General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Default Remember, remember....

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason why the gundpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."

I remember learning this rhyme as a young boy at School in England, however, we were never taught the reason behind the 'gunpowder plot'-I guess that's why most Roman Catholics also celebrated this day without knowing the in's and out's of the plot.

Guy Fawkes Day is the celebration of the foiling of a plot by the then reigning Pope and the British Jesuits that was meant to destroy parliament, murder King James I, and end the reign of Protestantism as the church of state in Great Britain (November 5, 1605) and the execution of Fawkes for treason (January 6, 1606.)

Fawkes planted barrels of gunpowder in the basement of parliament but thanks to God's providence the plot was uncovered by the authorities and Fawkes and the Jesuit instigators were arrested and executed.

We would celebrate by building a bonfire, fireworks and burning an effigy of Guy Fawkes.

Just think if the Jesuits had been successful Satan would have prevented us from having our beloved AV1611.

So forget about the election and let's celebrate the 5th November! Amen!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM

Dr.,

This is a holiday we do not celebrate in the USA. Only England and the nations that never separated celebrate this holiday as far as I know.

I'm so glad we won the war of independence. I'd also like to think my American forefather Jacob Anderson for doing what it took to kill the redcoats and free our nation from the oppression of England.

I think I'll celebrate Jacob Anderson and his work to give my family and nation their freedom or religion.

Atlas
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
aussiemama

I wish Guy Fawkes day WAS celebrated here. The KJB Christians certainly have something to celebrate.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
RND

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Dr.,

This is a holiday we do not celebrate in the USA. Only England and the nations that never separated celebrate this holiday as far as I know.

I'm so glad we won the war of independence. I'd also like to think my American forefather Jacob Anderson for doing what it took to kill the redcoats and free our nation from the oppression of England.

I think I'll celebrate Jacob Anderson and his work to give my family and nation their freedom or religion.

Atlas
Oy Vey!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Dr.,

Atlas
My dear friend my ancestors (Polacks) were abandoned by Sir Winston Churchill and President Roosevelt to the USSR, even though the 'free' Polish Army fought side by side with the British and Americans and helped the allies win WWII.

I remember my father telling me when the war ended the Polacks were the only ones not rejoicing because they knew that their beloved country had fallen into the hands of Stalin.

However, I hold no grudges and am proud to be a Citizen of the British Empire!

BTW your ancestors (unless they were from Europe) were British NOT Americans, in fact as you well know we are JAPHETHITES.

And one more thing your ancestors may have killed the Red Coats but they would be turning in their graves if they knew you have a HAMITE at the helm.

At least Britain and Australia are still run by JAPHETHITES!

Hey, you never know maybe next time around a RUCKMANITE may become president.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:40 PM

I forgot to buy fireworks. They are legal in NZ
Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
I wish Guy Fawkes day WAS celebrated here. The KJB Christians certainly have something to celebrate.
AMEN! You said it!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Dr.,

Atlas
I'm glad you know your family heritage; many people don't. My Mother's people were at Jamestown, but I don't know where they stood during the Revolution.

One of my favorite lines, however, comes from Will Rogers, the cowboy humorist of the 1920s. He was actually a full-blooded Cherokee. A high-class lady once said to him, "My ancestors came over on the Mayflower." Rogers replied, "Yup, and my ancestors were here to meet the boat!"

Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 AM

From what people in my family have been able to discover, our ancestors (LaRue) were French Huguenots who came to North Carolina (or South, I forget) to escape Catholic persecution in France. However, the family lines apparently go back further, to central Germany in the 1400s, and they left from there to go to France as a result of persecution as well. I'm not a protestant, but at least I can say that my ancestors weren't Catholics!!

I'm very thankful for the USA and the blessings God has bestowed on her through the years. I've actually contemplated a few radical (but Biblically-defensible) things in lament of my nation's bad decisions. But I won't rebel against the authority that God has allowed to come into power; as long as they don't try to make me go contrary to the Word of God, I have the responsibility to submit to them and honor God in the process.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 AM

Guys,

Most of the folks in the USA have no idea what Guy Fawkes day is. This is why I went with the Revolution topic. Everyone in the USA know what that is.

VR,

Quote:
I'm glad you know your family heritage; many people don't.

Here is his tax list from 1782, it's very cool. I have copies of this his army records and my family has some of his other papers such as land deeds and the likes.

The 1782 Montgomery County, Virginia Land Tax List

http://www.newrivernotes.com/va/mont1782.htm

Name Acerage Value Tax

Anderson, Jacob 100 10 2/

Anderson is a Scottish name. I also am a Clan Member, notice Clan and not Klan. I do not think I'll ever join the Klan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Anderson

http://www.clanandersonsociety.org

I love history!

Maybe George should join the Clan!!! My Clan even takes Jews, if they are an Anderson that is. We do discriminate against non-Anderson's for membership.

Atlas