Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Ignoring the oxford cambridge thing, which I see as a non issue, the Old Scofield is pretty good as far as notes go.

Good notes on most dispensational stuff, although dispensationalism, being relatively newly revealed (or re-revealed, since it is a doctrine that had been hidden during the dark ages), men were still learning.

Personally, the major issue I take with Scofields notes is the same thing I take with Larkin's charts - Gap theory. But whatever. I can deal with that. I pretty much fully understand gap theory, but cannot embrace it because I find too many scriptures that are ambigious, and often, the less obvious meaning to the scripture is taken to support the gap. He also says Leviathan was a crocodile and Behemoth was a hippo, but the rest of his notes are pretty good
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM

If you want an Old Scofield 1909 the only place I know where you can get one rand new is Local Church Bible Publishers.

http://lcbplansing.org/Bibles/Study.htm

They have the best made and lowest cost Old Scofield 1909 on the market. Local Church Bible Publishers is ran by a real church. I love their Bibles. of their Bibles are made of genuine cow hide and 100% leather. They do not have that crappy bonded leather. I have brought many Bible from them and all of them were of the best quality.

Atlas
Old 09-12-2008, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
If you want an Old Scofield 1909 the only place I know where you can get one rand new is Local Church Bible Publishers.

http://lcbplansing.org/Bibles/Study.htm

They have the best made and lowest cost Old Scofield 1909 on the market. Local Church Bible Publishers is ran by a real church. I love their Bibles. of their Bibles are made of genuine cow hide and 100% leather. They do not have that crappy bonded leather. I have brought many Bible from them and all of them were of the best quality.
Atlas

Aloha brother,

Welcome back! Thanks for the heads up, it's getting harder and harder to find good, reliable sources for King James Bibles and Bible literature - so it's always good to know another source that carries quality products.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Doxa

Default Dear Atlas

Greetings to you!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Wowie!

I would like to ask you about their font for large print Bibles -- are they very bold print or average or ????

They look high quality, but I would like to know more about the readability as well. Thanks so kindly. I look forward toward hearing what you have to say about the font quality...and thanks ever so much.

I have been scoping their whole website--wow.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 PM

George & Doxa,

It's good to see you again also George. I need to drop by more often.

The font is pretty large. It is bold enough for me also. It's only $50.00 + $6.25for shipping for a large print Scofield and that's a very good deal. If you get a large print from Oxford it's like $89.00 + shipping. The Bibles Local Church Bible Publishers make are just good if not better quality as Oxford Bibles. They sale ever item at cost. You can also fine some very good books there. I get every thing I can from them. They also have a Scofield wide margin, you can not find a brand new Scofield wide margin any place else that I know of.

I just wish Local Church Bible Publishers had thumb tabs, but that is not that big of a deal. if you get anything from them try to give a small offering if you can. Most folks do not, I do not understand why. It's kind of sad. We need to support the good Bible publishers when we can, if we do not support them they may not be around for long. If every other publisher abandons the KJV and we do not support groups like Local Church Bible Publishers we will not have anywhere else to turn.

Atlas
Old 09-20-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsayer View Post
---I inherited Dake's commentary from my Dad, and immediately found two things that were way wrong. One is the "gap theory", something he probably picked up from Scofield, who was responsible for this ridiculous prop for Darwinism.

The other one was to say that Jesus did not become the Son of God, or divine, or the Messiah, etc.etc., until he his baptism by John. It's a conjecture at best, adding to the word at worst. Jesus said "my father's business" and he was "the holy one of God" while still in the womb.

A third one is pre-Tribulation rapture, which is easily corrected by Jesus' plain words in Matthew 24, and Paul's warning against that very thing in II Thessalonians 2.

(Except for those who believe Jesus sent the apostles out 2x2 at different times to preach incompatible gospels, along with other many problems)
You're digging yourself into a hole you can't get out of here, friend. I myself don't support a lot of dispensationalism, but know that on these forums, the brethren are very strong in their conviction for it. Just a word of caution for ya.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Doxa

Default To Atlas

Wow, wow, wow, Atlas, thanks ever, ever, so kindly for that link you gave.
I bought a Bible from them and just received it.
Oh, wow!
I'm so delighted.
Wow.
Thank you ever so much.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM

Doxa,

Quote:
Wow, wow, wow

I told you it would be wonderful and top of the line quality. It's a good deal. Spread the word.

Atlas