Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2009, 12:55 AM

I am going to take a note out of George's book.

1st post - CRITICISM
2nd post - CRITICISM

Who are you? Why should anyone listen to you. We don't know you, your testimony, or anything else about you. Where are you from? How did you find this place? Do you believe the KJB is the final authority and infallible etc.

As for the man you speak of, well, I don't know the whole story, only the short paragraph you have given me, which sounds like a sermon illustration of Ray Comfort's or some other lordship salvation preacher.

Furthermore, if that is true, and I have no reason to doubt that... I wonder what is missing from the story... why does this guy not go to church. Why does he go out and get drunk? And more importantly, why are you telling him he is lost because he sins. What are you expecting him to do? Look up to you and see a sinless man?

2Co 12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

This doesn't have to do with salvation. He already spent the entire first book and second book telling them everything that is wrong with the church, and he is warning them that if he comes and they are acting carnal still, well, he ain't going to be happy.

You quoted Acts 11:18 - why? It has the word repent in it, but it isn't relevant to what I said...

What do I care what Steven Anderson says. He isn't my pastor. He pastors some little church in Arizona. I don't even live in the same country. If he wasn't on youtube every other day complaining about his beating, noone would have heard of him. Same as Paul Washer, except washer seems to be more humble than to put videos of himself online. A bunch of his fans do it for him instead.

Seeing as your posts don't even address the actual thread (which was about tracts, not altar calls, prayers, carnal christianity or even steven anderson), one could come to the conclusion that you are here pushing your agenda!

And what agenda would that be?

The same one that I have been warning people about for about two years. That Ray Comfort and Paul Washer have begun a "revival" that spells the end of the end. That you define repentance by your own experience instead of what the Bible says.

I preach repentance. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. That's repentance right there. Turning to Jesus Christ. It's all an unsaved man can do. He can't stop sinning. He doesn't even want to stop.

Here is the fulfillment of Luke 24:47

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That's not the gospel.

The gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Tandy, there is no such thing as saving faith. The term occurs not once in the entire Bible. Faith is the channel by which God's grace is given to us. Faith is the means by which we receive salvation from God. But the OBJECT of faith is what saves. Jesus Christ is the object of faith. Faith in itself is not saving unless it is placed in Jesus. It's the object of the faith, not the quality.

Tandy - rather than joinin up and expecting everyone to just change because you say so, why don't you tell us about yourself? Are you a Bible believer? Are you a calvinist? Are you dispensational or reformed? Where are you from? How/when were you saved if you remember?