Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I am reminded of a situation that happens in my neighborhood occasionally. A neighbor has several dogs in his fenced yard that take umbrage when I walk my dog down the street past their yard. They are barking and howling and running back and forth behind the fence, letting my dog know just how much they would like to bite her. Every so often in their frenzy, they bump into each other and then start fighting and jumping on each other instead of barking at my dog! Hmmm.
Who are the Dogs behind the fence Brother and who is your dog?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM

My (grand)dog is Chevy. The others are Sweet Pea, Damon, and Lady Day. As far as any possible metaphorical application, I will leave that to the imaginations of the readers.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Funny that Brother, the Lord Jesus Christ as a shepherd also has 2 sheepdogs, they bark I am sure whenever a wolf lurks ever close to his Flock, waiting, appearing harmless in sheeps clothing, waiting, until they get close enough, then they strike trying to scatter the flock or devour the stray sheep that has wandered far from the rest.

Psalms 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

The Lord is my Shepherd, and His two sheepdogs?.... well Goodness and Mercy of course

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Bro George said:

Quote:
Aloha brother Winman,

You may be surprised by what I am going to say - but I do not know Sam Gipp and have never read any of his books. I do know that he came to the Island of Kauai and preached a couple of times and I didn't go to hear him because the church that brought him over is a totalitarian dictatorship (which doesn't speak well about WHO brother Gipp chooses to associate with.)

My whole point in this "donnybrook" is I really don't care WHERE a man has gone to "SCHOOL" or whether he has a "DEGREE" or not!
Well, I say Aloha to you too!

I have never been to Hawaii, but my younger brother is married to a Hawaiian girl, he was stationed at Scofield Barracks in the Army back in the late 70's.

But that's as close as I get.

But anyway, none of my comments were directed at you, they were meant for Greektim. I enjoy your posts very much and learn a lot from them. As you said in your post, a degree means nothing when it comes to the Word of God. The apostles were not scholars, they were fishermen, and publicans, common men. And this is who the Lord Jesus chose.

These Bible correctors don't get it. The Bible is not intended to be an intellectual study, although a person could study it for 10 lifetimes and never completely know it. The Bible is God's Word to all men, so we can find eternal life through the Lord Jesus and learn how to walk in his steps.

I really have a difficult time believeing that anyone who so doubts the Word of God is even saved. Perhaps they are, but you would never know it by their behaviour. Instead of edifying believers, they seem to want to make true believers doubt. Good luck with that.

These folks are proud plain and simple. Their whole motive is to try to impress people with their scholarship. But they completely lack faith which without a man cannot please God.

I am not impressed by anybody who does not believe God.

Prov 10:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

What these folks need is some good old fashioned fear of the LORD.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Bro George said:

Well, I say Aloha to you too!

I have never been to Hawaii, but my younger brother is married to a Hawaiian girl, he was stationed at Scofield Barracks in the Army back in the late 70's.

But that's as close as I get.

But anyway, none of my comments were directed at you, they were meant for Greektim. I enjoy your posts very much and learn a lot from them. As you said in your post, a degree means nothing when it comes to the Word of God. The apostles were not scholars, they were fishermen, and publicans, common men. And this is who the Lord Jesus chose.

These Bible correctors don't get it. The Bible is not intended to be an intellectual study, although a person could study it for 10 lifetimes and never completely know it. The Bible is God's Word to all men, so we can find eternal life through the Lord Jesus and learn how to walk in his steps.

I really have a difficult time believeing that anyone who so doubts the Word of God is even saved. Perhaps they are, but you would never know it by their behaviour. Instead of edifying believers, they seem to want to make true believers doubt. Good luck with that.

These folks are proud plain and simple. Their whole motive is to try to impress people with their scholarship. But they completely lack faith which without a man cannot please God.

I am not impressed by anybody who does not believe God.

Prov 10:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

What these folks need is some good old fashioned fear of the LORD.
Quite right Brother Winman

What some on this forum need to realise when they make statements like "what you say isn't very Christlike" or "your behavior isn't very Christlike"
They need to remember that the Lord Jesus Christ got angry, boy he got so angry at hypocrites that made a mockery of the temple (as I am sure that he gets angry seated at the right hand of the Father for the mockery made of his word in this world) he literally threw tables over, made a whip, drove out the animals and threw out the money!

John 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

The problem is this, people cant take the truth, the truth offends their egos, there is no "love of truth" because it brings offence.

Now we know that the truth is, God HAS preserved his word, it IS here on this earth today in one place, the "whole counsel of God". I never even want to imagine having to say to Christ I never believed we had a perfect copy of you word down there on earth. I never want to have to say I had to have a library full of different versions and ancient manuscripts with dead languages to understand your will for me in this life. NO WAY

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Some people need to step up to the front and admit they are blinded in their own wisdom as to where Jesus Christ has left his word and strive to enter in at the strait gate and not wander off to the broad way with apostate ministers apostate bibles and apostate churches.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus is no respector of persons and some people could do with a healthy dose of "Fear Of The Lord"

Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 PM

Interesting picture about the sheepdogs, POTW.

Too bad some people lock up the one, "Mercy", so they won't be disturbed while throwing rocks at the "heretics", and don't feed the other one, "Goodness", so that being weak, it has little effect.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Default Re: "Sam Gipp's degree"

Aloha brother Steve (peopleoftheway),

I deeply appreciate you coming to my defense, but it’s useless to try and reason with “solabiblia”, because it is impossible to reason with an intellectual (or pseudo intellectual) snob (which all Sophists are).

Instead let’s “take stock” of Mr. (I assume we are dealing with a "Mr.") “solabiblia” – shall we:

01/06/09 - “solabiblia” JOINS the Forum (without so much of a “howdy” or “hello”). He says absolutely NOTHING in his bio about himself. We have NO IDEA WHO he is, or WHERE he’s been; or WHO he is “affiliated” with – NOTHING = NADA! In other words he is a perfect STRANGER, and obviously wants to keep it that way.

01/10/09 – In “solabiblia’s” 1st. Post he “CRITICIZES” brother Parrish! Did you get that? Here is this perfect STRANGER who “joins” with us, of whom we know NOTHING about – and in less than a week, and in his very first Post he is CRITICIZING one of the members here! I guess he never learned any “manners” when he was growing up, or he is just so arrogant that he thinks that it is OK to join a group of believers and just barge in and start CRITICIZING one of them! This was the 1st.RED FLAG” (for me) in regards to Mr. “solabiblia”; that and the GREEK name he chose to use on an AV1611 Bible forum! {He cites 1 verse without quoting it.}

01/19/09- In “solabiblia’s” 2nd. Post he again “CRITICIZES” brother Parrish! (And I’m beginning to think: WHO does this guy “think” he is?) In a little over one week already he’s had the “chutzpah” to criticize another brother in Christ, without knowing the man! 2nd.RED FLAG” {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

01/22/09- - In “solabiblia’s” 3rd. Post the obtuse intellectual snob ends up “CRITICIZING” Diligent (Brandon Staggs) the originator and only “Moderator” on the Forum! Just how dumb can a highly “educated” person be? Can you imagine, a perfect STRANGER Going into some else’s home (or church) and within a couple of weeks CRITICIZING & INSULTING his host! Not only does “solabiblia” have NO MANNERS – he’s got NO SENSE either! 3rd.RED FLAG” {Oh, and by the way again - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

01/31/09- In “solabiblia’s” 4th. Post he “shows off” his knowledge of “textual matters” and expresses ADMIRATION for some long lost “HEBREW SCHOLAR”! And by now I know that we have “another one”, i.e. another unbelieving “scribe” has joined the Forum to criticize and foment division. {He refers to Psalm 12 in passing, without quoting it.} 4th.RED FLAG

02/04/09- In “solabiblia’s” 5th. Post he ends up “straining at gnats – pointing out the so-called differences between the AV1611 and the PCE using "F.H.A. Scrivener’s meticulous comparison" of the PCE and the AV1611. 5th.RED FLAG{ah, there’s that ADMIRATION of “scholars” (scribes) again! He cites 7 verses without fully quoting any of them.}

02/06/09– “solabiblia” is “on a roll” now, and so in his 6th. Post he “CRITICIZES” bibleprotector this time! He might as well spread his “CRITICISM” around don’t you think! After all he just can’t show “favoritism” (when it comes to his “CRITICISM”) to just one person! 6th.RED FLAG” {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

02/08/09– “solabiblia’s” actually posted a non-destructive Post! {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

02/26/09- In “solabiblia’s” 8th. Post he “CRITICIZES” Biblestudent” – making his little feminized snide remarks and taking cheap shots that he is sooo good at! 7th.RED FLAG” {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

04/04/09– “solabiblia” tries his hand at telling a Jewish/Russian Joke. ” {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

04/20/09– After getting a drubbing for his “CRITICISM” of Bible student (a genuine Bible believer) “solabiblia takes a rest from his “CRITICIZING” for almost 2 months (to “lick his wounds – I presume) and then returns with QUESTIONS – ALWAYS QUESTIONS!

04/20/09- In “solabiblia’s” 11th. Post he again “CRITICIZES” bibleprotector! 8th.RED FLAG{Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

04/25/09– In “solabiblia’s” 12th. Post he makes some “cutesyremarks about the King James Bible translators – “intellectual snobs” just can’t help themselves! 9th.RED FLAG {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

04/25/09- In “solabiblia’s” 13th. Post he againCRITICIZES” brother Parrish (with blasphemous sarcasm)! 10th.RED FLAG {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

05/06/09- In “solabiblia’s” 14th. Post he “CRITICIZESme (just a poor, defenseless, “old curmudgeon”). He makes a FALSE ACCUSATION against me that proves that, although he may be “highly educated”, he has very little spiritual discernment or understanding. And then on top of that he tries to SILENCE me! (Can you imagine that?). 11th.RED FLAG {Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

05/07/09- In “solabiblia’s” 15th. Post he “CRITICIZESme AGAIN! And once again, demonstrates for all to see that he is incapable of spiritual discernment. He then takes his usual “cheap effeminate shot” at me; and then in response to my question: “WHY are you here?” follows up with his childish and immature response - “I like it here”. Which is either an outright LIE, or he needs to examine his perverse heart for sincerely “liking” to stir up controversy and trouble amongst the brethren! 12th.RED FLAG{Oh, and by the way - He cites NO VERSES of Scripture.}

This man is quite “TYPICAL” of the “product” that is being churned out in the “bible” schools & “Christian” colleges today - “puffed-upintellectual snobs, who have as much in common with an ordinary Bible believer as a Snake has with a Swan!

