Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I agree. I don't celebrate "christmas", but I enjoy the holidays.
Amen Bro Forrest....I do enjoy the holidays. Sharing Christ with the lost at Christmas is a great way to celebrate the holidays.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Levite-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
A few things that worry me about your statements Levite

Salvation cannot be given away, as It is not ours to give in the first place.

I have never heard of one Christian who has been approached by an elf, offered gifts and then asked to deny their faith.
Peter denied the LORD 3 times, but I seen no mention of elves in the bible offering him Gifts for doing so.

To include comments from occult books on the subject in my opinion is wrong, a Christian should not even be dabbling in anything relating to the occult, even if its supposedly to "warn us"

The only Information a Christian needs regarding devils is the Word Of God
hi~

can i ask you something? if the LORD Himself taught the truth of a matter, would you tell Him that you are worried about Him? when the LORD commanded the devils to depart, did you think to yourself that this must be an evil person for knowing these things? all i have done is answered "your" inquiry regarding the truth of the christmas holiday but instead of reading through my posts, you are quick to judge & condemn.

who are you to judge? you, who know little concerning me?

i can see that truth is not welcomed here, so you can just ignore everything i just typed & go gleefully right back to not knowing & enjoy your yearly dinner with your mother.

~levite-7
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
can i ask you something? if the LORD Himself taught the truth of a matter, would you tell Him that you are worried about Him? when the LORD commanded the devils to depart, did you think to yourself that this must be an evil person for knowing these things? all i have done is answered "your" inquiry regarding the truth of the christmas holiday but instead of reading through my posts, you are quick to judge & condemn.

who are you to judge? you, who know little concerning me?

i can see that truth is not welcomed here, so you can just ignore everything i just typed & go gleefully right back to not knowing & enjoy your yearly dinner with your mother.
I never said I was worried about you, I said I was worried about the statements you posted about elves and fairies and vampires. What have occult books and Dictionaries got to do with the Truth of a matter that Christ taught?
When Christ rebuked spirits, he did just that rebuke spirits, not fairies, elves and vampires
I never judged nor did I condemn, I simply stated the obvious, A Christian has NO BUSINESS reading into anything occult.

You cannot see that the truth is not welcomed here, you can see that occult nonsense is not welcomed here. As for you "answering" "my inquiry" I never inquired, I posted Holy Scripture to back up the fact Christ was not Born on the 25th December.
I will actually gleefully ignore everything you typed and I certainly wont worry myself to much about the Goblins while I'm eating dinner with my mother

I really wish I hadn't posted this topic as its gone into the silly zone now
Old 10-06-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levite-7 View Post
hi~

i can see that truth is not welcomed here....

~levite-7
Dear, brother Levite, the truth is always welcomed here. We are simply saying the 25th of December is not the official day to proclaim that Jesus Christ was born. It is a day that many, not all, people simply get together with family, eat, enjoy each others company, pray, read scripture, play games and drink coffee! Many of us do not attempt to turn it into a "traditional religious experience" where we praise and adore Jesus once per year.

Again, I personally do not celebrate "Christmas", but I do enjoy the holidays. You can certainly do what you are directed by Christ to do. I do not condemn or judge you for doing that. I love you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and, yet, I don't even know you, except that you confess Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 PM

I agree with the 25th not being Christs birthday,a misconception,a Pagan Holiday,also there was no mention in Matthew chapt 2v11 about 3 wise men,it didn't say,the world has assumed it was 3 because of the gifts presented, Gold,Frankincense and Myrrh. Christmas has always been a day set aside representing our Lords Birth,not to say it was that particular day. (December 25th). I will not be a conformist and switch to happy holidays just to appease the world,to me it is still Christmas. How many merchants make there biggest profits during a christian holiday? they make money off of Christs name,yet,people want to get rid of Christ and install there own thinking with Happy Holidays,just so someone will not be offended. Well, i am offended when i am told that it is not Christmas, but, X-mas or Have a Happy Holiday, the Hindu's love it. Just one more way to get rid of Christ.

I look at the Christmas tree as a representation of the Gift of God to us.
The Star on the tree pointed the wisemen to were Jesus was. The tree itself(triangular in shape) represents the light from the star pointing to Jesus,and the gifts under the tree representing Jesus,our gift from God. When i look at a Christmas tree, this is how i see it,Just my thoughts.
What do elves have to do with the Bible? Someone has been watching to much Lord of the Rings.

