Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Scott Simons

Default Just How Bad Are Perversion Versions

Just How Bad Are Perversion Versions

The NIV, NKJV, AS, NAS, etc… just how bad are they? If they are not the word of God and are posing as the word of God, they must be another gospel and are perversions. The infections they impose on believers and seekers cause death and destruction. The Theocracy they are creating is no less than the worship of the Satan through the anti-Christ.
Christians we have been way to tolerate of these perversion versions and need to bear against them. They do not bring the gospel of Jesus Christ but a gospel of death. Their cunningly devise message are anti-Christ and as bewitching as it is, we need to stop tolerating them as acceptable and stand strong against them, expose them as what they are, perversions.
Otherwise as King James Bible defenders we are hypocrites. If you think people are being saved through version perversions then why should one care what bible people read?
Come on the truth is the truth lets stand up for it, and expose the lie. Time is running out.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 AM

Although people may be saved by them, do they grow from them spiritually? I would seriously doubt it, all the present day heresy particularly lordship salvation stems from modern translations. You are right we must stand for the word of God, we must show brethren of the contradiction and wresting of scripture in the so called versions, but if a brother listens to the truth of modern versions and the perversion of doctrine and chooses himself to carry on using it, then I guess its up to The Holy Spirit to convict. We have done our job to plant the seed. Show me one person that will stand for a modern version as the word of God, Like any of the blessed men who stand for the King James Bible. There aren't any. I left a Church that promoted the NIV because I felt alienated, I was made to feel almost like a cultist because I didn't believe in modern translation, but Gods Grace showed me that It was the right thing to do, to stand for his word in an age when its so blatantly misused,and I left, I lack the fellowship that I need of Fellow KJV believers PHYSICALLY but I know that I am in good company on this site, with noted exception. And as brother George assure me in another post I will find that fellowship in Gods time.
All we can do is to continue to stand for it, fight for it and die for it as many great men have done throughout history.

In My Saviour's name THE Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM

Scott, I am about as strict a KJBO as one can find. Every other English "Bible" is flawed. Every non-English translation is flawed. The KJB-PCE is the only edition of the KJB that is absolutely perfect and as such is the final and absolute standard for the Word of God today and until the end of time. The disagreement I have with your statement is that it appears to say that one cannot be saved unless the KJB is used. If this is not your intent, then you need to reword it. If it is your intent, then you damage your own argument. If the KJB is the only way for true salvation, then no one could have been saved prior to its existence. If the KJB is the only way for true salvation, then those who have come to Christ through some missionary's limited attempt to express the Gospel in a foreign language cannot be saved.

YES, the multitude of modern texts are full of errors. YES, they can be used by false teachers to pervert the truth. You are surely aware that false teachers can also use the KJB to distort true doctrine, such as teaching that the Scriptures show that a born-again believer can lose his salvation. That is perversion in its prime!

YES, we should speak the truth about the corrupted versions (which is all others but the KJB). The truth is that most of them CONTAIN AT LEAST SOME of God's Word. The truth is still truth, even when poorly expressed. If one can be saved by reading a tract, or hearing a preacher, or listening to the testimony of another, then there is hope for that one who has nothing but an NIV to read. The down side is that this kind of believer will not grow in the pure wisdom of the Word until he begins using the Pure Word.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Scott Simons

Dear Tim and People of the way,

Thank you for addressing this issue. I have to say I struggle with the same conclusions or may I say dilemmas you both have raised. Not to say there is not a letter of the law verses the spirit of the law in this dilemma. But I am trying not to lean to my own understanding. I to would think that one could or should be able to be or get saved from using other versions, after all they do relate a similar message, that Christ died on the cross for your sin and raised from the dead (so to speak). Now the twisting of the message seems to be the major problem.
As you may see from my profile, that I was raised in the cult of Mormonism, and have had to deal with a similar problem; because Mormons also say they believe Christ died for there sins and rose from the dead. However they do use the King James as there bible. Yes, they say they only believe as far as it translated correctly, but I guess that is better than believing the bible even if it is translated incorrectly. The answer is always that they believe in another Jesus, well you may say that the versions perversions teach another Jesus also, (again so to speak).
As a sidebar I am on board with the PCE, I have spend money and time collecting them, I might add in Mormon seminary I had a Collins edition of the PCE, LOL.
But, in Utah pastors argue about “well Mormons can be saved” and still remain in Mormonism. Really! this is a real argument, because if you meet Mormons you would have to say they are really good people, they don’t steal, honest, compassionate, you know all the thing a Christian should be. There church may believe and teach strange things but they individually believe the in Jesus Christ. But do they? Which Jesus? How are they born again?
I could jump in to the doctrinal problems with versions perversions but that is a forgone conclusion with those who are up on the King James. There are perversions in teaching we may disagree with each other who use the King James on various issues, rapture, losing ones salvation, etc…. In light of this seemly contradicting problematic judgments of what is correct and what is just plain false mercy and grace, is what I speak too.
So what is most perplexing is not to lean to my own understanding but just trust what the word says. Now there are many verses that could be used to but let just use the seed one, since People of the Way has raise is that we just spread the seed, and let the Holy Spirit convict. Now if we are sowers of the seed what kind of seed does do we sow? We know that the enemy sow seed in the field that tares come by. We surly agree that one must be born again. Now what seed are we born again by?
Now Brother Tim, I do not have an intent that limits God from saving whosoever he will, at least I do not intent that. But in different dispensations God’s word was presented in different languages. If you do believe in the PCE, surly you must conclude that the King James Bible is God’s word for the time, not found in any other language. I must slightly disagree for the moment with your conclusion that some of God’s word is found in some perversion versions, I do not think any bible is found in perversion versions, it is all a lie. The full content of the Pure Word is what is at issue with that statement. If the word is corrupt it is corrupt. Truth is only truth if it is the whole truth. We live by every word that processed from the month of God. The greatest oxymoron is a half truth. The reality is if the word is so important that to change it has such dire consequences, we need to take this more serious. Or if enough bible is in their bible we can be saved using it, I don’t think Mormons are saved and as far as I know I don’t know if the so called main stream Christian Church are saved either, or I guess Billy Graham wasn’t doing that bad after all.
You can say one doctrine is a perversion and another can say the same about your doctrine, and others will agree or disagree, however what is our dogma is that the King James Bible is the word of God, and all others are false perversions, there is only one word of God today and it is found only in the King James Bible, today, or if we may the PCE.
I hope that is a good argument for the case I have implemented in this discussion. What say you?

