General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM

Default Some Thoughts.

Hello Diligent. Yes - it is your website/forum page. You can do what you wish.

It is also on the world wide web, and so anyone with a monitor can see it. If they have a keyboard and a phone line... Look-out! Therefore it stands to reason that there will be kookburgers and gooney-birds who show up. { plus the "wolves-in-sheeps-clothing" mentioned by The Lord Jesus. }

I'm reminded of a great quote by Martin Luther on this topic: ... " I'm not responsible for the birds that circle my head,,, only for the ones that make a nest in my hair."

You didn't ask for suggestions, but I think there are several things which could be done before you "ban" someone or shut down the Forums.

A.) Months ago I mentioned the idea of putting people on "Warning" for 10 days,20,30, etc.. Put the word "On Warning" next to their name/avatar and the reason. Next step is a "Suspension" for 10,20, 30 days... unless the person deletes his/her heretical/idiotic posts and repents. { This system is used at a large site (Military themed) which I have been on since '04... It is a commercial site with ads, so they try to keep the "trash" off the Parade grounds---not easy with so many unregenarate people on the www.}

B.) If a person wakes up in the morning and clicks on the computer and finds out that they are "Banned" ... but the topic they started keeps getting replies (for several posts/pages and the person is unable to respond because they have been "Banned"... well that kinda seems like a cop using his baton (night stick) on someone after they are already handcuffed and shackled....IMO.

C.) If someone's posts don't square with Micah 6:8 then yes, "Ban" them!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:56 PM

Hello PB1789,

I'm not the moderator [ some should be happy about that! ]

but I think those are great suggestions!

I'd like to add one more suggestion: consistency

What is good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak

The draw back to consistency though is predicaments...

But we could certainly make Bro. Brandon's job easier if we would keep these things in mind:

I Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.