Can you imagine – according to “solabiblia’s” own testimony: he TEACHES 50SCHOLARS” in Sunday school (“from the KJV”) – pity the “scholars”! He says he has “memorized somewhere around 50 chapters of the KJV”; he has “been going to churches that use the KJV since I was one week old." He says "I probably would think long and hard before attending a church that did not use the KJV. I love it, cherish it, quote it, and live by it.” {I wouldn’t waste one minute considering attending a “church” that did not USE the King James Bible – WHAT’S THERE TO “THINK” ABOUT – IF you truly LOVE & CHERISH IT?}

That part about I “LIVE BY IT” - is “a little much to swallow”, especially in light of “solabiblia’s” conduct on this Forum! And not only that but, who among us can honestly say with all sincerity that we “LIVE BY IT”? It takes a whole lot of personal pride for a person to make such a claim!

Let’s see:

So far, we have no idea WHO this man is; WHERE he comes from; or WHO or WHAT HE IS “AFFILIATEDWITH. We know practically nothing about him, and yet we are supposed to treat him like a “brother”? This “brother” JOINS our Forum and in less than a week he starts to “CRITICIZE” members of this Forum – just exactly WHO does he think he is?

Out of the 15 Posts that he posts on this Forum – 10 of them “CRITICIZE” some member of this Forum! Fully 2/3 of his Posts are “CRITICAL” of the brethren! WHO do we know that is called “the ACCUSER of our brethren”? [Revelation 12:10] Hmmm?

In his 15 Posts he never fully quotes one verse of Scripture (which he professes to “love” & “cherish”). In 15 Posts he only cites (without quoting) 9 verses of Scripture and 7 of them are used to point out so-called “differences” between the AV1611 and the PCE.

Since this man has shown up on the Forum he has not edified one single person (his fellow traveler “greektim” doesn’t count), but instead, through his destructive “CRITICISM” and comments, he has only fomented division and debate.

PLEASE NOTICE: There is not one single time in ALL of “solabiblia’s” Posts where he EVER addresses anyone on this Forum as “BROTHER”! Did you get that? {Think about THAT for awhile!} This man is so stuck up that he doesn’t even have the courtesy to address a Bible believer as “BROTHER”! {Check out his Posts!}

Did “solabiblia” come here to edify the brethren? I doubt it! Did he come here to “profit withal”? You could fool me! Did he come here for some Christian “FELLOWSHIP”? I trow not! Do we need any more “PROOF” that this STRANGER in our midst is a TROUBLE MAKER? What more “PROOF” do we need?

In the 1970’s Jack Van Impe claimed that he had “memorized” the entire New Testament (in the King James Bible), and “good old Jack” wouldn’t hesitate to ADD, SUBTRACT, or CHANGE the Holy words of God whenever it was “convenient” for him to do so. I wasn’t impressed with Van Impe then (and told him so); and I’m certainly not impressed with “solabiblia” now {After all he has “memorized” ONLY 50 Chapters - Van impe “memorized” the entire New Testament and still turned out to be a Bible denying APOSTATE!}

I am determined not to engage in any more discussions with this man; it would be a waste of my time and an exercise in futility. If he continues with his destructive comments I will “comment” on them but will not engage him in conversation. Like I have said on several occasions before this: “I discovered long ago that there is NO PROFIT in dealing with a SOPHIST”!

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Interesting picture about the sheepdogs, POTW.

Too bad some people lock up the one, "Mercy", so they won't be disturbed while throwing rocks at the "heretics", and don't feed the other one, "Goodness", so that being weak, it has little effect.
Brother Tim, with all due respect, can you just quit with the metaphors, and come right out into the light and tell us who in your opinion the "some people" are and who "the dogs behind the fence" are in your eyes, although I think that you are referring to Brother George and myself. I would just like you to actually say it without wrapping it up in a metaphor. I make no apology for calling out a Bible denier on a bible believing forum.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I am determined not to engage in any more discussions with this man; it would be a waste of my time and an exercise in futility. If he continues with his destructive comments I will “comment” on them but will not engage him in conversation. Like I have said on several occasions before this: “I discovered long ago that there is NO PROFIT in dealing with a SOPHIST”!
I agree, I shall stick to communication and edification with the "few" on this forum that I genuinely count as Brothers. While I am content in the fact I don't know a whole lot about scripture nor all the history and manuscript evidence, I do know a sincere Bible Believer when I see one, or in this case should I say "read" one and I shall continue to "bark" at any passers by who might be thinking of desecrating my masters house and his Holy word.

1 Timothy 6:3-6 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM

No, Brother Steve, I was not referring to you in my musing metaphor.