Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Posts like these give the KJVO crowd a bad name and ruin your testimony. Fortunately, there are those who are kind-hearted and can discuss issues without the ad hominem attacks. I praise the Lord for your zeal for God's Word, but you are ready to call down fire from heaven when Jesus' method is love and deliverance (cf. Luke 9:51-56). As a personal testimony, the person with whom I have had the best dialogue with and have been challenged the most by is the perosn who has spoken to me with respect and honest debate yet rebuked me when I got out of line. It is from someone like this that will ever have an impact with people like me.
Come on, really?
I went to one of the links about Solabiblia and to be honest its the last time I will go to your forum, its fruitless and pointless for me to do so, but I would just like to point out the infantile nature of you all over there and the obvious malignity from those posts

Quote:
Posted by Ransom (The guy with the freemasonry skull & Bones avatar)

Wow . . . the KJV drones on that thread are so ignorant, it actually hurts my brain.

And people wonder why I mock these idiots rather than actually try to reason with them.

Scott
No scripture, just hate.
Quote:
Posted by SAWBONES (who apparently lurks here a lot)

Too true in many cases, unfortunately.

I keep perusing that site, hoping for something of interest, but tidbits are few and far between.
I think it has a sort of morbid fascination, though.

So much contented, even luxuriant wallowing in ignorance ("Ah'm just a simple man, with simple beliefs, and I don't know nuthin' about no 'teks-tyu-al crit-ee-sis-um', but ah know the King James Version is the only Bible, and that all the other versions are just crap"), not to mention the frequent grammar errors, punctuation errors and misspellings!

Sycophantically spouting the "Party Line" over there always results in posts of approbation from the regulars, while asking any sort of question about the KJV results in instant interrogation ("why are you really here, so-and-so?") and suspicion from the same crowd.

Not much fun. They even seem to eat their own from time to time
Wow, what can I say about that poisonous venom, I will assume the bold is mocking me for claiming to be a simple man, how dare me. Now its down to criticizing bad spelling and grammar
Lots of love from there then Tim?

Quote:
Posted By Ransom in response to Chaplain Paul
Chapped-lip Paul said:

"Now therefore be ye not mockers..." - God, in Isaiah 28:22

Bible verses quoted by purveyors of false doctrine carry no credibility.

And those who mock God by teaching stupidity have no business telling others not to mock.

And finally, Because they are so infantile over there when a man is sincere about not being well educated or able to speak Greek or Hebrew, I
MAKE NO APOLOGY for stating that I am not a well educated man yet I clearly have more discernment than a lot of you.

Quote:
Here are a couple of nuggets from a guy who is obviously scared to death of educated people:

Posted by Jackieboy
Ah sure just leave them there to their manuscripts and intellect

And the "Aw shucks I'm just a good ole boy" defense--same poster.

Why don't you stay on your forum and discuss your textual beliefs and theology and use your fancy words I truthfully don't understand, I don't understand as much as you all do in regards to texts, Greek, Hebrew, my IQ is not high, I am a simple man and I do not take kindly to those of a Higher intellect coming here and telling me I am wrong for trusting that God preserved his word in the KJB, blinding me with your intellect

I think he's confusing intellect with education
No I am not, there are many educated men on this forum who I look up to and they certainly try and explain the "weightier matters" in such a way as us less educated people can fathom. However many of your critic friends come in and try to appear "enlightened" on matters and puff themselves up with knowledge. However please don't demean me for being sincere, the Lord Jesus Christ knows my heart and knows I am a simple man and I make again NO apology to anyone for claiming this. I am blessed that the Lord has given me a humble spirit when before in my conversation in the world I was full of pride and arrogance.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Psalms 25:9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psalms 10:17 LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Now Greektim, I read one thread from your forums and Do you know what I felt so spiritually hurt by these things that I read that I am almost in tears, not because I am weak, no, because people write those things and have the cheek to do it while calling themselves a born again christian! Many get rebuked on this forum with "Holy Scripture" on your forum you men and I use that term lightly as you don't behave as men, have a real LACK of Holy scripture use in your posts and more "personal opinions" you behave like infants in a playground.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2 Timothy 3:1-5 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 05-15-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: grammar errors, spelling errors, and other stupid simple things
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-17-2009, 12:26 AM

Default Hi All

Hi everyone,
I was registered here last year sometime, but I had major pc problems, lost all my info password, etc, and couldn't log on. I opened a new account not to break rules, but simply because I couldn't figure out how to retrieve my old info. If a mod can help me recover all my old info, that would be great.I have been saved since 1991, and thru alot of 'stuff', the one thing I always knew was that God ws right, and I was wrong, EVERY TIME, and the Holy Bible IS the 1611 Authorized Version.

