General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:25 PM

stephanos,

Quote:
please keep Romans 14 in mind next time you decide to speak out against a brother's use of the television.
Rom 14 has nothing to do whatsoever with TV or any other issue other than eating meat, slavery and holidays,. However if I ever address the of the issues of eating meat, slavery or holidays, I'll be sure to keep Rom. 14 in mind.

Here is what I said.

Quote:
I see it as only a waste of time, and nothing more.
I just said it was a waste of time, I never said it was a sin did I?

Many things are a waste of time. Vedio games are also a waste of time for an example. I just do not believe wasting time, many do. Many waste half of their life away on TV, vedio games and other time killing activities. That is their choice, I choose not to waste my time.

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-28-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
We are in the last days my friend, it is over. Also why do you watch any TV at all? Is there any thing we could call Christian TV without laughing ourselves silly? Christian TV, what a joke. Why anyone would even own a TV is beyond me. Atlas
Yeah I think most of us know it is over we only are waiting on the Lord to return. I would put my money on 2011 for the rapture(But no thus saith the Lord on that).

I don't watch it except to watch hand picked dvd like Creation science seminiars, Left behind things like that.

yeah most Christian TV is secular Christian TV at best.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
stephanos,

Rom 14 has nothing to do whatsoever with TV or any other issue other than eating meat, slavery and holidays,. However if I ever address the of the issues of eating meat, slavery or holidays, I'll be sure to keep Rom. 14 in mind.
Oh brother, give me a break. You're killing me here. I would hope you could see that there is far more to Romans 14 than just meat etc...

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 09-28-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Yeah I think most of us know it is over we only are waiting on the Lord to return. I would put my money on 2011 for the rapture(But no thus saith the Lord on that).

I don't watch it except to watch hand picked dvd like Creation science seminiars, Left behind things like that.

yeah most Christian TV is secular Christian TV at best.
I love this one Chette ^_^. I bet Christ comes for His Church just moments before 2012, lol!

You crack me up brother.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Hillbilly
As far as Clay Aiken (or how ever you spell it)goes, no big surprise there, my mom loved him (she does have cable), bought his CDs and everything else, I believe she's a little disappointed.
That's interesting: my mother loved him, too. But she's 92 now, and living in a world of her own, so she will be spared the disappointment of Aiken's "stunning revelation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777
does he claim to be a christian?
Yes, he does. He's from North Carolina, as I am, and prior to his "stardom," he was very active in the youth ministry at a large Southern Baptist church in Raleigh.

Now there's a nasty thought....
Old 10-03-2008, 06:02 AM

A Christian music artist admitted he was gay also. I can't remember his name Bolten or something like that.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Ray Boltz.

He wrote "I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb" and "Thank You for Giving to the Lord" or something like that.

When you read his website, it sounds as if he never was saved at all. I feel sorry for his family, who he left to pursue his 'gay' lifestyle.

http://www.rayboltz.com/

Very sad.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Ray Boltz.

He wrote "I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb" and "Thank You for Giving to the Lord" or something like that.

When you read his website, it sounds as if he never was saved at all. I feel sorry for his family, who he left to pursue his 'gay' lifestyle.

http://www.rayboltz.com/

Very sad.
Man, that is just awful.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 PM

It is shocking to hear that a christian singer openly admits that he is gay,if he claimed to be a christian,but than again i do not know much about him.
Not shocked when Rob Halford( Judas Priest),Freddie Mercury(queen) Elton John,Liberace came out of the closet. As you can see,Gayness has infiltrated all kinds of music.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
It is shocking to hear that a christian singer openly admits that he is gay,if he claimed to be a christian,but than again i do not know much about him.
Not shocked when Rob Halford( Judas Priest),Freddie Mercury(queen) Elton John,Liberace came out of the closet. As you can see,Gayness has infiltrated all kinds of music.
It is only going to get worse. I read http://www.wnd.com quite a bit and it's always got something about the sodomite agenda. I'm scared for the people that are buying into this wickedness. They need to take a lesson from the Word of our Lord:

Luke 17:32 (KJV) Remember Lot's wife.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen