General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Bro. Parrish

Default Husbands For Sale!!!

HUSBANDS FOR SALE!
A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York
City where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates.

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.
She like that, but keeps going up...

The second floor sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.
She like that, but keeps going up...

The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are
extremely good looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going...

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.
'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims,
'I can hardly stand it!' Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead
gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor.
There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.
Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM

I sure hope that either

- you are not married and don't intend to be any time soon
or
- you don't let your wife anywhere near a computer.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM

I find that this is not edifying the body of Christ. the thread may have been better used. it may be a funny worldly joke. but it is a lie and belittles women.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 PM

Ease up Brother Chette.

Would you jump on Solomon for this?

Quote:
Proverbs 21:9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Proverbs 25:24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.
Ladies, is Chette right, or maybe is his fuss with Bro. Parrish causing him to be a little short-tempered?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Bro. Parrish

LOL yes I think you're right Bro. Tim.
I'm afraid Chette has not only lost his sense of humor...
now he has gone from bashing Hovind to bashing me!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM

I am not being short tempered. that joke is worldly and he posted it as if it were something true a real store. He should of posted it as a "joke" If it is real where is the Link?

I would jump on Solomon if he was posting his sin and ignorance on the site. as far as the three Proverbs you posted I have used them and have suggested others to do so and they work for they are Biblical.

but the joke here is not Biblical and it does not edify.

My "fuss" with BroParish is something that leaves me a little more than graceful with him I will admit. but I am not in sin in making my view known.

A Biblical Authoritative Woman whose Husband fears God and follows what the Bible says (not WWJD) will indeed help his wife in any matter of the home, and relationship. the look's of either husband or wife doesn't matter and should not (that is a worldly standard), as God's only requirement is that the one we choose as husband or wife be a Christian believer, not love the Lord, or fears the Lord for many RC's do that and so do JW's.

My wife is easy to please and many Christian women are not as picky as BroParish tries to imply in his joke. I say Christian ladies because he added the "love the Lord" statement.

Just as a reminder
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I admit some edification comes through rebuke, correction and admonishment but let it be done in grace and I have been as graceful as I can when it comes to BroParish.

Am I offended at this joke? Yes. it may be a joke and good and dandy for humors sake. but what good is it for the Body of Christ? just to make you laugh at the wordiness of it?

There are many post BroParish has posted that I have not commented on for most of them seem to be unnecessary to even make remarks. But I leave them be and let you all get wrapped up in them. you will find most of his post are in "Current Events" and "General chit-chat".

those in Doctrines and Bible studies have shown some lacking in Biblical understanding which I pray he grows in that area above all others.

by the way BroP I am not bashing you and it is not bashing to say your joke was a little less than tasteful. and if anyone wants to see who is and is not bashing Kent or BroP go to my last post on the "Kent Hovind Update" and you will all see it is BroP who has been doing the only bashing

Last edited by chette777; 03-31-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 PM

I thought it was real funny,I would have stopped at floor 2

I think floor 2 would have been a biggie for me.

Mrs Hayseed
Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I find that this is not edifying the body of Christ. the thread may have been better used. it may be a funny worldly joke. but it is a lie and belittles women.
Bro. Chette and I both are in the Philippines. He's American; I'm Filipino; and we have not seen each other face to face, and meet only here in the forum.

However, after reading the joke, I seem to also have a "negative" feeling/reaction/attitude towards it. I don't know why or how.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM

hmmn... looks like I jumped straight to level 4 without stopping. How'd that happen?

I get tons of these kinds of things from my many "acquaintances". I've seen this one before. It is no worse, possibly somewhat better, than the majority of the male/husband bashing ones out there. The general theme of the many emails circling the net is that women are picky/prissy/expensive and men are stupid/insensitive/brutes. I tend to ignore both as they point out the worst of either side and I've yet to see anything passed around pointing out the other side of that which is the GOOD points/character features.

However, judging from the conversations I've been privy to more women than men tend to complain/put down their spouses.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM

Jaebyrd,

4th floor wow! That tells us a lot about Diligent. Hee Hee Hee!

I have had to ask my friends who send such to me to stop doing so. I don't get the thrill out of them as I did when I was unsaved.

but you forgot one general theme for women (this one I see a lot) the BLOND airhead type.

it is a shame that we don't seem to loose our worldliness when it comes to comedy. I once watched what was to be a Christian comedy show. I has clean language but the same kinds of worldly jokes.

Occasionally one good clean funny not so worldly one comes down the line generally they are animal jokes or the such. but for the most part they are just worldly. i.e. Dr to patient: "Well sir your X-ray showed you had a broken rib. But no problem we fixed it with Photoshop."

I think allowing ourselves to much of these types of things will help conform our minds to the world and not transform our minds as Paul encourages us too in Romans 12:1, 2

Last edited by chette777; 04-01-2009 at 08:50 PM.