Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:51 PM

I don't go in for conspiracy theories or what someone determines may or may not be going on behind the scenes. At the end of the day when its all said and done I follow Christ, what his words teach me are beyond what any conspiracy and or theorist can tell me, in fact many theories will actually harm a babe in Christ because they will assume that it will "affect" them personally and start to dwell on theories and conspiracies more than the word of God.
I dont know who Alex Jones is, but from googling I see that his site is infowars? If I am right I cannot for the life of me find any scripture,or salvation message or testimony or anything related to The Gospel Of Jesus Christ, while this man may bring truth of whats happening in America, (which being from Ireland I am somewhat ignorant of) Where is his Gospel message ? Is he a Christian? these are genuine questions.

May I just add that as all these theories explode around us, the truth of the matter is, the world is drawing closer to the day that Christ returns and all the evidence we see without the help of conspiracy theorists shows that. I am comforted by the fact that My LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ has EVERYTHING under control

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-09-2008 at 12:57 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I will add, however, that God has blessed us beyond our understanding by allowing us to live in the greatest country on earth.
Absolutely!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Default Scott

2Ti*3:1
¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:2
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I think our plate is full enough without worring about conspiracies.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 AM

That's all I been saying to Scott.

But because he didn't like what I said about his man(which was all true) he felt the best way to respond was to say I was unloving and liken me to a Pharisee. it was absoltely childish.

and did you guys catch the hint of mid-tribulationism belief look at this quote from his last post against my statements. "My heart is sad with what judgment the precieved church is going to face in the great falling away, as they help facilliate the anti-christ and the system that will ensalve the world."

Thanks everyone for speaking up

Last edited by chette777; 09-10-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post

But because he didn't like what I said about his man(which was all true) he felt the best way to respond was to say I was unloving and liken me to a Pharisee. it was absoltely childish.

and did you guys catch the hint of mid-tribulationism belief look at this quote from his last post against my statements. "My heart is sad with what judgment the precieved church is going to face in the great falling away, as they help facilliate the anti-christ and the system that will ensalve the world."

Hi Chette,
I am not a mid tributlations, that I know of anyway.
All I can say now is time will tell.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post

Let me start by saying that I have no position on when the Church will be raptured. I've seen both the pretrib and midtrib positions stated in writing before, and even read once that Dr. Peter S. Ruckman believes in both.

I've really enjoyed brother Steve Anderson's videos on youtube, and he teaches midtrib. Here are a few of his links (I'm not trying to push this position, just state what I've learned about it).
http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/pre-tribulation.htm
http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/revelation1.htm
http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/pictoralchart.htm

Now that being said, could you guys help me to see why you are all so concrete in your pretrib interpretation. Please don't tell me to rightly divide, since that is ambiguous to say th least. I really am curious and would love to understand how one can show others that the rapture, without any doubt, is pretrib. You see, I've always believed in a pretrib rapture. That's what I've always been taught, but I've never been shown how this position came about, in light of the Scriptures. Also, is the great falling away 'the tribulation', or will this preceed the tribulation?

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Let me start by saying that I have no position on when the Church will be raptured. I've seen both the pretrib and midtrib positions stated in writing before, and even read once that Dr. Peter S. Ruckman believes in both. <<
Now that being said, could you guys help me to see why you are all so concrete in your pretrib interpretation. Please don't tell me to rightly divide, since that is ambiguous to say th least. I really am curious and would love to understand how one can show others that the rapture, without any doubt, is pretrib. You see, I've always believed in a pretrib rapture. That's what I've always been taught, but I've never been shown how this position came about, in light of the Scriptures. Also, is the great falling away 'the tribulation', or will this preceed the tribulation?
Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure? if this is the right thread to be on with this subject; but over in
Doctrines..the subject; THE KINGDOM OF GOD-THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.. George posted #4 and recommended a couple of books; Peter Ruckmans'...Sure Word of Prophecy / and David E. Walkers'...Bible Believers Guide to Dispensationalism. I googled Walkers' book, and it gave an excerpt
out of the book...scroll down and you'll find what you are looking for.
Its very informative about several subjects I'd been wondering about? So
this book will find its way in my library. Thank you so much, George

Blessings,

Billie
Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM

I am so rooted in the pre-tribulation translation because the tribulation is all about Isreal, the tribulation is when God will draw his Chosen people back to him.

I had a lot of scripture written here about this subject, and to be honest I just deleted it all for one reason, I believe in the translation of the Body of Christ where we will be "caught up" in the Clouds and ever be with our LORD.
This is how scripture speaks to my heart and thats all that matters to me. I will not entertain mid trib or post trib. I am rooted in what the LORD has shown this wretched sinner.
Simply ask great Brethren that are enduring tribulations as we speak, illness, persecution etc. Im sorry but My LORD will not let his Body go through the "Great Tribulation"
Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 PM

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

not to be troubled by the tribulation that is common to all. but that Tribulation which is the WRATH OF GOD, Jacobs trouble. we are saved from because Jesus already took the Judgement of our sins on himself anf paid the price.

for us to face judgement again in this world would be to trample on the cross of Christ.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Scott Simons

Default Martyrs

~The Fifth Seal - Martyrs
[KJV] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: Revelation 6:9

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

What an odd place to put the fifth seal, Probably because it is after the 1,2,3,4