General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:28 AM
aussiemama

Default Dealing with Homosexuals

When dealing with homosexuals, do you think it's ok to call them queers, faggots etc? Or do you tone it down so that you might have a chance to witness to them? What about "Christian" homosexuals? Do you believe that a Christian can be homosexual if they are backslidden enough?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-31-2008, 09:31 AM

In my witness to homosexuals ( and sadly we have plenty here in our town ), I have never known one that would have listened and talked with me had I used those names to identify him/her/whatever. ( )
Old 10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
aussiemama

Lol I feel that they would not listen either, but I do know people that just blast them with those names and then get insulted when the homosexual doesn't want to listen to them.

It would be like me going up to a glutton and saying "hey fatso, you need to be saved". LOL that's my take on it anyway.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
When dealing with homosexuals, do you think it's ok to call them queers, faggots etc? Or do you tone it down so that you might have a chance to witness to them? What about "Christian" homosexuals? Do you believe that a Christian can be homosexual if they are backslidden enough?
I don't feel hateful speech ever helps the true Christian Witness, there are people who have come out of this "lifestyle" by rational, sober, loving approaches. I do not see how someone like "Pastor" Phelps is any help with his taunts to living family members at funerals. As for your question about "Christian Homosexuals", I would simply suggest that the lifestyle does not mesh with Christian truth, it is a bit like saying "Christian Drunkard" or "Christian Wife-Beater"....it makes no sense. Many are mislead by false teachings in liberal Churches that tell them the action are OK, the Liberal Branch of the Episcopal Church has a "Gay Bishop". It is why my "Anglican World" is being split into two parts, those of us who BELIEVE what Scripture tells us is a sin and what is not, and those who have thrown Truth out the window in order to conform to this world and "relative" standards. Very sad.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama
When dealing with homosexuals, do you think it's ok to call them queers, faggots etc? Or do you tone it down so that you might have a chance to witness to them? What about "Christian" homosexuals?
Of course you don't call them such things, if you're trying to win them to Christ. In fact, I don't see any reason to use vulgar terms at all, when dealing with such people in any context. I have, on occasion, worked with Sodomites; but I didn't talk to them about their ghastly "sexual preference," because I don't discuss those things with any of my co-workers. Why should I?

Now, if I'm witnessing, one-on-one, to a Sodomite who seems sincere, we'll discuss what the Bible says about his condition. I don't compromise or back down the slightest bit, although I try to have compassion, just as I would for any sinner. And, in such conversations, I don't use the word "Sodomite," although it's the Biblical term; but neither do I use the term "gay," which I despise. I simply talk about homosexuality and homosexuals, and what the Bible says about it. If I'm witnessing to a young heterosexual who's promiscuous, I don't call him a whoremonger; I just discuss things in a firm, but compassionate, manner. If that's "toning it down," so be it. The girl who led me to Christ didn't call me an egomaniac or a fornicating young fool, although that's what I was! If she had, I wouldn't have listened to her.

The preaching of the cross is already an offense to those who are perishing. They're not going to Hell because they're Sodomites; they're going to Hell because they don't know Christ. Why should I confuse the issue by using impolite, vulgar words? The goal is to not to insult them; it's to win them, or at least plant and water some seeds.

I do have such conversations from time to time, and I always tell them that, if they come to Christ, they can't continue in their homosexual activities. And I realize (although I don't say it out loud) that their homosexuality probably isn't gonna be erased overnight: they will, by the grace of God, quit acting on their desires, but the desires might persist for a long time, as they do with alcoholics or gossips or adulterers.

There is no such thing as a "Christian homosexual," or a "Christian fornicator," or a "Christian thief," although Christians can commit those sins. When we receive Christ, we experience the spiritual circumcision, wherein our souls are cut loose from our flesh. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ (Col. 2:10, 11). A Christian might kill someone with his hands, or commit a sexual sin, or slander someone with his tongue; but he/she is not a "Christian slanderer" or a "Christian murderer" or a "Christian fornicator." We will, in this life, reap the consequences of our sins, and we will surely be chastened; but the sins don't touch our souls, because of the spiritual circumcision. This is a deep subject, but it's the truth.

