Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
So does that mean that Dr. Gipp recieved his degree from Pensacola Bible Institute?
Actually Ruckman was speaking about himself. (see my edited post)
I gave you a link to Gipp's site, why not contact him if you're that curious... then again you could always sign up at Ruckman's school if you really want a Bible education.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 PM

Default In a wrong thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Again this has nothing to do w/ the topic of this thread, but...

I don't know that i have presented myself in such a way, Steven. I asked a question. That doesn't present anything about me other than I am curious and inquisitive.

I do hope to be "discussing the Bible, scripture, the grievous ERROR of modern versions through corrupt, philosophy leavened texts or indeed anything with us." I just had a question and wanted to know. I thought this might be a good place to find out. I am sure many of you know Dr. Gipp or at least about him.

Sir,

I guess you are in the wrong thread where you post this. You are in the thread Bible version. This is no way of studying "Theological issues" and I see no profit at all to this kind of your post. Who cares anyway, if you have website full of information but against the Word of God. .
Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 PM

If GT can make it through the gauntlet of this forum and still have some hair and hide left, I'll give him a Th.D too.

You meanies that keep picking on him about his "extreme" position, take a look at his picture! He's a BABY still. Wet behind the ears and green top-to-bottom. He'll wake up one day and realize that the degrees really don't matter all that much, unless one is intending to turn them into cash or men's praise. My father always downplayed his Th.D, though it was a very tough process to complete for him as a pastor of a small church with little income or time.

GT has roots in the KJB. One day he will see the truth. I feel confident about that. That change will be delayed by the beatings, however. Brethren! Smile, shake his hand, pat him on the shoulder, and let him know you love his fervor. Then if you feel the need to, pop him on the back of the head when he's not looking.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:47 PM

then well, I have to bow and pray for him...It's not yet the end of his road. GT, I will be praying for you...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Bro. Parrish

Greektim, things can get a bit harsh here sometimes. I want to encourage you to keep learning and seeking God's truth, I do hope you will do as Bro. Tim has suggested and return to your roots in the KJB.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
If GT can make it through the gauntlet of this forum and still have some hair and hide left, I'll give him a Th.D too.

You meanies that keep picking on him about his "extreme" position, take a look at his picture! He's a BABY still. Wet behind the ears and green top-to-bottom. He'll wake up one day and realize that the degrees really don't matter all that much, unless one is intending to turn them into cash or men's praise. My father always downplayed his Th.D, though it was a very tough process to complete for him as a pastor of a small church with little income or time.

GT has roots in the KJB. One day he will see the truth. I feel confident about that. That change will be delayed by the beatings, however. Brethren! Smile, shake his hand, pat him on the shoulder, and let him know you love his fervor. Then if you feel the need to, pop him on the back of the head when he's not looking.
Brother Tim, you of all people should know that anything said to Tim is a rebuke of posts that come within a wiff of promoting "the greek" and theology to correct the Bible. It is hard to not "pick apart" anyone who joins and from their own website says they are extremely against what we believe.
However, by the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ I will give Tim the benefit of the doubt, and see where his posts lead him, Yes he is young, but that is even more troubling for me, I am 10 years older and I want to be saying to my Brothers In Christ
"Brothers stand with me, Stand fast in the frontline, sharp swords drawn ready for honouring our Lord and Saviour and his word"
not
"Maybe we will miss the battle if we stay in the Library"

I pray also that what he may learn may lead him into the truth, but I fear what he has already learned (From his website) his own wisdom is preventing him.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1 Corinthians 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:18 PM

Default Re: "Sam Gipp's degree"

Quote:
Can I ask why you joined this forum? You by your own admission from your website are
"extremely against the KJV only view. "
Now from the get go we on this forum can see your agenda, you are not here to discuss anything, but you are here to try and persuade a group of Born again Bible believers that their choice of One Book is wrong.
Aloha brother Steve,

You asked GREEKtim (the "name" says it ALL!): "why you joined this forum?" This remains a great "mystery" with me also. WHY? Why do King James Bible DENIERS join this Forum? And WHY do they always try to represent themselves as being "NEUTRAL", when all along they have a VICIOUS BIAS against God's Holy word? (i.e. - "I am extremely against the KJV only view.") I wouldn't "think" of joining his (or their) Forum - WHY do they come here? WHAT do they hope to accomplish? {They sure aren't here to "edify" the brethren! }

And you will notice - they are always so "NICE"; so "SMARMY"; so "INGRATIATING"; and sooo "POLITE" and "HUMBLE"! It's enough to make a grown man sick! Check out where a young man has gone to college or "bible" school and, nearly all the time, you can tell what he believes.

These so-called "bible" schools and "christian" colleges are turning out the same cookie cutter graduates (by the hundreds) who "regurgetate" what they have learned from their apostate "theological professors" - and yet, they have no idea WHERE God's word is, or WHAT it is. But they are absolutely SURE of one thing - that it can't be the King James Bible, and they are willing to join a "AV1611 Forum" and "innocently" try to pass themselves off as "neutral" observers, while all the time harboring an "extreme" bias against the Book that most of us believe in and honor.

Does the word disingenuous come to mind? Does the word deceitful come to mind? Does the word SUBTLE come to mind? These kind of "Christians" literally make me sick! I can put up with drunks, dopers, and ordinary every day sinners (like me), before I can put up with a pretentious "Christian" that is two-faced and full of GUILE!

DUPLICITOUS and FEIGNED conduct on the part of a "Christian" (a "pastor" at that) is not only inappropriate and unbecoming, it also dishonors the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and is a reproach to the ministry to which "greektim" is supposedly called.