Last edited by Scott Simons; 08-26-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Dear Tim and People of the way,

Aloha brother Scott,

In regards to your comments about:
Quote:
Dear Tim and People of the way,
In regards to Mormon's being "good people". Often times many of the Mormons I have known would put many a so-called Bible-believer to shame (when it comes to clean living and caring for their own). As true Bible believers we should be ashamed that we don't show the same care for one another as they do.

As to Salvation - I have never met a Mormon that has embraced (Believed) the Gospel as presented in the Bible (the same goes for Jehovahs Witnesses).

In order for a person to get saved - all they have to do is hear (or read) the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and they can get saved. They don't "need" the whole Bible - a simple Salvation tract will do quite nicely.

As to Mormons using the King James Bible - they have to, since their "Book of Mormon" has whole sections plagiarized from the King James Bible. Basically they are "stuck" with it because of this.

As to people who use or profess to believe in the King James Bible. Profession isn't everything! I have lived long enough to see supposed King James Bible "believers" do some really mean and cruel things to fellow believers -again "profession" isn't everything.

Keep studying and searching - looking to the Holy Spirit for "guidance" in all of these matters.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:46 PM

You know Scott, one thing out of all you wrote that touched my heart, was the fact that you have been blessed with truth, truth brother that led you out of the cult of mormonism. Outwardly like George says mormons live a life that would put a lot of professed born agains to shame, but its the core doctrines and the underlying message thats the deception. My uncle is involved in freemasonry and I know that mormonism has ties with freemasonry, I personally believe that mormanism is part of the illumiati's end time religion, along with Jehovah's Witness's, freemasonry being the common denominator. Any religion (Or should I say cult) that denies the Deity Of the LORD Jesus Christ is not Christian nor will it ever be, satans counterfeiting again in desperation knowing that its not that much longer before Our LORD Jesus returns, and he wants to decieve as many souls as he can.
Praise the LORD you have been released from the deception brother, and I pray that many more will be released through Gods Grace and mercy before its to late.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Scott Simons

After I received Jesus Christ, I spent much time in study. I found the error of Mormonism to an undisputed point. However after preaching regularly on the street in front of the Temple in Salt Lake for years, this was in the 80's before the mad rush, to get noticed. I ended up learning this, except one receives the love of the truth they will not be saved. So preach truth no matter what, it is the only thing that will lead one to the blessed Saviour.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 AM

I had lunch one day at a mans house. He invited me, Mormons and secular guests. They were already there when I arrived. I came in said hello to everyone. Got my plate and food sat at a table away from the drinkers and smokers but not with the Mormon missionaries.

I prayed over my food drank water only then after a short visit I left. The Mormon boys drank Coke (must be OK now).

the Mormon boys stopped me later on the street and said, "we saw you at the mans house for lunch. and we saw you did not smoke or drink and you prayed over your food. Are You a Mormon?"

I answered that I was a Christian. They were shocked. I then gave them my 3 minute testimony and shared what Christ did for me on the cross. and I said he could do the same for them if they bleived on him.

Then one of the Mormon boys replied, "Boy, you would make a great Mormon" As I tried speak some more their ride came.

Most young Mormon men have no idea what real Christians are like. All they know is Mormonism.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM

Seed planted chette, who's to say those Boys haven't found Christ
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
After I received Jesus Christ, I spent much time in study. I found the error of Mormonism to an undisputed point. However after preaching regularly on the street in front of the Temple in Salt Lake for years, this was in the 80's before the mad rush, to get noticed. I ended up learning this, except one receives the love of the truth they will not be saved. So preach truth no matter what, it is the only thing that will lead one to the blessed Saviour.

Aloha brother Scott,

Amen brother - it took me a lot longer to learn this very basic lesson. I thank God that I finally got it!