Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Brother Forrest, thank you very kindly for the valuable information. My view is that we can never say that God's Law was BAD. He created it - so it was good and served its purpose for the Jews. That is why I said that we don't throw away the Law. It did serve its purpose - but it is not for us today. We are today under GRACE, as the apostle Paul has taught us.
Absolutely. Iwish sister Tandi would read these verses:

I Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul wrote Philemon for Onesimus, Jesus said to God the Father, they made the debt, they commited the offense, ILL PAY THE BILL. And He washed me in His Blood, gave me HIS righteousness and HIS faith and declared me free and redeemed, and when He looks at me He don;t see those sins, He sees His Blood that has blotted ouy my sins and forgiven ALL OF THEM, PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.

So what do I need the Law for? It's not for me.

Grace and peace

tony