Book back in 1969. Out of over 12,000 Blue Book reports, 701 of them — about six percent — are still classified as "unknowns."
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I have a sermon from Bro. Ruckman somewhere on UFO's it's actually very good. According to that sermon he considers the flying roll of Zechariah 5 to be a U.F.O., we know there have been many reported sightings of cigar or cylinder shaped objects over the years, but who knows...

I don't know how anyone could deny the existence of U.F.O's, I have never seen one but these things have been seen by many law enforcement officers, top military and commercial pilots and tracked on radar for years. Sure a percentage are going to be hoaxes or natural phenomenon, but when you get out of the civilian realm, most of these guys don't play games when they are putting their jobs at risk. I think at least SOME of these guys have seen SOMETHING. Of course, U.F.O. simply means "unidentified" flying object, so that doesn't answer the question of WHAT they are seeing, and so there we are, in the same place we were with project Blue Book back in 1969. Out of over 12,000 Blue Book reports, 701 of them — about six percent — are still classified as "unknowns."
Well, there's the thing about UFOs my brother, they're all unidentified. I don't believe they are aliens from outer space living in far away galaxies who are visiting us. No, I believe they are either government top secret crafts, angelic activity (could be GOD's angels or the devil's), or the strong delusion that GOD promised to send on the last days. I use to believe in aliens when I was lost, but now that I'm saved, I don't see any reason to believe in them. However, I have to appreciate the irony of the situation. Before I believed in aliens because it made more sense to me (with all the sightings of witnesses), and thought of giants as fairy tales characters. Now I believe in giants because the Bible says so and also because the proof I seen, and see aliens as either a satanic hoax or the strong delusion. How ironic...
Old 02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Well, there's the thing about UFOs my brother, they're all unidentified. I don't believe they are aliens from outer space living in far away galaxies who are visiting us. No, I believe they are either government top secret crafts, angelic activity (could be GOD's angels or the devil's), or the strong delusion that GOD promised to send on the last days.
Yes Rolando, I suspect perhaps a bit of all three have been involved over the years... a secret, unseen world of activity around us.

Food for thought:
Hollywood has programmed us to equate "aliens" with the silly notion of little green men, but do we not believe in Extraterrestrials? If you define that word as "life originating outside of the Earth," then would not God, Jesus, angelic spirits all qualify as Extraterrestrials... sure they would, at least in a manner of speaking. I remember Bro. Ruckman saying (I'm paraphrasing here) God just needs to sort this sin problem out here on Earth before we start populating other planets. Can't have sin stinking up the whole universe.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I remember Bro. Ruckman saying (I'm paraphrasing here) God just needs to sort this sin problem out here on Earth before we start populating other planets. Can't have sin stinking up the whole universe.
We are going to populate other planets? What for if we going to a new Earth and a new Heaven?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
We are going to populate other planets? What for if we going to a new Earth and a new Heaven?
Not sure, you'll have to ask Bro. Ruckman...
Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Eternity is a long time...eventually the righteous nations that have access to the New Jerusalem (Rev. 21:24) are going to overpopulate this place...they'll need someplace to go, dontcha' think?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:47 AM

Ruckman says that because the heavens are said to be divided according to the number of the tribes of Israel and given to the Gentiles. Well imagine that 12 tribes 12 divisions. Astrology is nothing more than Satan's deception God is the one who divided it and pagan people are the ones who perverted it.

And it will be populated by men with no sin just the way God wouild want it.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Eternity is a long time...eventually the righteous nations that have access to the New Jerusalem (Rev. 21:24) are going to overpopulate this place...they'll need someplace to go, dontcha' think?
How is that possible? According to Luke 20:33-35 we are no longer going to be given in marriage. Correct me if I'm wrong (with scriptures of course), but since we are not going to marry, I assume that we won't be reproducing either. If this true then the point of inhabiting other planets should not be overpopulation. Anyway, I'm yet to read the whole Bible so If I'm missing something, please do enlighten me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777
Ruckman says that because the heavens are said to be divided according to the number of the tribes of Israel and given to the Gentiles. Well imagine that 12 tribes 12 divisions. Astrology is nothing more than Satan's deception God is the one who divided it and pagan people are the ones who perverted it.

And it will be populated by men with no sin just the way God wouild want it.
Where in the Bible does it say this? Like I said earlier, I'm yet to read the whole Bible and would appreciate if you guys could tell me where to find this.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 PM

Rolando,

I think you misunderstand: in Eternity, there are still three groups.

