General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Lightbulb introducing myself

Hi guys – I’m new to this forum (well, any forum really!) My name is Paul from the UK & like many a new believer I was told (that it could be “proved” from the Greek, etc) that the modern versions were more accurate than our beloved Bible. I not only believed this but started to preach it (may God forgive me) convincing myself that this is the “scholarly thing to do”. I read, the NASB from cover to cover and was quite comfortable & confident that I possessed the most accurate representation of “the originals!”
That was, until someone gave me a tract to read from Jack Chick’s ministry. That started me to seriously question my stance. After which, a teacher at the Bible college that I was attending advised me to read D.A. Carson’s book on the KJB. I did so & became confused. After a time a bought the “KJV only controversy” by James White which I also read a couple of times. It sort set my mind at peace for a time – so I continued reading the NASB until one day I cried out to God to show me the truth on this matter as I do not want to miss represent Him (especially when I am teaching His word). In no time at all I came across the audio series by James Knox which really settled it for me!

Once I had shifted sides – I felt ill equipped and had great difficulty qualifying my convictions – that is until (through diligent research) I came across the likes of Jeffery Koo, Will Kinney & the other guy from exorthodoxforchrist.com. I must say a big thank you to these men, as many of the tough questions that Bible believing Christians face from none Bible believing Christians are answered by these men.
I don’t know whether any of you are aware of another guy called Professor Walter Veith – he defends the KJB in his video series that is available on google video.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Default Re: "introducing myself"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Hi guys – I’m new to this forum (well, any forum really!) My name is Paul from the UK & like many a new believer I was told (that it could be “proved” from the Greek, etc) that the modern versions were more accurate than our beloved Bible. I not only believed this but started to preach it (may God forgive me) convincing myself that this is the “scholarly thing to do”. I read, the NASB from cover to cover and was quite comfortable & confident that I possessed the most accurate representation of “the originals!”
That was, until someone gave me a tract to read from Jack Chick’s ministry. That started me to seriously question my stance. After which, a teacher at the Bible college that I was attending advised me to read D.A. Carson’s book on the KJB. I did so & became confused. After a time a bought the “KJV only controversy” by James White which I also read a couple of times. It sort set my mind at peace for a time – so I continued reading the NASB until one day I cried out to God to show me the truth on this matter as I do not want to miss represent Him (especially when I am teaching His word). In no time at all I came across the audio series by James Knox which really settled it for me!

Once I had shifted sides – I felt ill equipped and had great difficulty qualifying my convictions – that is until (through diligent research) I came across the likes of Jeffery Koo, Will Kinney & the other guy from exorthodoxforchrist.com. I must say a big thank you to these men, as many of the tough questions that Bible believing Christians face from none Bible believing Christians are answered by these men.
I don’t know whether any of you are aware of another guy called Professor Walter Veith – he defends the KJB in his video series that is available on google video.

Aloha PaulB,

Welcome to the AV1611 Bible Forums brother.

I think you will find that we are hospitable to all genuine Bible believers - even if we might disagree on some Biblical "issues".

On the other hand there are a whole lot of "kooks", "crazies", and "crackpots" out in the world today, and once in a while one of them will land on our Forum. We do NOT welcome them with open arms, and will not "put up" with them for very long.

This Forum is quite tolerant of the brethren (regardless of Denomination or Sect), but there a few things that some of us have difficulty with:

1. Correction of the King James Bible and a corresponding disrespectful (demeaning) attitude towards it.

2. Personal slanderous attacks and mudslinging. Or Name Calling (without corresponding proof) and treating Forum members disrespectfully.

3. Out and out HERESY (and of course that includes Hereticks and False False Teachers).

There are quite a few really fine brethren here from all over the world, I hope your stay hear will be both edifying and profitable.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Hi, PaulB. You are most welcome to this forum. Will Kinney has been a blessing to me. I love to see the KJBO critics' arguments crushed into powder by Will's pen. You may want to check out forum member bibleprotector's website if you haven't done so already, he has excellent information, as well.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Greetings and welcome brother Paul!

I hope that you will be blessed by your interactions on this Forum. I have learned much and this Forum has been a blessing for me.

I would recommend that you look at the thread under the topic "Bible Versions" and the sub-heading of "Favorite King James Defense Books" - the responses there will give you a wide range of books that can get you started in knowing how to trust in and defend and uphold the KJV Bible.

Again, welcome to you!

Jassy
Old 06-15-2009, 06:50 PM

Welcome brother Paul!

I have (and am) learning so much since I've been here. This is a wonderful group of people.

You will find a plethera of KJB resources and information here as well as links to more!

There are also some good KJ defense sermons on sermonaudio.com
I think Samuel Gipp has some there. There may be some older ones too - like from Jack Hyles for instance.

God bless you!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Howdy do Paul glad, to have ya!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Brother Paul,!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 PM

Hello from Alabama in the United States. We lead the US in elliterassy.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 AM

Welcome PaulB!

AMR
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 AM

God bless you and welcome to the Forum of Bible Believers