General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Default I take my leave

I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology. Rather, there appears to be quite a large group of adherents to Dispensational theology and those who follow the teachings of Jacobus Arminius rather than the Word of God.

I mostly came here to talk about the Bible, but it's clear that i'm not welcome...so i take my leave.

There's no reason for me to be part of a forum where i'm not wanted.

My departure may even raise much criticism...but i can't see the benefit in staying.

I sought to answer those according to their folly, but rather than accepting the truth they have grown in folly. Therefore, i will cease and desist lest i also be like unto them.

Prov 26:4-5
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 AM

Default Larry B

Hi Larry - sad to hear that you are withdrawing so soon. Why not stay a while and get to know some folks. Not everyone on this forum believes the same things about everything - it is just that some come right out front and state their case, as others hold their own silently and concentrate on the KJB. I hope that you stay and give it a little bit longer before you make your decision.

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-15-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb View Post
I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology.
I certainly disagree with reformed theology, that doesn't mean everyone here does and I hope you are not leaving on my part, just because we disagree does not mean you have to leave.

But in no way do I believe that Calvinism is Biblical truth...man's philosophy is more like it.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I sought to answer those according to their folly, but rather than accepting the truth they have grown in folly. Therefore, i will cease and desist lest i also be like unto them.

Your teaching had Holy Scripture presented against it in truth, yet you choose to call us "wise in our own conceit" and "fools" and that the Biblical truth we presented to you is folly, well sir that scripture will not return onto him void, but I am afraid it is more appropriately directed at yourself.
Mind your fingers in the door on the way out.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

EDIT. And btw I am not an "Arminian" as you put it, I am a Bible Believing Born again Christian who follows the word of God as presented by Gods Spirit through the King James Bible.
Calvinism is a mess, I pray the Lord opens your eyes and unhardens your heart in due time
Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Larryb,

I think the FFF would suit you better, they have driven off all the Bible believers and turned it into the John Calvin Temple...maybe you would feel more comfortable there? Or maybe you are already a member there?

http://www.fundamentalforums.com/index.php?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
EDIT. And btw I am not an "Arminian" as you put it, I am a Bible Believing Born again Christian who follows the word of God as presented by Gods Spirit through the King James Bible.
Calvinism is a mess, I pray the Lord opens your eyes and unhardens your heart in due time
Amen and Amen!

Of course Calvinists will label us as such...after all, if your not a Calvinist then you must be Arminian.

Notice how it's always about how men interpret the Bible with Calvinism, I don't know who's worse, the Calvinist or the Catholic.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology. Prov 26:4-5
I hope you will read The Other Side of Calvinism by Lawrence Vance. It is an excellent treatise on the subject you spoke of. I regret that you consider someone a fool because they believe in dispensational theology. I thought Psalm 14:1 was clear about what defined a person as a fool. Though we believe that God has dispensed his grace through various means through history we recognized that it is God who is the author of his grand plan.

If my memory serves me correctly Bullinger was a dispensationalist and a Calvinist. Its a strange combinantion to me but maybe he may be of interest to you seeing you may be more receptive of someone who is of a similar theological feather.

Keep an open heart and keep reading the scripture.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:26 PM

Larry B's
Quote:
I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology
Well, now you are aware. I am for biblical truths that are found in the AV/KJB, not "Biblical truths" from the deluded mind of a man such as Jean Cauvin or any other man.

Quote:
Rather, there appears to be quite a large group of adherents to Dispensational theology and those who follow the teachings of Jacobus Arminius rather than the Word of God.
I am for biblical truths that are found in the AV/KJB, not from the deluded mind of a man such as Jacobus Arminius or any other man.

Quote:
I mostly came here to talk about the Bible, but it's clear that i'm not welcome...so i take my leave.
You mostly came here to proselytize for your buddy John Calvin judging from your posts.

Quote:
It's not you that is not wanted; it's your false theology based on the deluded thoughts of a deluded mind that is not wanted.

Quote:

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalker View Post
But in no way do I believe that Calvinism is Biblical truth...man's philosophy is more like it.
Amen to that.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM

Default Re: "I take my leave"

Quote:
"I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology. Rather, there appears to be quite a large group of adherents to Dispensational theology and those who follow the teachings of Jacobus Arminius rather than the Word of God.

My departure may even raise much criticism...but i can't see the benefit in staying.

"

Aloha all,

Please take note of the way LarryB uses "words":

Quote:
"I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology. Rather, there appears to be quite a large group of adherents to Dispensational theology and those who follow the teachings of Jacobus Arminius rather than the Word of God."
"I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology." LarryB continually presented "Reformed Theology" as being the SAME as "Biblical truth" - this is the problem with ALL "systems of biblical interpretation or theological formulations, and those people who adhere to them, they can not (or will not) discern the difference between the Holy words of God and a man's "private interpretation" of them. We are NOT "against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed Theology" - we are AGAINST the teachings in Reformed Theology that run CONTRARY to the Holy word of God!

You will also notice also that LarryB did what almost all Calvinists will do (when presented with Scriptures that run contrary to his beliefs), he "labels" all those who disagree with him as following "the teachings of Jacobus Arminius (whom John Calvin had KILLED for disagreeing with him!) rather than the Word of God"!}

Remember what I said at the beginning of the study on Calvinism?
Quote:
"Firstly - I do not accept the premise that: There are two main camps of theology within Christianity in America today: Arminianism and Calvinism.

There is a “THIRD CAMP” (that most Calvinists refuse to recognize), of which I am a member. I will not let anyone “classify” me (or what I believe) in ONLY ONE of two possible camps, simply because they do not believe that a “Third Camp” exists – or because they refuse to recognize it. And herein lays my first “problem” with Calvinism (or more properly – with some Calvinists): When there is a disagreement amongst Christians (over doctrine or issues of importance), the ability to “DEFINE” the issues cannot be controlled by only one of those parties!"
To most Calvinists - IF you are not a Calvinist you MUST be an Arminian!

Quote:
"I mostly came here to talk about the Bible, but it's clear that i'm not welcome...so i take my leave."
IF LarryB sincerely came here "to talk about the Bible" - WHY is he so upset if some of the brethren here used the Bible to counter his beliefs?

Quote:
"There's no reason for me to be part of a forum where i'm not wanted."
This is what I mean when I talk about the "Hyper-sensitivity" of modern day "Christians". I don't recall anyone here on the Forum telling LarryB that he was "not welcome" or "not wanted" here, it's just that if he starts to spout off about Reformed Theology on a Bible believing Forum he is going to run into Christians who are going to disagree with him. You will notice the "old curmudgeon" stayed out of the "discussion" and LarryB still was offended.

Quote:
"My departure may even raise much criticism...but i can't see the benefit in staying."
I am not criticizing LarryB personally. He may be a "nice guy"; an "upstanding fellow"; and a "decent person". What I have a "problem" with is some of his (Calvin's) doctrine and, as seen by his next comments, his blanket condemnation of most of us on the AV1611 Bible Forums.

Quote:
"I sought to answer those according to their folly, but rather than accepting the truth they have grown in folly. Therefore, i will cease and desist lest i also be like unto them."

And so with a parting shot (calling us FOOLS) LarryB leaves our "fair shores" for "greener pastures" (perhaps the FFF?) where perhaps he will find those of like mind and beliefs - although I doubt it.