Quote:
Do you believe that a Christian can be homosexual if they are backslidden enough?
Of course. That is, they can commit homosexual sins, but, as I said, I don't think there's any such thing as a "Christian homosexual." If a Christian - - - any Christian, including you and especially me - - - puts the Bible aside, quits praying, and neglects Christian fellowship, any sin is possible; and some kind of sin is inevitable. I have personally known born-again men and women who had committed murder, dope peddling, and child sexual abuse. (The murderer I knew was a woman.) And I'm confident that the people I'm thinking of (all personal acquaintances) were just as saved as I am. But they wandered away from Christ, and the "old man" took over. Not all at once; but, the longer you try to live "on your own," the deeper into sin you can get. A Christian who's out of fellowship with God is no less prone to sin than an unbeliever: he just doesn't lose his salvation.

The kids in Sunday School say, "This Book (the Bible) will keep me from my sins, or my sins will keep me from this Book." That's a profound statement. That's some heavy theology! If Christians really believed it, things would be much different in our churches and our nation.

These are tough things to say, but they're true. Anyone who says, "Oh, a Christian just couldn't do those things!" doesn't know the Bible, doesn't know human nature, and is probably more than a little self-righteous.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:53 PM

A Christian is capable of any sin an unsaved man is capable of. I would imagine that the guilt and sorrow of grieving the Holy Spirit would stop a man going down this path though and judging from Romans 1, it seems men only go down this path after they know the judgment of God and reject it (so so-called Christian homosexuals have actually rejected the judgment of God and just want a spiritual experience rather than a Savior from sin, since they don't even acknowledge they are sinners).

The Bible calls them sodomites or effeminate. I wouldn't call them either while witnessing to one, but I would show them what the Bible says. I would call them a sinner, and address that sin specifically. Do you go around calling everyone liars and thieves? Of course not - we say they are sinners. Then we explain what it entails to be a sinner. (When I say call them a sinner, I don't mean like "hahaha you are a sinner and I am not". I mean that I would tell them what God thinks of them").

EDIT: I just read the OP's second post. I think I may know who she is referring to. There are a few guys on youtube who post videos of themselves preaching and screaming all manner of filth from their mouths, somehow thinking they are bringing God the glory. Street preaching is a God ordained and blessed ministry, but screaming obscenities at the people you are supposedly trying to lead to Christ isn't.

So in conclusion, no, I wouldn't call homosexuals "fags, homos, queers" when witnessing to them or street preaching. In casual conversation, I might use a term like fruitbootie, fem, or something like that..
Old 10-31-2008, 10:54 PM

Luke,

Quote:
I just read the OP's second post. I think I may know who she is referring to.
I think I know who you are talking about. They call people drunks and all other kinds of names. This hurts the cause of Christ. They will never win anyone to the Lord acting like a bunch of hateful people. This drives people from the Lord and is not of God. The best thing they could do for the Lord is stay home.

Jesus was always nice to sinners. He gave the reliougus folks a hard time, but was always kind to sinners.

Atlas
Old 10-31-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Luke,

I think I know who you are talking about. They call people drunks and all other kinds of names. This hurts the cause of Christ. They will never win anyone to the Lord acting like a bunch of hateful people. This drives people from the Lord and is not of God. The best thing they could do for the Lord is stay home.

Jesus was always nice to sinners. He gave the reliougus folks a hard time, but was always kind to sinners.

Atlas
Watch "Autopsy of an atheist" on YouTube; the brainless, Bible-twisting idiot actually uses my first name and last initial as the dead atheist's name. My pastor kicked him off of our parking lot because he was being an idiot.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:12 AM

MC,

Quote:
the brainless, Bible-twisting idiot actually uses my first name and last initial as the dead atheist's name.
He must really like you!!!!!!!!

:-)

Is this James the street preacher? I think I know this guy also form YouTube.

I do not think this is the same guy. I think this guy I'm talking about lived in Florida. He posted a YouTube on here one time. He was calling people drunks and all kinds of other names.

I think the other guys name on the net is like AVBryan or something like that. This is the guy I was talking about. He caused trouble on Cody's forum. I was a mod at the time and removed his post and he emailed me I was going to hell. I told him not to post anything with the F word in it and that was why I removed the post. I think he also posted the same video here and it was also removed. All he ever did was insult sinners, it was 100% worthless.

Atlas
Old 11-01-2008, 12:23 AM

MC,

I was wrong his name was 1611isperfect. I forgot his name but Cody told me.

Atlas