Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:57 PM

Wonderful Post Brother Forrest, as always your insights and your posts remind me who it is all about, The Lord Jesus.
Quote:
This is very basic “doctrine” in the Christian life. Those of us who have been “redeemed” and “justified” know that we simply “believed in” and “received” the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins. He alone is the propitiation (He satisfied the Holy and just demands of God) for our sins. His blood was effectual then and it still is. That’s grace. That’s justification. That’s reconciliation. And it’s all by Christ alone.
to that

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Praise the Lord that Christ met the demands of the Father, his wrath was appeased so we, as wretched sinners could be redeemed to God. Jesus PAID the price in FULL

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Whats a wonderful example testifying to the FACT that Jesus died for the WHOLE WORLD (Chew on that one Calvinists)

Great post again Brother
God Bless
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 AM

thanks for another great post in this thread Forrest. what an encouragement you have been to me in these posts of yours.

you are definitely in his grip.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 PM

More Doctrine on Christian Living

"I'm worried!
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7)

We’ve all been told not to worry. We’ve each been reminded that Philippians 4:6 instructs us not to worry. But we all worry. What worry do you have this day? We all know the very real side of our humanity, don’t we? We worry about things that haven’t even occurred yet. We even worry that we can’t stop worrying.

You’ll receive no slap on the hand from me. When I say that I understand what you’re experiencing, I mean it. I’ve experienced those curled up, fetal position sleepless nights before. I’ve experienced sudden fear with no logical way of escape. I’ve come face to face with the reality that my physical condition will only get worse. I’ve accepted the fact that my marriage will never be the same and that it will fall way short of what I dreamed it would be as I approach 50 years old. I’ve accepted the fact that my relationship with my dear children is much different than what I expected it would be. And I’ve cried, mourned, bemoaned my circumstances, and complained. I know!

But I also know from the personal reality in my own life that Jesus Christ alone really is the solution to all your worries and fears. What does the scripture exhort us to do? Be careful (don’t worry) for nothing. In every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And what is the result? And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

This is genuine faith at its best. Do you believe God? I’m not asking if you feel like believing God. I’m not asking if every thing works out the way you expect will you believe God. And I’m not asking if you believe that God will give you exactly what you ask Him for if you do it in faith. I’m asking you if things remain the same or perhaps get worse, will you believe Gods word. Do you trust Him or not?

By faith, do not worry, in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God and the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Notice that Jesus Christ is the provision God will use to give peace, keep your heart, and keep your mind. Here is what I admonish you to purpose to do. When God allows a trial, test, or suffering to occur in your life—wait. Personally, I know how very difficult this can be; especially when there is no hope of an end to the suffering. You may feel cheated in life. Nothing makes sense and you just want the affliction to stop. Not knowing the final outcome of a trial, for me, has always been the most difficult part. It’s hard to let go of your will and stop trying to orchestrate the escape but without having all of the answers you must be still and know that He is God. In the midst of severe trial you may “feel” that God has forsaken you. You may “feel” that He is nowhere to be found. You may “feel” there is no possible solution. You’ve prayed, you’ve pleaded and cried, you’ve searched the scriptures again and again but still you have found no answer from the Lord. But do this one thing—keep seeking the person of the Lord Jesus Christ and wait. He knows.

With divine timing Christ will flood your soul with His person and although your circumstances may not change you’ll find rest in the midst of the fiery furnace of testing. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls” (Matthew 11:28–29).

Do this important thing; come to the Lord Jesus Christ, take His yoke, and learn of Him. When your heart, mind, and will are consumed with Christ, your trial will actually become one of the most blessed things God has allowed in your life. Your unpleasant circumstances may not change, but your perspective will. God will use your trial to reveal the person of the Lord Jesus Christ so that your focus will be off of yourself and on the Saviour. Yes, a trial is dark but morning will come when the true Light, Jesus Christ, shines in your heart. Keep believing this reality.

Let me offer one final word of admonition. I have often heard others say to those who are enduring a severe trial, “Everything will be okay.” This statement in and of itself is not wrong because most people mean well. It is their way of encouraging us. Error occurs, however, when we decide what okay means. If we conclude “okay” means no more suffering we concentrate on that outcome and end up rejecting God’s master plan if it does not agree with our viewpoint. Oftentimes things are not okay unless they turn out just the way we planned. We can each be absolutely sure that things will be “okay” because God controls the outcome of our trial—whatever that may be.