Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
I appreciate George also and am glad you all do too, but George and I have a saying, "But for the Grace of God". Could we give God the Glory? Wisdom and knowledge and understanding all come from our Heavenly Father. I'd like to see George get a pat on the back from our Father when he gets to Glory, and hear the words, "Well done thou good and faithful servant". Let us help him to lay up riches in heaven, rather than receive all of his rewards here.

In Christian Love,
Renee
Proverbs 27:2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
Brother George will not hear from Forrest unless he starts sounding his own horn.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-03-2009, 05:34 PM

By the way, I too have been recognized by the brethren for various teaching...you'll never know how it encouraged my heart. I know my wretched self far to well to not give God all the glory. I suspect Brother George is the same. We do love, appreciate, and respect you, Brother George, for allowing the Lord to use you and impact our lives and ministry. Stand fast!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 PM

The thread was begun to show appreciation to brother George. It was not meant to puff up anyone with vanity! I'm quite certain that brother George is a humble man and wouldn't become vain from a little appreciation from the brethren here. I agree with brother Forrest that it can be encouraging to hear that one is appreciated for the things they do and the time they take to help teach the brethren.

Have any of you ever told your pastor that you appreciated him and the time that he took to pray and study the Word so that he would be able to preach a good sermon? Or that he gave a good sermon that helped you, edified you or encouraged you? Is that a wrong thing to do? I do not see it as wrong. We can all use encouragement and appreciation.

Psalm 31, although talking about a woman, she is the PRAISE of her family and all that know her! Her thinking is for the others and they praise her for that to show their appreciation.

Read the beginning of Romans 16, where Paul commends and praises several people who are serving the church.

Additionally
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12 And we beseech you, brethren to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

Jassy
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM

It's okay sister Jassy. Sister Renee knows him better than all of us. She loves him more than we do and even sleeps with him!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 AM

Salute bro George approved in Christ. Salute them which are of his household.
God Bless you sir!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 AM

I thank the Lord for you, brother George.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM

Hi Brother Forrest,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
It's okay sister Jassy. Sister Renee knows him better than all of us. She loves him more than we do and even sleeps with him!
I thank God that George reminds himself everyday that he better not get a big head with all the thanks and praises showered upon him. I see him labor much and our desire is only to do the Lord's will and share the blessings He has given us. If he ever got a big head he would be intolarable to live with.

We had a visiting minister preach at the Anahola Baptist Church once. After the service we were thanking and giving praises to The preacher and the Wife quietly said, "The more the Lord shows you, the greater the responsibility".

We covet your prayers, we thank you for your praises, but do give God all the glory.

In Christian Love.
Renee
Old 06-04-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Hi Brother Forrest,

I thank God that George reminds himself everyday that he better not get a big head with all the thanks and praises showered upon him. I see him labor much and our desire is only to do the Lord's will and share the blessings He has given us. If he ever got a big head he would be intolarable to live with.

We had a visiting minister preach at the Anahola Baptist Church once. After the service we were thanking and giving praises to The preacher and the Wife quietly said, "The more the Lord shows you, the greater the responsibility".

We covet your prayers, we thank you for your praises, but do give God all the glory.

In Christian Love.
Renee
Well said, sister Renee. We aren't ignorant of the devils devises, are we?

Love and prayers to all, Brother Forrest.