Anyway, in the past I have had dealings with robycop and the rest of the crew, I have had my email box spammed by the 'brethren', etc, etc. I do not know any Greek or Hebrew, and to be honest, do not feel the need to do so. I do have a pretty good working knowledge concerning manuscript evidence, and which readings are found in which manuscripts, and all of that. I have read most books on the subject as well. In the past I have handled myself pretty well with most of the folks who think that they can correct the KJV, or ANY version with the Greek. I have reasoned with them , dealing with the fact that there is no 'original greek' manuscripts on earth, etc, etc
Guess what? I don't debate anymore with them. I simply rebuke them. Know why? Because why in the world would I waste my time debating some practical atheist like robycop concerning something he has never seen? It would be like arguing with an atheist about God. I don't deal with people who quote Black is Beautiful out of context either. What is the point brothers, in dealing with a bunch of dirty Bible rejecting liars like that crew?
Honestly, let robycop, and the rest of the devils over there have fun in their greek sandbox. I KNOW at least, that I have a book that T KNOW IS the Scriptures.
NONE of those geniuses over there could say the same thing. Let them whine and spin and spit. All devil controlled Bible rejecting silly asses do the same thing
Let them go out in the graveyard and howl at the moon. They probably listen to ozzy osbourne anyway
Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatts1611AV View Post
I don't debate anymore with them. I simply rebuke them. Know why? Because why in the world would I waste my time debating some practical atheist like robycop concerning something he has never seen? ... What is the point brothers, in dealing with a bunch of dirty Bible rejecting liars like that crew?
Honestly, let robycop, and the rest of the devils over there have fun in their greek sandbox. I KNOW at least, that I have a book that T KNOW IS the Scriptures.
NONE of those geniuses over there could say the same thing. Let them whine and spin and spit. All devil controlled Bible rejecting silly asses do the same thing
Let them go out in the graveyard and howl at the moon. They probably listen to ozzy osbourne anyway
Gee, Slatts, do you think you could tell us what you REALLY think?

You used your very first post to do this? Why do you speak this way? There's no call for it. You call them devils and devil controlled Bible rejecting silly asses. I'm sure you think you can justify it, but I think you're way out of line. What you're doing is is not a rebuke, or an exhortation, or a correction and is not edifying in any way. There is no spiritual gift called ridicule. I can appreciate being angry and frustrated at these people; but be ye angry and sin not.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM

Slatts, I have to second Paul's admonition. Wrong is wrong, no matter who is involved, and you are stepping way over the line of godly rebuke into taunting and name-calling. Some of these of whom you speak are true brethren, though terribly misguided. Some are wolves, intent on tearing the sheep. The attacks won't diffuse them.

I do look forward to speaking with you face-to-face, but I cannot let your post stand unanswered.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Slatts, I have to second Paul's admonition. Wrong is wrong, no matter who is involved, and you are stepping way over the line of godly rebuke into taunting and name-calling. Some of these of whom you speak are true brethren, though terribly misguided. Some are wolves, intent on tearing the sheep. The attacks won't diffuse them.

I do look forward to speaking with you face-to-face, but I cannot let your post stand unanswered.

I will agree with both Brothers here, there are definitely some misguided brethren on that forum and as Tim stated there are plenty of wolves as well, but it is best to withdraw from them that are intent on trouble and avoid those who cause strife and division. To call them names is only adding fuel to the fire.
I don't know what they have said to you or emailed you about but we shouldn't match railing for railing only railing with rebuke (scriptural rebuke)

1 Peter 3:8-9 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It is hard I know not to let the carnal man take over when people are so vile and nasty to us, but as I am ever learning we heap coals of fire on their heads by not railing them back.

Proverbs 25:21-23 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Hello GreekTim,
I'm not sure where Dr. Samuel C. Gipp received his degree. I read his book "An Understandable History of the Bible" (about 500 pages) and I felt very blessed by reading it. It helped me to understand where the KJV came from and how BLESSED we are to have it! It doesn't matter to me where someone gets their degree from (or whether they even have one), as long as they're uplifting the TRUTH.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:35 PM

We've come back full circle..

People who read Gipp's work (and Vance's) will hardly be interested in where they got their degree. A degree does not automatically validate (in fact many degrees help to show their bias toward one particular theology or another) anything in their book. I am more interested in where they got their information and is it biblical and historically accurate.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Also, Sam is not the Gipper.

That's what he calls his wife!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:

You know, about two days after I posted that I realized I had stepped over the line....I was wrong in going so far overboard, so I fully accept the rebuke by you and others
Old 05-18-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Yes Brother Tim I too look forward to meeting you face to face as well, and I also accept your correction and admonition.
Slatts