Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Default The Tesimony of a Saved Man

"And he departed and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel." Mark 5:20

We all have a testimony if we know the Lord as Saviour. I often think about how it doesn't matter what kind of life we have lead before we got saved, we all come to Him the same way, realizing we are a sinner and Jesus is the only way to eternal life. I was reading this passage about the maniac of Gadara and he too had a testimony.

Jesus saved this wild man, casting legion of un-clean spirits out of him, and commanded him to go home to his friends and tell them the Lord had compassion on him and done great things for him. He went rejoicing and told the story with great gladness.

The testimony was simple: This new-made Christian did not know much about theology,(me neither) homiletics,(me neither) history, (me neither) language,(me neither) poetry,(me neither) but he knew the Lord and what he had done for him. This simple message (and I'm all for simple) is what the world needs now.

The testimony was sincere: It must have taken a most sincere messenger to go to the people of the ten heathen cities to tell of the wonderful work of the Lord so the people would listen. The sincerity of this man appealed to the people. His sincerity commands itself to all Christian workers.

The testimony was successful: This man so stirred the people of this region that all desired to see and hear Jesus. In a few days when Jesus came this way again, thousands of people gathered about Him on the mountain and listened to Him all day. Eternity alone can tell the success of this one messenger and his simple and sincere testimony to the saving power of Christ.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-08-2009, 01:33 AM

AMEN! Glory to God! God has done an unfathomable work in all of our lives. It is hard not to be overwhelmed with it all at times. Some folks are lucky to have lived a relatively decent life before coming to Christ. Whereas others come from a background as a frothing at the mouth lunatic full of sin and shame and have a great deal to be thankful for. And we are so very thankful...

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Those of you that frequent youtube might notice this "phenomenon". Testimonies are no longer about how Jesus saved them. Testimonies are now subtle and not so subtil rebukes at other Christians, about how Jesus saved them "more", and that other Christians are lesser because they still sin. The focus becomes the flesh.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
AMEN! Glory to God! God has done an unfathomable work in all of our lives. It is hard not to be overwhelmed with it all at times. Some folks are lucky to have lived a relatively decent life before coming to Christ. Whereas others come from a background as a frothing at the mouth lunatic full of sin and shame and have a great deal to be thankful for. And we are so very thankful...

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Some of us come from a background somewhere in-between the two, lol.

Another testimony, similar to the maniac of Gadara, comes from the woman at the well in John 4.

Joh*4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
Joh*4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

I think a testimony should be simple, and should remain focussed on Christ.

2Co 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

All glory to God!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn1 View Post
Some of us come from a background somewhere in-between the two, lol.

Another testimony, similar to the maniac of Gadara, comes from the woman at the well in John 4.

Joh*4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
Joh*4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

I think a testimony should be simple, and should remain focussed on Christ.

2Co 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

All glory to God!
AMEN

Peace and Love,
Stephen