Jews
Gentiles
The Church

The Church inhabits the New Jerusalem for eternity and do not reproduce.

The Jews have their eternal inheritance but are still completely human.

The Gentiles are divided into twelve nations, and the righteous nations are allowed to come into the New Jerusalem and partake of the Tree of Life. They are still human and will reproduce like normal.

Obviously, at this point the Gospel is the Everlasting Gospel (Rev. 14:6) as these humans will be able to actually SEE Jesus Christ in the New Jerusalem.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Rolando,

I think you misunderstand: in Eternity, there are still three groups.

Jews
Gentiles
The Church

The Church inhabits the New Jerusalem for eternity and do not reproduce.

The Jews have their eternal inheritance but are still completely human.

The Gentiles are divided into twelve nations, and the righteous nations are allowed to come into the New Jerusalem and partake of the Tree of Life. They are still human and will reproduce like normal.

Obviously, at this point the Gospel is the Everlasting Gospel (Rev. 14:6) as these humans will be able to actually SEE Jesus Christ in the New Jerusalem.
That is all new to me, I thought all saved have eternal life and so there is no need to reproduce. Also as Rolando said, we are not given in marriage as the Lord himself said.

Where are the verses to support the Jews being completely human, and the Gentiles being divided into twelve nations?

As for UFOs, I have seen them several times, two times very close (within 200-300 feet). I saw them in detail and do not believe them to be military aircraft. I was raised near airbases my entire young life, my father was an aircraft technician for the military. I have seen just about everything out there, and trust me, these craft were like nothing I have ever seen. I saw a craft in '73 when I was 19 years old at the beach in Florida where I lived. It was your traditional saucer shape (like two saucers laid together). It appeared to be a solid object and glowed a bright orange (this was at night). It was just a few hundred feet (at it's closest approach) from me and probably no more than 200 feet altitude, it made no noise whatsoever. When I first saw it, it was travelling north along the beach just above where the water meets the shore. It was going very slow, 30-40 MPH at most. I know this because there was a car driving up the beach, the UFO was directly above it. I could see the reflection of the UFO in the water. The car turned up an exit ramp and left the beach, the UFO continued straight toward me. I got a little alarmed, then I saw a man standing on the boardwalk smoking a cigarette. I ran up to him and said "Look at that!". He had been looking straight out at the ocean and had not noticed this craft coming up the beach. He said, "What is that??". I said, "I think that is one of those UFOs!"

Then the craft stopped and hovered in place for about one minute. This was long before the Harrier jet that can hover in place (besides, they are super-loud). As we watched, the craft appeared to change shape. It just sort of morphed and became a long rectangle. Then, very suddenly, the craft shot off at amazing speed, so fast it was a blur. It almost appeared like stretching a piece of taffy. It must have been going many thousands of MPH, faster than any aircraft I have ever seen. It turned into a little orange ball and travelled over the horizon. It left a long orange vapor trail that took several minutes to fade away. The man asked if it was a rocket, as Cape Kennedy was only about a hundred miles south. I told him I had seen rockets from Cape Kennedy many times (and I have) and they do not hover in place, and they do not move that quickly either. The man asked me if I was going to tell anybody, I said I didn't know who to tell.

I went home and told my father, but he was half-asleep, I don't think he heard me. Next day I told some co-workers who laughed at me. That embarrased me and made me a little angry. But, fortunately for me, several other people saw this UFO and reported it, there was a brief report on our local radio.

I don't care what anybody says, I am a careful observer, and I know what I saw. This was not some little light moving across the sky at a distance. This thing was close, and very easy to see in detail. It broke all the laws of nature, it produced no sonic-boom. If we had aircraft that could do that, it would kill the occupants to accelerate to tremendous speed from a stand-still. It was instantaneous.

Despite this, I do not believe in aliens from other planets whatsoever. The Bible says Eve is the mother of all living. I do believe these beings and craft are spiritual, and that is why they can defy our natural laws. I personally think they are evil, and I believe they are a delusion sent by Satan to fool unbelievers in the last days. They perform several deceptions, for one, they make people believe in evolution, or that life originated here from space people who colonized the Earth thousands of years ago. Either way, it causes people to disbelieve the creation account in Genesis. I also believe that UFOs might be how Satan explains how all the Christians suddenly disappear at the Rapture. Just watch TV and you will see UFOs beam people aboard. I think this is the very idea Satan wants people to believe. When all the Christians suddenly disappear, Satan will just say the UFOs took everyone away. I could be wrong on this, but that is my belief at present concerning UFOs.