Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Lively Stone

Bro: Jerry do you have any referance to back up the nonsense that you present as fact about the lost tribes of Israel. Do you just say whatever pops into your head. Don't you know you will be held accountable for teaching these things. How about some facts with referances.

Thanks Bro. Danny
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Lively Stone

Bro. Jerry

Quote:
The church up to that point in the book of Acts was mostly made up of Jews - safe to say, from the twelve tribes, which were then scattered abroad.
Again you are just making up incorrect statements. Jew refers only to one tribe and that is the tribe of Judah. So it is not safe to say what you say. Please study the matter some before posting incorrect information.

Bro. Danny
Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
jerry

Jews today refer to the nation of Israel - Jews in Bible times also referred to Israel. The Bible does not make the distinction you are trying to make.

What's with the hostility? Not enough caffeine this evening?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Lively Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Jews today refer to the nation of Israel - Jews in Bible times also referred to Israel. The Bible does not make the distinction you are trying to make.

What's with the hostility? Not enough caffeine this evening?
Bro. Jerry that has nothing to do with outlandish statements you made in your previous post that simply are not so. You seem to not be able to keep cohesion in your thinking and stay on point. No Caffeine no hostility, just no tolerance for ignorant statements and lack of respect for elders in the church.

Bro Danny
Old 02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Lively Stone

Quote:
We are spiritually heirs of Abraham - we inherit his spiritual blessings and promises, not his physical ones.
According to my recollection all the promises given Abraham were physical. That would me we are heirs to physical promises.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Lively Stone

http://members.tnns.net/wordweb/losttribe.htm
Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Lively Stone

Jewish Disapora

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/.../Diaspora.html
Old 02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lively Stone View Post
Bro. Jerry that has nothing to do with outlandish statements you made in your previous post that simply are not so. You seem to not be able to keep cohesion in your thinking and stay on point. No Caffeine no hostility, just no tolerance for ignorant statements and lack of respect for elders in the church.
Just because you disagree with me on doctrine doesn't make me ignorant.

I am not a member of your church - so whether you are some kind of pastor (if that is the sense you are using elder in) or not does not matter to me. This is a public message board, not a church, so you have no spiritual authority over anyone here whatsoever - and all that you say (as all that anyone here says) should be opened to be critiqued in the light of God's Word.

If you are using elder in the sense of an older, supposedly wiser Christian - you have no idea how old I am, so your statement is moot. Does what you say line up with the Word of God or not, that is what matters.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
jerry

Quote:
According to my recollection all the promises given Abraham were physical. That would me we are heirs to physical promises.
That is not what the Bible says. You are not Israel, nor a physical descendant of Abraham. What promises are ours to claim? Spiritual ones, not physical ones:

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

2 Peter 1:3-4 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 PM
jerry

Quote:
Hm, links to cult theology. For those who are interested, do research on how seriously off on doctrine the Shepherd Chapel is.

The doctrine that Christians today somehow are the lost tribes of Israel is called Anglo-Israelism, and is pure cultic nonsense. It is not Bible, and is false teaching. Some of the proponents of this doctrine are Herbert Armstrong and his Worldwide Church of God. We also see this junk promoted by Dan Brown, who wrote the book the Davinci Code to promote this and other false doctrines and to undermine the Bible and true Christianity.