Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Tim from your website

"I am extremely against the KJV only view."

How is that not an indication to us of your agenda? are you here to be led into the truth, that God HAS preserved his words in just one book? Or are you here to show us that he hasn't? which is it.
I certainly wouldn't be "on your case" or "picking your views apart" if you were not entirely sure about "which Bible" or not convinced "in your own mind" of where God has preserved his word. But in all evidence from your website you have "made up your mind" on these matters and any discussion with us is most certainly not going to change your course on the matter.
Which leads to the question
"Is your posting going to be edifying or profitable?"

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Advocating any modern version or its underlying text on this forum my Friend is never going to sharpen my countenance

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Asking where someone got their degree is such an old, flimsey attempt to undermine something a teacher puts forth that they don't like.

They tried to do it to Kent Hovind, for example. They just plain couldn't deal with his facts and rock-solid position against evolution, so they would resort to ad-hominem attacks about where he got his degree.

Personally, I don't know where Gipp got his degree, and couldn't care less, the man is sharp, smart, and tears up humanistic textual criticism in any form. Nobody can counter the truth.

Pro 21:30 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.

And, posting a link to your website that clearly outlines your stance, you should expect that a bunch of zealous Internet-using Christians would check it out. Your agenda was stated when you wrote your signiature.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN G View Post
Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

1Co*2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Where did he recieve his ThD? I am very curious. Was it from Ruckman's school?
I recall Dr. Ruckman speaking once of the few doctorate degrees he has issued. As far as I know, Dr. Gipp did receive it from Dr. Ruckman primarily for this reason...

http://www.daystarpublishing.org/sho...?productID=161

But if it's your business to undermine his belief in the King James Bible, don't bother. I've seen your "stuff", and it doesn't compare. In plainer words, you can't touch him.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:45 PM

Okay, Okay, Okay! Enough already!

I admit it. I printed a Th.D degree for Bro. Sam in trade for an autographed copy of his book, Gipp's Understandable History of the Bible, and a freedom tote bag! Satisfied?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 View Post
Asking where someone got their degree is such an old, flimsey attempt to undermine something a teacher puts forth that they don't like.

They tried to do it to Kent Hovind, for example. They just plain couldn't deal with his facts and rock-solid position against evolution, so they would resort to ad-hominem attacks about where he got his degree.

Personally, I don't know where Gipp got his degree, and couldn't care less, the man is sharp, smart, and tears up humanistic textual criticism in any form. Nobody can counter the truth.

Pro 21:30 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.

And, posting a link to your website that clearly outlines your stance, you should expect that a bunch of zealous Internet-using Christians would check it out. Your agenda was stated when you wrote your signiature.
Just so you know, I was not seeking to undermind Dr. Gipp in the least by his degree or where it came from. I am sure he had to work hard for it. I would never seek to undermind such a thing. I am just CURIOUS. I do not think that is a sin, although the way I have been attacked for asking one might think otherwise.

YOu speak of Dr. Hovind as if I detest him and his degree too. It seems you are lumping me incorrectly with other non-KJVO's that you have met. I have bought all of Hovind's 7 disc series as well as one of his debates. I enjoy listening to Dr. Hovind. In fact, I had my youth group watch some of his videos. In other words, I used his materials for ministry (shock!!!).
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
I recall Dr. Ruckman speaking once of the few doctorate degrees he has issued. As far as I know, Dr. Gipp did receive it from Dr. Ruckman primarily for this reason...

http://www.daystarpublishing.org/sho...?productID=161

But if it's your business to undermine his belief in the King James Bible, don't bother. I've seen your "stuff", and it doesn't compare. In plainer words, you can't touch him.
Well thank you for keeping me humble, sir. These statements are the reasons I want to know more about Dr. Gipp. I'd be the first to admit that he & Dr. Ruckman have a higher i.q. than myself. If he is as good as you say, then I want to know where he got the education he got. Maybe I would seek the same thing. But since I can only get negativity and critical attacks, I will never know.

PS - I don't think you really have seen my "stuff" (Matt. 7:20). That is, unless you visited my church...
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Okay, Okay, Okay! Enough already!

I admit it. I printed a Th.D degree for Bro. Sam in trade for an autographed copy of his book, Gipp's Understandable History of the Bible, and a freedom tote bag! Satisfied?

LOL, I once heard Bro. Ruckman say "putting a doctorate on me was like putting whipped cream on an onion." Bro Tim, I sent you a PM by the way...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-06-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
LOL, I once heard Bro. Ruckman say putting a doctorate on him was like putting whipped cream on an onion. Bro Tim, I sent you a PM by the way...
So does that mean that Dr. Gipp recieved his degree from Pensacola Bible Institute?