Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 PM

I have all of his commentaries. They're all good, but my favorite by him is Revelation. All his KJB defense books are great also. I hope his works will help you grow in Christ. After reading his works, I know without a doubt that the King James Bible is perfect.

God Bless
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Doxa

Default Watched one of YouTube Sermons

Last night I watched an entire (YouTube) sermon Pastor Ruckman gave while making a beautiful, meaningful, pastel picture. He spoke of some people who treated him very hypocritically, and when everything was said and done, I was amazed at his final point, and that was anyone who stood behind a pulpit should believe in the Word/book that they were preaching from.
I really thought it was a great message that helped me.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Steve Schwenke

Default prophecy

If you want works on Prophecy by Dr. ruckman, I would recommend his commentaries on Psalms. I was there when he taught it for SS, and it opened up a whole lot of other Scriptures to me in regards to prophecy.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Schwenke View Post
If you want works on Prophecy by Dr. ruckman, I would recommend his commentaries on Psalms. I was there when he taught it for SS, and it opened up a whole lot of other Scriptures to me in regards to prophecy.
Oh cool. Yeah I heard him challenge Karl Keating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stS4eveIbQQ to show him a book in the Bible that isn't prophetical. Psalms would certainly prove to be a good book to study from the prophetic stand point.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 09-17-2008, 12:43 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Anyone have any book recommendations from this brother? I've decided I should read some of his works and if anyone thinks I should begin with such an such a book please let me know.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
I would encourage you to avoid Peter Ruckman's works. Some good alternatives would be Charles Spurgeon, Samuel Waldron, Fred Malone, Tom Nettles, and Mark Dever. I have found all of their works to be extremely beneficial and Biblical. It is not the mark of a Christian to be "crude and sometimes offensive" as mentioned by Chette777. Christians stand for truth, not behave themselves badly.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post
I would encourage you to avoid Peter Ruckman's works. Some good alternatives would be Charles Spurgeon, Samuel Waldron, Fred Malone, Tom Nettles, and Mark Dever. I have found all of their works to be extremely beneficial and Biblical. It is not the mark of a Christian to be "crude and sometimes offensive" as mentioned by Chette777. Christians stand for truth, not behave themselves badly.
I didn't know brother Peter behaved himself badly.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post

Brother, none of those are "alternatives". None of them believe the KJB to be the final authority in all matters of faith and practice, and all of them were calvinists. The only one worth reading would be spurgeon, because he is one of the most inconsistent calvinists of all time. God greatly blessed his work despite his calvinism, not because of it.

If you are offended by Ruckman, I suggest you read Spurgeon's "Letters to my Students". He lambasts and ridicules the modern preachers of his time as well, calling them all manner of names, including "Jackadandies" which is basically calling someone effeminate, or a complete idiot. THere are probably worse names in there, but that comes to mind.

Last edited by Luke; 09-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:35 AM

Stephanos,

I would encourage you to avoid Eric W Greene's advice.

Atlas
Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

I would encourage you to avoid Eric W Greene's advice.

Atlas
lol

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
ericwgreene

Did Chette777 speak incorrectly of Mr. Ruckman? Out of curiousity, is this a pro-Ruckman board or a KJV-only board or both?