If you doubt what I have said about Humanistic influence on today's churches and "Christian" education, you only have to read greektim's Threads & Posts, and his "responses" to others on the Forum to see the results!

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM

I agree Brother George

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Time and time again on this forum we get those who join and by their own admission disagree and are against (extremely in this case) in essence what this forum is about, Bible believing Christians discussing Bible believing issues, comparing spiritual things with spiritual with the greatest teacher we can ever have or need.
Now if Tim had joined, willing to acknowledge the truth of the matter or at least be impartial and willing to be reconciled with the truth, there certainly wouldn't be GreekTim in his name and their certainly wouldn't be his web address promoting the "Greek" and theology
Quote:
Does the word disingenuous come to mind? Does the word deceitful come to mind? Does the word SUBTLE come to mind? These kind of "Christians" literally make me sick! I can put up with drunks, dopers, and ordinary every day sinners (like me), before I can put up with a pretentious "Christian" that is two-faced and full of GUILE!
Again I agree wholeheartedly, I can witness to drunks, dopers and every day sinners and receive some respect in many cases (Because I used to be one of them, I understand them and I know that my time spent as lost and hopeless as they are, was for Gods Glory), but when I approach any Christians on the Bible version issue, I get looks that even the dopers, drunks and worldly people don't even give me. In fact my Mother was talking to a lady who wasn't even saved who stopped going to her local church because the new versions didn't sound like the bible,
"faith cometh by hearing"
she knew that the KJB was the word of God and she wasn't even saved (well seed is planted let the spirit of God do the rest)

Also in comparison to recent joins to the forum, Clint Boyer, Boaz, niteowl1611, and that wonderful testimony from jaqui2411 (If I missed anyone forgive me) who have in contrast came with an open mind and an open heart and as genuine believers seeking the truth and have embraced and digested the clear irrefutable evidence that God preserved his word, for today in the KJB

In all honestly I shall make my time more applicable to the lost sinners destined to an eternal hell unless they accept Christ rather than watch as my Brothers in Christ shoot themselves in the foot with their defective weapons preparing for battle!

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 05-06-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post

Aloha Brother Tim,

If you can show me (from the Scriptures) where the Lord Jesus Christ ever dealt with a 25 year old MAN (not a child) in the manner in which you are suggesting, I will do exactly that. But if you cannot demonstrate (from the Scriptures) that what you are suggesting (i.e. handle him with kid gloves) is the "scriptural" way to deal with him, then I will continue "to calls them as I sees them". {Check out Matthew 19:16-22 - The Lord didn't cut that young man "any slack", because he was "young" - and neither should we.}

The idea that young men (a "pastor" in this case) can be EXCUSED for their wrong doing or sin comes from Humanistic Psychiatry/Psychology and has NO BASIS in the Holy Bible. In spite of what our "culture" believes - "Childhood" does NOT extend into a person's 20's. In the Old Testament a male of twenty years of age was considered to be a man and was required to defend his country (Israel), if he was able, as a soldier - and NOT as a child, but as a MAN! [Numbers 1:3 From twenty years old and upward, all that are able to go forth to war in Israel: thou and Aaron shall number them by their armies.]

And not only that, but the priests of Israel "did the work for the service of the house of the LORD, from the age of twenty years and upward." [1 Chronicles 23:24]

And so we have the Biblical testimony (Definition) as to what age God considers a young male - A "MAN". Today when a young man goes into the ministry, he is supposed to faithfully "serve" the Lord and "minister" to the Lord's "house" (i.e. the church); and he is also going into a "war". This "work" is for MEN - NOT Children. Children DID NOT DO "the work for the service of the house of the LORD" and they DID NOT GO TO "WAR". If "greektim" is to be treated as a "child" - he shouldn't be in the ministry, if he is going to be in the ministry, then we shouldn't be treating him as a child!

The willingness to "go easy" on those who name the name of Christ - just because they are considered young, is foreign to Scripture and is a recent development from our Humanistic society. {Remember Jordan?}

I tend to "go easy" on the lost (most of them don't know better) and on "new" Christians (who are babes in Christ) as long as they are "sincere", but those who have been saved for some time (especially "pastors") are without excuse!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM

I think Brother Tim is alluding not to going easy on me but being kind in your speech (cf. 2 Tim. 2:25-26).

Let me express that my handle does not express everything about me. I should have signed under as Timotheos (which is Greek for Timothy ala Greektim). There is a story behind it and not an agenda. If you care to hear me explain it, then I will be happy to. But since it corresponds to my email, I chose it.

To answer why I joined this forum since I am not KJVO, I have said already so that iron can sharpen iron. Even if we disagree on the translation of choice, believe it or not we have very many similar theological views which we can edify from each other. And by the way, I did ask if one had to be KJVO to join. If I was told that it would be fruitless on all parties to do so, then I would not be here.

Brethren, I do covet your prayers. If I am in error on any theological position, it is not my desire to stay in error. While at this time I do not believe I am wrong, I know my knowledge is not perfect and I am constantly learning every day. The fact that I am willing to come here to discuss these things should show you that I am open to the truth. I don't think it is wrong to say that I am extremely against a theological view just as you are the same.

And George, I am seeking to be polite because even the Bible says in so many places that our conversation should be seasoned with salt & etc... If you don't like Christian discussion bathed in love, then I don't think you have given the entire counsel of God its due consideration. I don't mean to sound lovey-dovey, but I still want to be courteous to my brethren. And considering my past, it is very easy to slip back into a form of speech that is not edifying nor glorfying to God. So I would rather not stumble in that regard.

And to Fredoheaven, I put this thread in this part of the forum (Bible versions) b/c Gipp is such a staunch defender of the KJV. I thought it would be highly appropriate here, especially considering the direction this discussion has turned.