Last edited by Jeremy; 10-06-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Levite-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Dear, brother Levite, the truth is always welcomed here. We are simply saying the 25th of December is not the official day to proclaim that Jesus Christ was born. It is a day that many, not all, people simply get together with family, eat, enjoy each others company, pray, read scripture, play games and drink coffee! Many of us do not attempt to turn it into a "traditional religious experience" where we praise and adore Jesus once per year.

Again, I personally do not celebrate "Christmas", but I do enjoy the holidays. You can certainly do what you are directed by Christ to do. I do not condemn or judge you for doing that. I love you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and, yet, I don't even know you, except that you confess Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour!
hi~

you have well said & your posts share much insight, you are not far from the Kingdom of God, Forrest. by the grace of our LORD, my burden is to expose many of the evils that are thrown at present society, for in truth, they exist to mock the children of God in thinking that they have dominion over all through wealth, power & liberty at the devil's hand. time & time again it is seen, even in the days of the week to these holidays that have no connections with the testament of the LORD Jesus Christ. thus, i would rather be armed than be ignorant. that is my stance, i know the LORD in heaven is with me & it is by the LORD's guidance that has helped me peel away the lumpy Mr. Roger's fun park to the realness of the matter - young children are being exposed to the fiction that is santa & christmas & without proper knowing, many have placed santa at higher value in their hearts more-so than the LORD in heaven that created us.

also, for the record for everyone that didn't take a moment to read through my posts fully, elves are just a name, only a name ~ truth: the devils (fallen angels) go by many names in folklore & myth, as deities, fairies, call it what you will & many people who don't know the Word of God are readily deceived into seeking them for promises of power ~ in any of my earlier posts, did i once mention the word, goblin? nay, i think not. santa claus & all that holiday stands for is not a good thing & if i am labeled an evil person for exposing the truth of a matter, then i supposed it cannot be helped, but it shall be your judgment upon me & not the LORD's.

@peopleoftheway ~ the devil preys on ignorance, & we are commanded by the LORD & the apostles to be both sober & vigilant, for the devil as a roaring lion walketh about seeking whom he may devour. the Word of God & the name of the LORD Jesus Christ is our sword against this & any further insight to piece their cruel game together is more of an advantage to we in Jesus Christ. so sorry, but your reaction & attempt to lighten the situation into "silliness" is silly all unto itself. i forgive you, & i think i have said my peace to the best i can do so do with it as you will.

~levite-7
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 AM

Guys,

While we on the topic of Christmas, shall we talk about Christmas trees anyone?

Quote:
Jeremiah 10:2-4

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Atlas
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 AM

Levite

Listen friend before you get way ahead of yourself here and call me ignorant to satans devices stop right in your tracks. I have no need, I repeat NO NEED to look in occult books to know that the devil is a roaring Lion waiting to deceive, I have the Bible

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )

Occult Books are Carnal, a Christian has no need to dabble in anything occult even under the guise of "getting to know your enemy"

Secondly, Christians have more to deal with in this world from men, than they do elves, fairies and vampires (apologies for adding in Goblins that would be taking it too far)

I completely agree that there are devils and spirits, but I don't not believe that they manifest themselves physically and are portrayed like elves and fairies. Drink (alcohol) is a devil, drugs are a devil (and co-incidentally I used to be enslaved by both) there are enough evil spirits among men to worry about without adding to that elves, fairies and vampires.
Please in no manner think I am "ignorant" as when I was not right with God there where several occasions that I was so far out of my mind that I was almost persuaded by "spirits" to end my life and on any of those occasions the spirit was "within me" not appeared like an elf.

I take comfort in Holy scripture concerning these things of "occult" nature

Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
9 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote:
your reaction & attempt to lighten the situation into "silliness" is silly all unto itself. i forgive you, & i think i have said my peace to the best i can do so do with it as you will.
Hey listen, thanks for forgiving me, but I have no need of forgiveness for admonishing occult dabbling with the Word of God.

Lastly brother, please bring your own opinions on the subject to the topic, not Terry Watkins.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 AM

Troublemaker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Guys,

While we on the topic of Christmas, shall we talk about Christmas trees anyone?

Quote:
Jeremiah 10:2-4

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Atlas

Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 AM

HAI,

Quote:
Troublemaker!
I thought Christmas trees would fit right in with this Christmas topic.

I have been known cause a little trouble from time to time.

Atlas