Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 AM

Default Sam Gipp's degree

Where did he recieve his ThD? I am very curious. Was it from Ruckman's school?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:12 AM

Default Re: "Sam Gipp's degree"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Where did he recieve his ThD? I am very curious. Was it from Ruckman's school?
Greektim,

I wonder where Peter, James, and John got their "degree"? Where did Paul & Apollos "matriculate" and get their "degree"? Where did the Lord Jesus Christ get His "degree"? Hmmm? What difference does it make WHERE someone got his "degree" or whether he even has a "degree" or not? Hmmm?

Are only those with people with "degrees" QUALIFIED to teach and preach God's word? Are only those people with "degrees" to be listened to and all of the rest of the men whom God has called (without "degrees") to be ignored?

Do you know what Paul thought about his "degree"?

Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

I'm not going to give you the "modern translation" for what Paul "thought" about his "degree", but I will say that your snobbish, intellectual, and elitist approach to God's Holy word and to God's people is enough to turn my stomach!

Quote:
"Where did he recieve his ThD? I am very curious. Was it from Ruckman's school?"
WHO CARES? The question is: Is he preaching and teaching SOUND DOCTRINE? Is he a faithful minister of the Holy things of God? Is he an "example" of what a servant of the most high God should be? NOT - "WHERE DID HE RECEIVE HIS ThD"! It's too bad that you are not as CONCERNED about the TRUTH, as you are "CURIOUS" about about the QUALIFICATIONS of a minister of God!

If the Apostles were here would you ask that question about them? If the Lord Jesus Christ were here would you dare to question His "QUALIFICATIONS" - like the PHARISEES (before you) DID?

I'd advise you to get off of "your high horse", and take a good look at yourself:

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think;but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Talk about false accusations...

If Sam Gipp's degree didn't matter, then it would not be next to his name repeatedly on his website.

I am a very curious person. It gets me into trouble at times. But I don't see any problem w/ being curious about where he recieved his degree. You speak before you even understodd where I was coming from. YOu judged me without knowing my motives. Amazing how I can be rebuked for being inquisitive. I guess I should have prefaced my question as honest so as to avoid this. I don't know much about Gipp, so one way to learn about him is to see where he did his formal training. No big deal.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
I don't know much about Gipp, so one way to learn about him is to see where he did his formal training. No big deal.
Another way to learn about Bro. Gipp is to read some of his articles,
here is a list of those on his website:
http://samgipp.com/essays/
Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 PM

I've met Gipp and had breakfast with him. He was a gentleman and a scholar.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Bro. Parrish

FWIW, here's what Bro. Gipp has to say about Bro. Ruckman...
http://samgipp.com/answerbook/?page=46.htm
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM

Greetings GreekTim,
I assume you are the author, "Tim", of the website link below your name. In the profile of that name is seven sentences. Here is one:
"I am extremely against the KJV only view. "

Is this you? Correct me if I am wrong.

In Christ
Old 05-06-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN G View Post
Greetings GreekTim,
I assume you are the author, "Tim", of the website link below your name. In the profile of that name is seven sentences. Here is one:
"I am extremely against the KJV only view. "

Is this you? Correct me if I am wrong.

In Christ
I don't mind answering questions...in fact...I would love to discuss my views. But I just want this thread to stay focused on my question. I searched the net and cannot find my answer. I was hoping to find some help here.

Your answer, yes, that is me.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I don't mind answering questions...in fact...I would love to discuss my views. But I just want this thread to stay focused on my question. I searched the net and cannot find my answer. I was hoping to find some help here.

Your answer, yes, that is me.
If you are so strongly against what we stand for then why are you here? Don't give me this bunk, "I want to discuss the matter." blah, blah, blah...You are here because you have a set agenda and you want to prove that God's word(KJB) is not perfect.

I want to ask you a question. Where is your preserved word of God at? In corrupt manuscripts? Did they come from the Alexandria Cult? Are they in a new version "bible"?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 AM

I am afraid Tim presents himself as one of the many people we get joining the forum on a weekly basis, who have no intention of discussing the Bible, scripture, the grievous ERROR of modern versions through corrupt, philosophy leavened texts or indeed anything with us, but rather here to push "the greek" or scholarly wisdom and letters after mens names.

God gave me a Book, one book, to study and learn from, not from texts and ancient manuscripts.

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

I am so blessed to have these letters after my name

Steven Monahan. B O R N A G A I N